Old 06-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I don't know why it's being such a pain, but my stomach does not like me today. I tossed and turned all night, and I could tell my stomach wasn't feeling good. It feels a bit like my normal stomach problems, but they don't last this long usually. Plus, they are directly related to eating too much, and while I had a late dinner last night, all I've had today is my breakfast shake blended with 1 1/2 cups of spinach and the crispy cereal. I brought some more veggies to snack on, but that's just not going to happen this afternoon.

I have my weigh in tonight, and while I should be down a little I feel so bloated. I have a feeling it isn't going to be a great one. At least moving is over with so my stress level is going down a bit. I'll just focus on making next week a great one - and maybe no "slip-ups" . The week after that I'm going to the beach so it'd be nice to have a really good week before I go.
NotCoolEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #92  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
I don't know why it's being such a pain, but my stomach does not like me today. I tossed and turned all night, and I could tell my stomach wasn't feeling good. It feels a bit like my normal stomach problems, but they don't last this long usually. Plus, they are directly related to eating too much, and while I had a late dinner last night, all I've had today is my breakfast shake blended with 1 1/2 cups of spinach and the crispy cereal. I brought some more veggies to snack on, but that's just not going to happen this afternoon.

I have my weigh in tonight, and while I should be down a little I feel so bloated. I have a feeling it isn't going to be a great one. At least moving is over with so my stress level is going down a bit. I'll just focus on making next week a great one - and maybe no "slip-ups" . The week after that I'm going to the beach so it'd be nice to have a really good week before I go.
Maybe you have a touch of a stomach virus or something? That might explain the bloating too. I'd suggest making sure you drink plenty of water. If you have any fruit juice type packets, they're a big help on days when you don't feel like eating.

Hang in there...and think happy beach thoughts!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #93  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I had way too many fudge pops over the weekend. We moved to a new place with no central AC and it's been hard. We're getting a window unit and I've finally figured out a good with green tea and True Lemon.

My weigh in showed the results though, so I am going to have to be strict now. I have one of those ombre sheer shirts I would really like to get into before summer is over.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #94  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I've really been struggling the last three days. Today I actually looked up how many carbs are in one licorice baby. I've had a stale bag of them in my desk drawer since I started IP. I actually had to use my big dangerous voice, "step away from the candy"

Really trying to stay OP!

Last edited by ChipnDip; 06-24-2014 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I've really been struggling the last three days. Today I actually looked up how many carbs are in one lei rice baby. I've had a stale bag of them in my desk drawer since I started IP. I actually had to use my big dangerous voice, "step away from the candy"

Really trying to stay OP!
Throw out the stale babies, CHIP! Quick, do it NOWWWWW!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #96  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hmmm...up a little bit on the scale this morning. My muscles are a little sore from kickboxing yesterday so I'm guessing that's what the cause is. Plus I might be experiencing a bit of the big C. No worries, I haven't done anything that would actually make me gain real weight so onward & forward.

Have a great day!!

ETA: Yesterday was my anniversary and DH picked me a bouquet of flowers and made me a card. He's artistically inclined and he drew an awesome picture of our new house on the front of the card. It might sound silly but I think it was much more romantic than just buying a stock card and flowers. I'm a lucky girl!
Please tell me more on your doing work outs while on IP... I am very active usually my fitbit shows I burn 2000 or more calories per day and I like to do a weight lifting routine but when I am overly active or lift weights I get starving hungry ... do you just suffer through or have an the 4 packets per day or ??? Please share I am frustrated at being so hungry and grumpy..
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #97  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
Please tell me more on your doing work outs while on IP... I am very active usually my fitbit shows I burn 2000 or more calories per day and I like to do a weight lifting routine but when I am overly active or lift weights I get starving hungry ... do you just suffer through or have an the 4 packets per day or ??? Please share I am frustrated at being so hungry and grumpy..
You only eat 1000 calories a day so I don't know that burning 2000 is a good idea. I know there are a few of you out there that enjoy exercise but it really isn't recommended to do the strenuous stuff.
I am not an expert as I am a "sedentary" type of person myself. But I would just worry about burning that much more than you're taking in.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #98  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
You only eat 1000 calories a day so I don't know that burning 2000 is a good idea. I know there are a few of you out there that enjoy exercise but it really isn't recommended to do the strenuous stuff.
I am not an expert as I am a "sedentary" type of person myself. But I would just worry about burning that much more than you're taking in.
I Guess maybe I was not real clear on that last post.... I ment that in a regular day my fitbit shows I burn 2000 calories or more.....Not much I can do about that as my job is my job and I am busy at work and at home... if I exercise my calorie count is greater... I guess I will try a week of 4 packets a day and see how I do.........
Trial and error here
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I Guess maybe I was not real clear on that last post.... I ment that in a regular day my fitbit shows I burn 2000 calories or more.....Not much I can do about that as my job is my job and I am busy at work and at home... if I exercise my calorie count is greater... I guess I will try a week of 4 packets a day and see how I do.........
Trial and error here
I think I responded to you about ways to adjust your eating to accommodate your strenuous job... Not sure if it was this thread or another, but I think it was yesterday. You DEFINITELY need a fourth packet with your work (whatever you do). See if you can find my post and read through it.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #100  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
I add a couple of eggs and def use 4 packets on workout days. I'm a bit of an oddity in that I don't have an increase in my appetite when I workout, I actually have less appetite so i have to make myself add the extra food. Sometimes it's just one of the fruit juice packets. But you do need to eat more if you are that active.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #101  
IP start date 12/12/12

