3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily chat Tuesday 6/3/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296487-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-6-3-2014-a.html)

Slipfree 06-03-2014 06:12 PM

Pishposh, :woohoo: Onederland!

Chrztina 06-03-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5016561)
Work has been crazy lately and I often haven't been able to stop for lunch. I eat my crisps and one cup of celery at my desk but don't seem to get around to my salad/veggies. Sometimes I eat the veggies I the car on the way home but some days the drive is too short
My question is - should I cram all three remaining cups at dinner or just skip the cup I missed. I'm worried about too many carbs at once.

Have you tried Kale chips? If I'm low on vegetables I know I can down three cups of kale chips without thinking about it.

ChipnDip 06-03-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snickers70 (Post 5016191)
It is officially 1 week since I started my reboot. I have to say.. yesterday was extremely rough..I work in an environment that can be extremely boring with limited area to move around. I wanted to munch on carbs so badly, but managed to make it through the last 1 1/2 hrs of my shift by drinking water and doing squats. Lol Hopefully week 2 will get easier.. I think rebooting is harder than starting from scratch!!!
Positive note.. down 3.8 lbs

Many people say it is harder which is exactly why I am trying to stick to it. I also changed my mind about phasing off for summer because I think it will be hard to go back to phase 1 again. Gotta keep the momentum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore (Post 5016289)
Weighed myself this morning and have GAINED three pounds. I am 100% OP and drink more than the minimum amount of water. I am frustrated beyond belief. Used the same scale as always, first thing in the morning blah blah blah...if by eating less than 1000 calories a day, not enjoying my meals, depriving myself of the things I like, staying away from food related events because there's nothing I can have, refraining from the occasional glass of wine, not exercising, nor running because I'm too weak to do so etc...isn't going to cause me to shed weight then I'm out. Tomorrow is my official WI, it needs to be MUCH better than today!

Do you have a coach? They might have suggestions. You might need more calories. DH tried IP with alts and lost nothing. I think his body went into starvation mode and wouldn't give anything up. He quit because it wasn't worth feeling miserable. He never got into ketosis. Do you know if you are in ketosis?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsdeere (Post 5016300)
Anyone else feel that this weightloss is almost surreal, as if you never thought you would ever lose the weight or get down to your current size again? I stepped on the scale yesterday.....60lbs lost in almost 18 weeks. Blows my mind. I've ran into coworkers I haven't seen in a while and they have been happy to see me, or at least I thought it was but, they were just wowed by my transformation. I honestly forget that I appear different. It's funny because I still feel on the inside the same person. :)

I don't feel different either after losing 50 pounds. I totally forget how I felt the last time I got down to 160. I hardly remember putting the weight on over the course of 14 years. I don't have a conscious recollection of outgrowing my clothes. It's kind of weird. The lowest I was was 180 about 10 years ago. I'm hoping I make the mind shift this time

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangeron (Post 5016568)
This is my 8th week on IP. Anyone else having trouble with TOM? I'm not due to have one till next week but have been spotting everyday for the last week. I NEVER do that. I know hormones are released from the fat cells as you lose but does this sound ok?

I hadn't had TOM for four months before I started IP. THEN I HAD IT 3 times. I've had two normal cycles and now it's late again. I think I am perimenopausal so I just always stay prepared. I'm using an app called pink pad to help me keep track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrztina (Post 5016575)
Have you tried Kale chips? If I'm low on vegetables I know I can down three cups of kale chips without thinking about it.

I liked them the first time but not the second. I usually go for more celery or zucchini chips. And I skip my lettuce as I don't need the filler. I can't get too full or I can't fit my IP snack in.

IP43 06-03-2014 06:57 PM

Went to see my coach for first time in over a year+. I was glad to be able to buy the chips---yum! She couldn't sell me "individual packs" anymore for many of the things because she said IP is cracking down on that. Any boxes that don't have labelled info on individual packs she has to sell as a box. If the packets have the nutritional info on the silver, she can sell those individually. Not sure if this is true or just her way of selling boxes vs. individual packets BUT I thought it made a bit of sense.
She was great to not insist I buy a ton of stuff so I'm glad I'm going back for awhile -- at least while I stock pile some chips!:p

ChipnDip 06-03-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5016598)
Went to see my coach for first time in over a year+. I was glad to be able to buy the chips---yum! She couldn't sell me "individual packs" anymore for many of the things because she said IP is cracking down on that. Any boxes that don't have labelled info on individual packs she has to sell as a box. If the packets have the nutritional info on the silver, she can sell those individually. Not sure if this is true or just her way of selling boxes vs. individual packets BUT I thought it made a bit of sense.
She was great to not insist I buy a ton of stuff so I'm glad I'm going back for awhile -- at least while I stock pile some chips!:p

I did hear they were coming out with products meant for individual sale so I don't think she is lying. Doubt my clinic will get them.it is a very small clinic in a drs office and worried about too much inventory. So much so that there are times they don't have what I want since they are stuck with things that aren't selling! Very annoying. We also have a person that comes in once a month and almost clears out the shelves. I think she should have to preorder so there is stuff for the rest of us. I basically buy the same 4 things.

AmberLS 06-03-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangeron (Post 5016568)
This is my 8th week on IP. Anyone else having trouble with TOM? I'm not due to have one till next week but have been spotting everyday for the last week. I NEVER do that. I know hormones are released from the fat cells as you lose but does this sound ok?

My TOM was completely whacked for the first 2.5 months or more, I was spotting or having full TOM almost constantly. However it's been fine the past few weeks. Coach and doc said it's a good sign, fat stores hormone, losing fat means losing hormone.

Rayze 06-03-2014 07:56 PM

Low sodium soy sauce, yay or nay?

pishposhappelsauce 06-03-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5016570)
Pishposh, :woohoo: Onederland!

:) Thanks!

JLUS 06-03-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5016561)
Work has been crazy lately and I often haven't been able to stop for lunch. I eat my crisps and one cup of celery at my desk but don't seem to get around to my salad/veggies. Sometimes I eat the veggies I the car on the way home but some days the drive is too short
My question is - should I cram all three remaining cups at dinner or just skip the cup I missed. I'm worried about too many carbs at once.

It is not adviseable to have three cups at once as that could be a lot of carbs. Try doing what you mentioned - eat one cup with your lunch (at your desk) and the second in the afternoon or on the drive home. If you have eggs/omelet packet in the morning, try adding a half cup or so there or blend spinach into a shake.

ChipnDip 06-03-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5016642)
Low sodium soy sauce, yay or nay?

It is allowed.

ChipnDip 06-03-2014 08:38 PM

In all the worry about nit eating my lunch I just realized I totally screwed up! I had two cups of coleslaw that I measured out for a different meal along with my chili that already has a one cup equivalent of veggies so I am one cup over plus I ate my second lunch cup while I prepared dinner. No wonder I had such a hard time fitting it all in!

I think I will do syntrax Nector for my snack since it is 0 carb but I'll still get my protein.

I need to go back to writing down my food at the beginning of the day to prevent these mistakes.

JLUS 06-03-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairybell (Post 5016379)
In my second week of Wonderslim "core". Have not eaten out yet...so I looked at the menu of the restaurant we are going to and see some viable selections for a lean/green dinner. I am concerned I may break down and have a glass of wine - which I read can mess things up! Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. :cheers:

It really is a matter of preparing yourself ahead of time. You started by finding appropriate food on the menu. Be sure to ask for your meat to be prepared dry without oil, double veggies. I always look at all the veggies they have, even if they are on a different entree or on the specials menu and then tell them which two veggies I want (ask them to,prepare with no butter or sauce). Also ask what veggies are in the salad and have them omit what you can't have and double up in what you can. (Bring your dressing or ask for olive oil and lemon for dressing.) Since you will be asking very nicely and leaving a nice tip, the won,t mind at all. (You can always claim dairy allergies, gluten free etc if that makes you kore comfortable!)

Try bringing a flavor to squirt in your water... Or have a glass of club soda and add flavor while others have wine. Get some lemon or lime slices to pretty up your glass.

Wine is fruit and that means sugar so that can take you out of ketosis, setting you back 3-4 days. What is your daily cost for packets! About $12, so that means your glass of wine just cost you about $40-45 dollars!! To me, that is reason enough not to have any!

IP43 06-03-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 5016669)

....your wine just cost you about $40-45 dollars!! To me, that is reason enough not to have any!

Yep -- that would do it for me! Good "perspective" on the "price" of a glass of wine ;)

ChipnDip 06-03-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairybell (Post 5016379)
In my second week of Wonderslim "core". Have not eaten out yet...so I looked at the menu of the restaurant we are going to and see some viable selections for a lean/green dinner. I am concerned I may break down and have a glass of wine - which I read can mess things up! Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. :cheers:

What is wonderslim and how does it compare to IP? Can it be used as an alternative product?

readytolive 06-03-2014 09:49 PM

I hope everyone is having a great day/week! I'm a little overwhelmed at work but I'm still here every evening reading through the threads.

A coworker asked me yesterday how my "diet thing" is going and I told her it was going really well, I've lost 10 pounds, etc. And she says "yeah, I can see that your face isn't so puffy"... well, thank you? Today I could really tell through my midsection. Keep on getting rid of that weight!!! :D