Old 07-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #136  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Pretend you are pregnant. If you would do it for your baby then you should feel you are just as important.
Haha! Maybe that's why I never had a baby!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #137  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I also wanted to add that the wine is more than a cheat that could effect the scale. It really isn't a healthy thing for your body to have to deal with when you are in ketosis.

I know it has been discussed previously. I'm also not trying to be preachy. I just wanted to mention it in case there are some newbies out there.
That's why I stay on this thread...so everyone knows that what I'm doing isn't exactly OP.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #138  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

MrsKuby, have you tried hibiscus tea? It won't be the color of chardonay but it will give you a tart taste. It's TOM for me and I'm trying to use it to help with my cravings. You can add some sparkling water if needed.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #139  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
MrsKuby, have you tried hibiscus tea? It won't be the color of chardonay but it will give you a tart taste. It's TOM for me and I'm trying to use it to help with my cravings. You can add some sparkling water if needed.
Hmmm...nope never tried it! Can you buy it at a regular grocery store or a natural foods store?
Old 07-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Ugh! Wine is defeating me! I'm okay with food, minor off plan items, but I have to stop with the wine! Sure, if I could have just one glass, it would be fine but nooo, I always have more than i planned! So I went out at lunch today and got myself some cranberry-lime seltzer. That's what I used last time to replace the wine so I will try it again! I will overcome the call of the wine!
I was actually just coming on to this thread to say the same thing! I weigh in tonight and assuming my home scale is accurate (big assumption) this will be my third week in a row with no loss. I did have a vacation in there one week, but I know it's the wine that's holding me back. I was planning to institute a "weekend only" rule, but threw it out the window when my commute home from work took almost two hours and walked into a really messy house and got irritated with my boyfriend (he's a teacher and home all day on summer break. He couldn't fold that basket of laundry? Really? I'm totally fine with him relaxing and playing playstation some, I swear. I know teachers work super hard the rest of the year.)

Anyhow, I'm disappointed in myself for not doing well the past few weeks. Proud I didn't gain on vacation, but not so much now. I leave for another trip next Tuesday and there will be wineries involved. No more weeknight wine until then.
NotCoolEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #141  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
I was actually just coming on to this thread to say the same thing! I weigh in tonight and assuming my home scale is accurate (big assumption) this will be my third week in a row with no loss. I did have a vacation in there one week, but I know it's the wine that's holding me back. I was planning to institute a "weekend only" rule, but threw it out the window when my commute home from work took almost two hours and walked into a really messy house and got irritated with my boyfriend (he's a teacher and home all day on summer break. He couldn't fold that basket of laundry? Really? I'm totally fine with him relaxing and playing playstation some, I swear. I know teachers work super hard the rest of the year.)

Anyhow, I'm disappointed in myself for not doing well the past few weeks. Proud I didn't gain on vacation, but not so much now. I leave for another trip next Tuesday and there will be wineries involved. No more weeknight wine until then.
When I first started it was so hard to give up my wine. I see now how it really slowed my losses. Before IP I was drinking it to often anyway and almost making it a nightly routine so I'm glad I stopped. I attribute wine to most of my weight gain. Anyway, I am a really slow loser. I usually only lose 2lbs a week unlike 3-5 that most seem to lose. If I were to drink wine I probably wouldn't lose anything. It's just not worth it to me.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
When I first started it was so hard to give up my wine. I see now how it really slowed my losses. Before IP I was drinking it to often anyway and almost making it a nightly routine so I'm glad I stopped. I attribute wine to most of my weight gain. Anyway, I am a really slow loser. I usually only lose 2lbs a week unlike 3-5 that most seem to lose. If I were to drink wine I probably wouldn't lose anything. It's just not worth it to me.
Well, wine is definitely worth it to me . BUT I was doing much better without it. Or when I was drinking a lot less of it. I wasn't that miserable the first few weeks when I didn't have any, I just felt like I didn't have an outlet for stress or a good way to unwind after a long day. I'm like Mrscuby. If I could keep it to one glass, I'd be fine. But I don't, so best not to have it. I'll allow it on weekends, but I need to nix it on weeknights.

I'd say I could have one glass when I go to read in bed, but then I'd end up with an open bottle tempting me and that's just not a good idea.

I'm also a slow lower. When everyone else posted huge losses their first week, I was at 3.4. I'm not really complaining about that, because I'm never going to complain about a 3 pound loss, it just wasn't what other people saw. I'm about to start my TOM which I'm sure isn't helping this week, but if I'm honest I know that isn't the main cause.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #143  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Well, wine is definitely worth it to me . BUT I was doing much better without it. Or when I was drinking a lot less of it. I wasn't that miserable the first few weeks when I didn't have any, I just felt like I didn't have an outlet for stress or a good way to unwind after a long day. I'm like Mrscuby. If I could keep it to one glass, I'd be fine. But I don't, so best not to have it. I'll allow it on weekends, but I need to nix it on weeknights.