Ugh! Having one of those days when I resent having to always watch what I eat!

Sat in a 90 min meeting with a dozen DD donuts being eaten in front of me. I made it through without a taste but I'm just feeling like I want something other than veggies and protein packs!

Plus I know damn well that I will always have to resist goodies or I am destined to gain back what I've lost! I know this feeling will go away but right now I'm aggravated as I sit here eating a salad!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Ugh! Having one of those days when I resent having to always watch what I eat!

Sat in a 90 min meeting with a dozen DD donuts being eaten in front of me. I made it through without a taste but I'm just feeling like I want something other than veggies and protein packs!

Plus I know damn well that I will always have to resist goodies or I am destined to gain back what I've lost! I know this feeling will go away but right now I'm aggravated as I sit here eating a salad!
I have those days, too. The Beck Diet Solution book is really helping me change my thinking because you're absolutely right...it needs to be a way of life for maintenance.

I view those items as poison now...DD has transfats, sugar (poison for me and my metabolic resistance), and gluten (causes me more problems).

I'm learning through this IP process that I need to change my own thinking and attitudes toward what other people can and do eat & keep my own focus on me. It surely isn't always easy and I'll have to be diligent.

One thing that helps me is to plan a treat for myself later. So, if people are eating sweets (or salty crunchies) I'm lusting after, I can say to myself, "That isn't a good choice for me but I can make myself ___ later, which fits my plan"

Somebody posted some yummy looking cinnamon rolls yesterday, made from a cinnamon roll quest bar and some WF syrup. They looked scrumptious and were totally OP.

Diet fatigue is real and it comes and goes. There are days I have to re-double my efforts to keep my head in the game. And then the next day the toughness seems to dissipate.

I can't tell you how much the Beck Diet Solution book has helped me.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #103  
IP start date 12/12/12

Thanks, Lisa. I'll have to check that book out. I keep hearing about it.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #104  
Restarted IP 12 July 2015

S/C/G: S/C/G: 250/239.2/130

Height: 5'7" 23-y-o

Hi y'all
I am a newbie and I have a question for the 90%ers. As my coach is very much in the 100% camp (obviously), she does not listen to concerns like this one.

Anyhoo, I want to succeed on this diet and make it livable for myself. The thing I am struggling most with is the veggies, getting all 4 cups in. I just can't stomach plain raw vegetables most of the time, and the oil allowance is so low that it's hard to cook all my veggies. I like salad, but I just have to use some kind of dressing to enjoy it. To me Walden Farms tastes like chemical-y crap that I should not be putting in my body. I like to make my own dressing with my allotted 2 tsp olive oil, apple cider vinegar, spices, and mustard. The problem is that I only like really mild mustards. My absolute, hands-down favorite is Hellman's Dijonaise. Per serving it has 5 calories, 0g fat, 0g sugar, and >1g carbs. It does have sugar as an ingredient. I am sure to measure out only 1 serving of dijonaise when I make dressing, and I use this dressing about every other day. So my question, how bad is this really? If I am still in ketosis, can I consider myself all good on the sugar-added-from-mustard front?

Thanks for your help!
LizziBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

I guess it depends on how fast you want to lose the weight. The dressing might kick you out of ketosis or it might not. I don't really watch my oil too much because we are using the good oils. I don't go crazy but I am not measuring it. I also use cream and sugar in my coffee once a day and I even used a tbsp of creamy dressing yesterday. I am still losing but maybe not as fast as some people. I told my coach about it and she said that those guidelines are there for people who if you give them a little they will not know when to stop. I am pretty good at stopping. Every coach is different though. I am definitely in the 90-95% zone. Some veterans will have a different take on this so maybe you should listen to them. Lol
Sheena1966 is offline   Reply With Quote