IP Daily Chat Wednesday 6/4/2014

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Well I don't normally change my ticker between weigh-ins but I figured I'm getting so close I may change it every day! LOL 200.8 this morning... C'mon onederland I feel you coming!!!!
    Tomorrow will be your day Amber.. Onederland her you come!!
  • Does anyone know why we can have olive oil but not olives? Just curious...
  • Quote: Does anyone know why we can have olive oil but not olives? Just curious...
    My hubby asked thr same thing! I don't know either.
  • Quote: Down 5.2 lbs at weigh in today definitely glad I skipped all the shower food last weekend
    Congrats!
  • Quote: Finally had my first weigh in! That seemed like the longest week ever. I didn't post the big numbers some of you had, but that didn't really surprise me. With only 20-30 pounds to lose, I expected it to be a bit less - but I'm down 3.4 pounds!
    That is a great loss!
  • Quote: Does anyone know why we can have olive oil but not olives? Just curious...
    I was totally thinking the same thing the other day. I miss olives.
  • I gotta say after my weekend slip a few weeks ago and spending the day off plan there really wasn't much food wise I missed, olives, ranch, and fruit were it. Sure there are things I'd like to eat again but those 3 things were the only truly missed items and other than ranch I'm excited that at the end of all this they aren't things that are bad for me. As for ranch... well I don't know what will happen between myself and my ranch love affair. I don't like ranch on everything just on salad and raw veggies so hopefully we can maintain some kind of positive relationship
  • Quote: Well I don't normally change my ticker between weigh-ins but I figured I'm getting so close I may change it every day! LOL 200.8 this morning... C'mon onederland I feel you coming!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi everyone I am really grateful for this site, as I have constantly looked to it to find answers and be inspired by others' successes. I am on week 6, and just started the Novi Cleanse. So far so good. I am quite happy with my results thus far, as well as the fact that I am doing a diet for the first time in my life with ease (after doing so many that felt like it was torture and a struggle). Anyway. I will be going on an amazing retreat for a week on Saturday that was totally unexpected as I was on a very long waiting list. The place is all vegetarian, and will accommodate me with no oil on my veggies, and will provide me with a microwave for my soups. The question I have is, will I still lose weight like normal if I have 4 packets instead of the regular 3 and fish/chicken???? Has anyone on here stayed strict while on a vacation? What were your tricks? I currently drink the premade chocolate drink every morning in a very large ice coffee. Love it. I plan to bring the chocolate drink powder (is it good??) and have it with coffee there. Soups, possibly chicken-a-la-king, chocolate wafer (love), chocolate soy puffs (love), and bbq chips. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. I am also going to Jamaica at the end of this month with the certainty of staying on IP, so I am hoping this will be good practice and preparation.
    John Mayer and I are singin' to you tomorrow...get ready for it.. (maybe buy some earplugs!)

Quote: Does anyone know why we can have olive oil but not olives? Just curious...
    I don't officially know but I'm going with the amount of salt in olives. Just my guess.
  • Quote: ... The question I have is, will I still lose weight like normal if I have 4 packets instead of the regular 3 and fish/chicken???? Has anyone on here stayed strict while on a vacation? What were your tricks? I currently drink the premade chocolate drink every morning in a very large ice coffee. Love it. I plan to bring the chocolate drink powder (is it good??) and have it with coffee there. Soups, possibly chicken-a-la-king, chocolate wafer (love), chocolate soy puffs (love), and bbq chips. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. I am also going to Jamaica at the end of this month with the certainty of staying on IP, so I am hoping this will be good practice and preparation.
    Okay, you actually have a whack of questions! LOL. Here is my attempt:
    1) You're going away for a weekend so an extra pack is not going to matter in my opinion because you're missing out on the protein you would be having

2) there are threads about travelling OP so you can search those -- you'll have more luck if you go to "google" and search THERE than using the search feature here. 3FC search is brutal.

3) DON'T do chicken a la king unless you remember to cook it longer -- it is chunkier than the others and will be crunchy if not cooked longer.

4) I'd bring RTD shakes/puddings/drinks/bars if I could -- something fast and easy to grab and go. I tried to make a shake by pouring powder into a water bottle and that did NOT work FYI. Use your shaker LOL (trust me on that one)

5) You might get eggs there (depending on how strict) and ask for a fridge in your room if you do want to keep shakes colder etc. Never hurts to ask.

For travelling to Jamaica, there was good advice about what to/not to bring on carry on etc. so I hope someone remembers. They are getting so picky about plane travel, I'd hate for you to have to dump an RTD or get in trouble for "suspicious powders"...lol... I haven't travelled by plane so not sure how to help you on that one.
  • Quote: !!!!!!!!!!
    Quote: John Mayer and I are singin' to you tomorrow...get ready for it.. (maybe buy some earplugs!)

I don't officially know but I'm going with the amount of salt in olives. Just my guess.
    I'm beyond excited I'm trying to reel it in a bit because I don't want to be too disappointed, I usually "whoosh" on weekends so it seems likely, but it's still a full pound away to be 199.8 so it could take a couple days... I hope I'm not the only one on here who feels like a kid at Christmas right now. I'll probably wake up at 6 am just to weigh myself lol
  • Quote: I'm beyond excited I'm trying to reel it in a bit because I don't want to be too disappointed, I usually "whoosh" on weekends so it seems likely, but it's still a full pound away to be 199.8 so it could take a couple days... I hope I'm not the only one on here who feels like a kid at Christmas right now. I'll probably wake up at 6 am just to weigh myself lol
    Shoot I'd be excited too!!!!!

WHY am I SOOOO tired lately?! I get 8+ hours of sleep, I'm taking my vitamins....
  • I'm stressed about a number of things but have stayed on track. Tomorrow should be my second weigh in but my coach never got back to me.. I really liked her but the last time I went there were 3 people all coming in at the same time. This is a second type of job for her but if I'm paying this much for help, I want some attention or returned emails. I have enough knowledge to use alternatives but I thought staying with her for a while would help.
  • sarah- I'd be frustrated too. Maybe let her know that you have to be at work at a certain time (or whatever) and ask if there is a less busy time to come so that there isn't a line up... It may just have been a fluke. If you think a coach is helpful, give her another week or two. You know you can do this without help but I personally am more accountable when I have to go