Old 07-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #151  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysgirl319 View Post
Hi all. I have been on IP using alternatives since 6/17 and I haven't been 100% OP. Nonetheless I'm down approx 12 lbs. I have a question about my average weekly weight loss. I haven't been taking all the supplements just multivitamins when I can remember them, and some days I don't get all my water intake. I don't use additional oil or salt other than what I cook my veggies with. With all that being said could these issues be holding me back from losing more weight? I think I've been doing pretty good on everything else not many cheats or stuff not OP. Just wondering how much of an impact those have on your weight loss. Any thoughts?
From what I've heard, those things will def affect your weight loss. And they will also affect how you feel while on this plan. Our calories are so restricted that we don't get all the necessary nutrients. I've even heard of people who started using the oil as directed and suddenly had a big whoosh. Try to get your supplements, oil and salt as much as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
My weigh in yesterday wasn't totally horrible - down .8, and I started TOM today. I *might* have had some wine last night but committed to none tonight or tomorrow (and no open bottles in the house to tempt me!). Hopefully between TOM being over and lightening up significantly on the wine I will have a better week next week. Also, my scale said I was 2 pounds lighter this morning than I was yesterday morning. My scale is a big liar sometimes, but I'm still choosing to believe it.
TOM and wine def affected my weigh in too. And when I stepped on the scale this morning, I was down 2 lbs too! LOL Good idea not having any open bottles to tempt you! I have an open bottle now and I am feeling very tempted...maybe it will help with the itchy torture!

I'm going to roast some cauliflower while I'm home so I can make some hummus. With unlimited cukes and celery, it will help me stay OP.
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

[QUOTE=mrskuby;5041656]From what I've heard, those things will def affect your weight loss. And they will also affect how you feel while on this plan. Our calories are so restricted that we don't get all the necessary nutrients. I've even heard of people who started using the oil as directed and suddenly had a big whoosh. Try to get your supplements, oil and salt as much as you can.

Thanks! I treat each week as day 1 and try to stay as close to 100% as possible. With that being said, I will definately try those out and see if that affects my weight loss. So far it has only been minimal about 2-3 lbs a week. I would love to see a big drop! But I am still happy with my sucess because it's coming off SLOWLY but surely!
tysgirl319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #153  
IP start date 12/12/12

[/QUOTE]Thanks! I treat each week as day 1 and try to stay as close to 100% as possible. With that being said, I will definately try those out and see if that affects my weight loss. So far it has only been minimal about 2-3 lbs a week. I would love to see a big drop! But I am still happy with my sucess because it's coming off SLOWLY but surely![/QUOTE]

Honestly, 2-3 lbs a week is great! Generally when you see the bigger drops it's either the first couple of weeks or the people that have lots to lose. You don't have that much to lose so I think you are losing perfectly! Great job!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the encouragement and I do try to keep it all in perspective. Any loss is great!
tysgirl319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #155  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Default First 15 lbs gone!!

Had my WI this AM and I have officially lost 15 lbs!!! Yay!!
lizajuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #156  
Rebooter

S/C/G: 155/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Well. Weigh-in today, and only down one lb - however, I lost an inch almost everywhere (only half an inch on arms). So, the wine is going back in the cupboard because I really really want to be done with this!!
AeRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #157  
IP start date 12/12/12

Congrats to those of you with losses this week!!!

I'm back up today but I think it's from the Prednisone (steriods) that I am taking for the poison ivy. I guess I'll have to wait till I'm done with that before I see any progress.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #158  
Rebooter

I was on prednisone at the beginning of the summer for an ear infection, of all things, and I thought I was going to pop like a bubble, I got so big. I know that doesn't sound very encouraging, I just meant that I can identify with the steroid yuckies. Hoping things get better! (Is your poison ivy feeling better, at least?)
Old 07-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #159  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeRose View Post
I was on prednisone at the beginning of the summer for an ear infection, of all things, and I thought I was going to pop like a bubble, I got so big. I know that doesn't sound very encouraging, I just meant that I can identify with the steroid yuckies. Hoping things get better! (Is your poison ivy feeling better, at least?)
It's getting better...slowly. Thanks for asking! Did you lose the added weight quickly or did it stick around for a while? I can't imagine that it's actual weight gain since I haven't changed my eating. I really don't want to have to start over again!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #160  
Rebooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
It's getting better...slowly. Thanks for asking! Did you lose the added weight quickly or did it stick around for a while? I can't imagine that it's actual weight gain since I haven't changed my eating. I really don't want to have to start over again!
Well....this is bad of me to admit, but...I used it as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted, knowing I would reboot IP about three weeks after. My mum has lupus and is often on prednisone and she says it sticks around a while. Of course, she's also one of those people who burns fat first, just naturally, so she's 5'6" and at her heaviest weighs 115.

I think as long as you haven't changed your eating, it should go away within a week or so after you finish it.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #161  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

oops - have to put myself in the 90% corner for yesterday. I was in the waiting room at the dr. and thoughtlessly popped a peppermint in my mouth. It didn't even occur to me until late last night what I'd done. Ah well. At least it wasn't two mints!
tyranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:41 PM   #162  
Rebooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranny View Post
oops - have to put myself in the 90% corner for yesterday. I was in the waiting room at the dr. and thoughtlessly popped a peppermint in my mouth. It didn't even occur to me until late last night what I'd done. Ah well. At least it wasn't two mints!
If that lands you in the 90% corner, I'm doomed. I think a mint must still count as the 99.9% corner!!
Old 08-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #163  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I am thinking of transitioning when I get out of the twos. I am going to see how it goes when I get closer. I am hovering in the same weight this week but I have high hopes for this month. I am going to start back drinking green tea before eating/drinking my first meal.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #164  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

I'm glad I found this thread I LOVE food, especially sweets and breads I have kept everything at bay, except for my coffee creamer. I have 2 cups of coffee in the morning and drink 2 extra cups of water for every 1 cup of coffee. This is my "sin" and I have confessed to it
Pebbles1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #165  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Pebbles -- I know people have different opinions on coffee. I just like the taste so it's not the caffeine for me. If you do slowly start switching over to half-caf, half cream/half milk.... etc you could probably get to decaf with milk without a headache. No caffeine, you can drink how much you want, no extra water, lots less fat than using cream... there are lots of "perks" to switchin' your perk!
My mom however, says she has given up men, smoking, and drinking. She'll be d@#ned if she's giving up her coffee.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote