3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 6/4/2014

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #31
Member
 
ontheshoresarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 32

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
sarah- I'd be frustrated too. Maybe let her know that you have to be at work at a certain time (or whatever) and ask if there is a less busy time to come so that there isn't a line up... It may just have been a fluke. If you think a coach is helpful, give her another week or two. You know you can do this without help but I personally am more accountable when I have to go
I will reach out again tomorrow..thanks for listening
ontheshoresarah is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 972

S/C/G: 217/185/170

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well I don't normally change my ticker between weigh-ins but I figured I'm getting so close I may change it every day! LOL 200.8 this morning... C'mon onederland I feel you coming!!!!
YOU GOT THIS!!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Return P1 July 2014 for 15 lb additional

JLUS is online now  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A tiny island in the Caribbean
Posts: 11

S/C/G: 219.8/184.6/140

Height: 5'6.5''

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Okay, you actually have a whack of questions! LOL. Here is my attempt:
1) You're going away for a weekend so an extra pack is not going to matter in my opinion because you're missing out on the protein you would be having

2) there are threads about travelling OP so you can search those -- you'll have more luck if you go to "google" and search THERE than using the search feature here. 3FC search is brutal.

3) DON'T do chicken a la king unless you remember to cook it longer -- it is chunkier than the others and will be crunchy if not cooked longer.

4) I'd bring RTD shakes/puddings/drinks/bars if I could -- something fast and easy to grab and go. I tried to make a shake by pouring powder into a water bottle and that did NOT work FYI. Use your shaker LOL (trust me on that one)

5) You might get eggs there (depending on how strict) and ask for a fridge in your room if you do want to keep shakes colder etc. Never hurts to ask.

For travelling to Jamaica, there was good advice about what to/not to bring on carry on etc. so I hope someone remembers. They are getting so picky about plane travel, I'd hate for you to have to dump an RTD or get in trouble for "suspicious powders"...lol... I haven't travelled by plane so not sure how to help you on that one.


Thanks so much. haha. Yesss, I see it ended up being a few more questions than I thought I will actually be away for an entire week.

I appreciate the feedback on overseas travel. I will definitely look into what I can and cannot bring.

I am def bringing my shaker
__________________
ChoosingHappy is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #34
Started 06-03-14
 
Gina K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3

S/C/G: 248/ 218 / 150

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Finally had my first weigh in! That seemed like the longest week ever. I didn't post the big numbers some of you had, but that didn't really surprise me. With only 20-30 pounds to lose, I expected it to be a bit less - but I'm down 3.4 pounds!

My coach did measurements first and (I'm going from memory here) it was 1 1/4 of the waist, 1 off the hips. Everything else was pretty much the same, but I carry my weight around the middle so that's where I need it to come off. My coach thought from my measurements I would be down around 7 pounds. Fortunately I'd been weighing myself throughout the week and knew that wasn't going to be the case. Otherwise I probably would have been disappointed with my 3.4. So, there's one benefit of weighing at home.

Now that I've kind of learned how this works, and what to do if I start getting cranky (eat something!) I think week 2 will go a lot smoother than week 1. A good loss week 1 definitely helps me keep motivated to stay 100% OP.
That is very good! I am on my 2nd day.
Gina K. is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #35
IP since February 12/14
 
ChipnDip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 434

S/C/G: 249/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosingHappy View Post
Hi everyone I am really grateful for this site, as I have constantly looked to it to find answers and be inspired by others' successes. I am on week 6, and just started the Novi Cleanse. So far so good.
On IP tv they said Novi Cleanse has been discontinued. Anyone know why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I'm beyond excited I'm trying to reel it in a bit because I don't want to be too disappointed, I usually "whoosh" on weekends so it seems likely, but it's still a full pound away to be 199.8 so it could take a couple days... I hope I'm not the only one on here who feels like a kid at Christmas right now. I'll probably wake up at 6 am just to weigh myself lol
After screwing up with 5 cups of veggies yesterday, I woke up at 6 to pee on a ketostix! And. Then I weighed myself just in case. Down a lb from the previous day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
sarah- I'd be frustrated too. Maybe let her know that you have to be at work at a certain time (or whatever) and ask if there is a less busy time to come so that there isn't a line up... It may just have been a fluke. If you think a coach is helpful, give her another week or two. You know you can do this without help but I personally am more accountable when I have to go
My coach is more of a weigh and message. She started as a coach at the same time I started. Today I got to show her how to calculate net carbs and determine the restricted. Luckily I don't pay coaching fees or start up fees. I know I could do alts but there are things I can't get. Today was the first time the clinic had chocolate wafers. Replaces my fave choc bar for sure! And I couldn't live without my crisps! I also like to weigh in with someone else.
__________________




WI 1: 8.5, WI 2: -6.5, WI 3: -4.5, WI 4: -2, WI 5: -2, WI 6: -3, WI 7: -3.5, WI 8: -2.5, WI 9: -2, WI 10: -4, WI 11: -1, WI 12: -3.5, WI 13: -2, WI 14: -3.5, WI 14: -2.5, WI 15: -2, WI 16:-2.5, WI 17: -2.5, WI 18: -4.5, WI 19:-2, WI 20: -.5, WI 21:-2, WI 22: -3
ChipnDip is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #36
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 354

S/C/G: 170/140.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosingHappy View Post
Thanks so much. haha. Yesss, I see it ended up being a few more questions than I thought I will actually be away for an entire week.