I'd say I could have one glass when I go to read in bed, but then I'd end up with an open bottle tempting me and that's just not a good idea.

I'm also a slow lower. When everyone else posted huge losses their first week, I was at 3.4. I'm not really complaining about that, because I'm never going to complain about a 3 pound loss, it just wasn't what other people saw. I'm about to start my TOM which I'm sure isn't helping this week, but if I'm honest I know that isn't the main cause.
I totally get the need to unwind. I miss my wine a lot. Instead of wine if I really need to I will make myself a skinny vodka drink instead. For ME it seems to not slow my losses like wine. I have mixed vodka with either diet coke with splenda or "Ice" drinks. I think they are sweetened with the wrong stuff but it doesn't effect me. Just what works for me. Heck, I could just do a shot. Lol
Old 07-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #144  
IP start date 12/12/12

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that battles with wine! I made it through last night with the seltzer and really didn't miss it too much. Today was "birthday bagel" day at the office and I really wanted one! But then I decided that it wouldn't be worth it. I'd rather have a glass of wine than a bagel any day so I stayed strong and walked away!

The first time I did IP, I did limit my wine to weekends and it seemed to work fine for me. I guess I was testing to see if I really need to cut my daily wine...and apparently I do!

To make matters worse, TOM is here for the second time in two weeks! Not impressed, especially because I always gain a bit when it comes. Ugh! I swear if I ever get this weight off, I'll be so obsessed with keeping it off so I never have to go through this again!

Oh and one more thing to whine about...I have poison ivy on my face! Not sure if it's from yardwork or from one of the cats but I am so miserable right now!

A glass of wine would make me feel so much better! LOL
Old 07-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #145  

Quote:
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that battles with wine! I made it through last night with the seltzer and really didn't miss it too much. Today was "birthday bagel" day at the office and I really wanted one! But then I decided that it wouldn't be worth it. I'd rather have a glass of wine than a bagel any day so I stayed strong and walked away!

The first time I did IP, I did limit my wine to weekends and it seemed to work fine for me. I guess I was testing to see if I really need to cut my daily wine...and apparently I do!

To make matters worse, TOM is here for the second time in two weeks! Not impressed, especially because I always gain a bit when it comes. Ugh! I swear if I ever get this weight off, I'll be so obsessed with keeping it off so I never have to go through this again!

Oh and one more thing to whine about...I have poison ivy on my face! Not sure if it's from yardwork or from one of the cats but I am so miserable right now!

A glass of wine would make me feel so much better! LOL
Yeah, I did ok when I first added it back in and wasn't having much, but not so much now that I'm having more.

Sorry to hear about the poison ivy! That sounds horrible!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:58 AM   #146  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Hmmm...nope never tried it! Can you buy it at a regular grocery store or a natural foods store?

I would try the natural store for loose leaf hibiscus. If you don't mine other flavors Celestial has Lemon or Raspberry Zinger, Tazo has Passion tea and White Lion has a hibiscus tea and you can get those from the grocery store. I buy the Davidson brand from Amazon. It's strong and sifted well.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #147  
IP start date 12/12/12

Ugh! I'm home from work because the poison ivy is oozing on my face and itching like crazy! Even worse, the doc prescribed antibiotics and STEROIDS for 10 days. So I'm sure that will affect my weight loss! Ugh!!
Old 07-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #148  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Ugh! I'm home from work because the poison ivy is oozing on my face and itching like crazy! Even worse, the doc prescribed antibiotics and STEROIDS for 10 days. So I'm sure that will affect my weight loss! Ugh!!
When my DH took steroids he ballooned. As I recall most was fluid retention. It also made his blood sugar sky high.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

Hi all. I have been on IP using alternatives since 6/17 and I haven't been 100% OP. Nonetheless I'm down approx 12 lbs. I have a question about my average weekly weight loss. I haven't been taking all the supplements just multivitamins when I can remember them, and some days I don't get all my water intake. I don't use additional oil or salt other than what I cook my veggies with. With all that being said could these issues be holding me back from losing more weight? I think I've been doing pretty good on everything else not many cheats or stuff not OP. Just wondering how much of an impact those have on your weight loss. Any thoughts?
tysgirl319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #150  

My weigh in yesterday wasn't totally horrible - down .8, and I started TOM today. I *might* have had some wine last night but committed to none tonight or tomorrow (and no open bottles in the house to tempt me!). Hopefully between TOM being over and lightening up significantly on the wine I will have a better week next week. Also, my scale said I was 2 pounds lighter this morning than I was yesterday morning. My scale is a big liar sometimes, but I'm still choosing to believe it.