I appreciate the feedback on overseas travel. I will definitely look into what I can and cannot bring.

I am def bringing my shaker
I just traveled to Tennessee, Florida (including Disney World) two weeks ago. Here's my thread on it...

Disney World and Traveling on IP

As others have said, there are some really good traveling on IP threads. Somewhere in there is a PDF from a coach about traveling that I wish I had read before I went (saw it after). The advice I needed from it is how to add extra food if you need to with long days or lots of exercise. I ended up adding a little extra protein and veggies if needed instead of packs.

Good Luck!
__________________


"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt
evemomma is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #37
Start IP 5/8/14
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Such great victories here! This is such a positive place to be! I'm still inching my way to onederland....I'll weigh in tomorrow morning but my home scale shows me still about 7 pounds away! I'll get there, though!!! Anyone else getting bored with the veggies? I need some more variety !
Jenrusl is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #38
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,867

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosingHappy View Post
Thanks so much. haha. Yesss, I see it ended up being a few more questions than I thought I will actually be away for an entire week.

I appreciate the feedback on overseas travel. I will definitely look into what I can and cannot bring.

I am def bringing my shaker
My easiest thing to throw in the bag is the Rice Cereal -- you can eat that in your room before going downstairs and then just have a coffee -- avoids all the bagels and fruit. You can also cut the top off and use the tin as a bowl in a pinch. It won't melt in a car. Lots of reasons to keep those for travel.

Good idea to bring the chips etc. -- I'd avoid anything chocolatey in these temperatures
__________________
IP43 is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #39
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 354

S/C/G: 170/140.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenrusl View Post
Such great victories here! This is such a positive place to be! I'm still inching my way to onederland....I'll weigh in tomorrow morning but my home scale shows me still about 7 pounds away! I'll get there, though!!! Anyone else getting bored with the veggies? I need some more variety !
Yay for being so close to Onederland!

I stayed away from the once a week veggies to start with (just easier not to have to buy them and not use very often), but now I have been starting to add these in here and there. I'm also excited to find out that I can eat yellow squash (we call summer squash here but apparently is a yellow zucchini?).

I am getting my hubby a grill for father's day (our old one died last summer)...and I CANNOT wait to do some veggie-bobs!
__________________


"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt
evemomma is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #40
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,867

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
My coach is more of a weigh and message. She started as a coach at the same time I started. Today I got to show her how to calculate net carbs and determine the restricted. Luckily I don't pay coaching fees or start up fees. I know I could do alts but there are things I can't get. Today was the first time the clinic had chocolate wafers. Replaces my fave choc bar for sure! And I couldn't live without my crisps! I also like to weigh in with someone else.
Honestly, I always used to be telling my coach info from 3FC. I even baked chocolate cookies from the shake pouch to share with her. She "raved" and posted the recipe on her website. Man, I should be getting a break on prices! LOL... I also go to get some things I like - the rotini etc. But she checks my blood pressure and I like that part. I paid my start up a long time ago and have spent enough on food to send her first born to college. She's very nice to talk to and I do like going for measurement updates. It's worth it to me...for now. I can do it alone but support is always helpful. That's why we're all here after all.
__________________
IP43 is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #41
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 624

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
John Mayer and I are singin' to you tomorrow...get ready for it.. (maybe buy some earplugs!)



I don't officially know but I'm going with the amount of salt in olives. Just my guess.
So I looked at the green and black olives I have in my cupboard and I think I have an answer... FAT 4 green olives have 25 calories and 25 of those are from fat, black olives have 25 calories and 20 are from fat.
__________________
[





Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
AmberLS is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #42
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,867

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
So I looked at the green and black olives I have in my cupboard and I think I have an answer... FAT 4 green olives have 25 calories and 25 of those are from fat, black olives have 25 calories and 20 are from fat.
makes sense. Thanks for checking. I'm sure salt isn't so great either. They are very healthy for you tho' so it's something I'll enjoy in my 'maintenance' plan.
__________________
IP43 is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #43
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 624

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Yay for being so close to Onederland!

I stayed away from the once a week veggies to start with (just easier not to have to buy them and not use very often), but now I have been starting to add these in here and there. I'm also excited to find out that I can eat yellow squash (we call summer squash here but apparently is a yellow zucchini?).

I am getting my hubby a grill for father's day (our old one died last summer)...and I CANNOT wait to do some veggie-bobs!
Wait we can have yellow squash? Aka summer squash, aka yellow zucchini? I've been under the impression it was a no.. SON OF A..... 3 months and I could have been having it? I too stayed away from weekly veggies at first but now I eat them weekly, mostly tomatoes
__________________
[





Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
AmberLS is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #44
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 354

S/C/G: 170/140.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Wait we can have yellow squash? Aka summer squash, aka yellow zucchini? I've been under the impression it was a no.. SON OF A..... 3 months and I could have been having it? I too stayed away from weekly veggies at first but now I eat them weekly, mostly tomatoes
Yes...JLUS posted about them recently. And I've gone nearly 7 weeks without them also. Had them at a restaurant last night and was sooooooo happy! I also have started doing tomatoes once a week. Usually if I am out to eat (which I usually only do once a week), I have them in my salad.
__________________


"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt
evemomma is offline  
Old 06-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #45
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,867

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

a mildly "pathetic" NSV but I'm on a "2 day streak" for recording on MyFitnessPal. The "one day streak" made me laugh but I find a 2 day one just as funny. BUT it's 2 days better than the recording I was doing so I'll take it!
__________________
IP43 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2