3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily chat Tuesday 6/3/2014

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
snickers70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 100

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
WI today...officially in onederland! Trying to not let my rough night last night dampen the celebration. Saying byebye to 200s FOREVER!

I think I'm going to toss out my scale at home, it's also driving me crazy!
Congrats!!!!!!
__________________
snickers70 is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 835

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/177/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
My scale is nuts, I weighed yesterday, the first time I stood on it, it read 249.2, I was like, wth? no way! so I stepped back on it, didn't move it or anything and it read 242.2??????? I did not try again! LOL I accepted the 242 lol

Seriously though, I can't wait for my official weigh in on Friday. I am telling myself that it does not matter what the scale says, I FEEL better. My clothes are looser, my stomach doesn't bulge out over my pants anymore, and I FEEL better!!! (I know I already said that, but that's the most important part) right??

It's confusing though because at my last WI at the hospital (on 5/23) I weighed 255, but my home scale said 250. So if my home scale reads 249.2 that would mean I am really 254.2 and that just can't be correct! So anyway, my scale is back in the closet. I will WI on Friday w/my coach.

In the mean time, I am going to focus on how I feel and how my clothes are fitting.
The scale is a big area where we can allow ourselves to be driven crazy! The difference in what shows can be lots of things - between different scales, they are just calibrated to a different degree. They are no scientific instruments when we can buy them for about $20!

In regards to your own scale, I know mine wiggles weight wise a lot when the battery get old.

You got the point, though, of which we always need to remind ourselves - the weight number really IS immaterial. It is the fit of our clothes, the energy we have, the sunnier disposition, the healthier body, all which are the reasons for which we are on IP.

We just validate that with the numbers on the scale. I know I am as guilty of this as anyone so I remind myself to stay calm and philosophical.
__________________


schenectady is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
snickers70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 100

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Default

It is officially 1 week since I started my reboot. I have to say.. yesterday was extremely rough..I work in an environment that can be extremely boring with limited area to move around. I wanted to munch on carbs so badly, but managed to make it through the last 1 1/2 hrs of my shift by drinking water and doing squats. Lol Hopefully week 2 will get easier.. I think rebooting is harder than starting from scratch!!!
Positive note.. down 3.8 lbs
__________________
snickers70 is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 835

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/177/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
WI today...officially in onederland! Trying to not let my rough night last night dampen the celebration. Saying byebye to 200s FOREVER!

I think I'm going to toss out my scale at home, it's also driving me crazy!
What a great feeling, yes? It is like some huge boundary has been crossed, never to be crossed again. It is a step into the more 'normal' world, because any weight starting with a "1" sounds so much better than starting with a "2".

Hold on to that excitement and joy and let it carry you through the next few days and spur you onto greater things.
__________________


schenectady is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #20
Started IP May 2, 2014
 
jo4applerose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicago NW Suburb
Posts: 71

S/C/G: 219.8/196/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Ruth Ann Our Resident Smarty Pants : ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
If you upped your exercise level you may be dealing with water retention while your muscles repair themselves. Increased activity can cause muscle soreness and your body will hold onto water while those heal.
Ruth Ann....you are the best and it is so apparent why everyone here loves your kind and compassionate support. No chips on your shoulders...just Angels.

For a couple of days my weight increased significantly on the home scale...recently I added exercise to my regiment. I was a little confused because like you I follow the 100% club and wondered what was going on. Well today the scale is back to normal and it makes sense as my muscles must have been holding on to the fluids while adjusting to the workouts. : )) It will be an interesting WI tomorrow. : ))

Thank you for being our NUMBER ONE LOSER here....hahahahah

xoxoxo Joanne
jo4applerose is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #21
Member
 
GraceRev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 74

Default

Good morning, all!
Congrats, pishposhapplesauce, on your fabulous achievement! And with many days to spare before your vacation!!!!

I see that I am not alone in letting my scale drive me crazy instead of focusing on the things that really matter, like the overall downward trend, improved moods, and quality of life. It's a very hard thing to let go of. I am definitely a work in progress as far as that's concerned.
I weigh and measure with my coach on Thursday this week so I am going to try to stay away from my scale in the meantime. It's just two days!
GraceRev is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
jemma51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: high desert Ca.
Posts: 281

S/C/G: 197.4/173.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

week one of my re-start. Happy to say I lost 8.4 lbs. Yay me, I;m so happy

I have a question, last time I did IP I didn't really do the snacks. Instead I drank another RTD. It was a too limiting for me. This time I purchased some things from Nashua and some quest bars. So, my question after re reading the proticol. Can I have Proti thin Soy Snack and a Quest bar in one day. They are both non restricted. In other words
I have been only drinking one RTD shake a day, eating all my veggies and protein, then having some Soy snacks after work and a Quest Bar after dinner.
__________________


jemma51 is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #23
Started IP 5/16/14
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 329

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
It is officially 1 week since I started my reboot. I have to say.. yesterday was extremely rough..I work in an environment that can be extremely boring with limited area to move around. I wanted to munch on carbs so badly, but managed to make it through the last 1 1/2 hrs of my shift by drinking water and doing squats. Lol Hopefully week 2 will get easier.. I think rebooting is harder than starting from scratch!!!
Positive note.. down 3.8 lbs
3.8 lbs, awesome!!

I know what you mean about working in a boring environment. I have a desk job, that's part of the reason I have gained so much weight. For some reason I am more hungry when I am at work. Well I do realize that it's not true hunger! It's only 8:30 and I am ready for lunch! lol

Water is my new best friend!!
Kellyc14 is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
jemma51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: high desert Ca.
Posts: 281

S/C/G: 197.4/173.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Work is a killer for me too. I work in the high school cafeteria. I am surrounded by carbs galore. The smells of food cooking is torture. Thankfully I only have two days to go and then off for ten weeks.
__________________


jemma51 is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #25
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 324

S/C/G: 170/140.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
week one of my re-start. Happy to say I lost 8.4 lbs. Yay me, I;m so happy

I have a question, last time I did IP I didn't really do the snacks. Instead I drank another RTD. It was a too limiting for me. This time I purchased some things from Nashua and some quest bars. So, my question after re reading the proticol. Can I have Proti thin Soy Snack and a Quest bar in one day. They are both non restricted. In other words
I have been only drinking one RTD shake a day, eating all my veggies and protein, then having some Soy snacks after work and a Quest Bar after dinner.
I'm a HUGE quest bar fan and have read PAGES and PAGES of posts on them. From what i read, choc/pb and strawberry cheesecake are on the edge between restricted and non - the rest are restricted or non-compliant. I just treat all quest bars as restricted myself per advice on the forum.
__________________


"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt
evemomma is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #26
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,425

S/C/G: 257/135/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Congrats on all the good weigh-ins and decisions to not let the scale rule your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
WI today...officially in onederland! Trying to not let my rough night last night dampen the celebration. Saying byebye to 200s FOREVER!

I think I'm going to toss out my scale at home, it's also driving me crazy!
Hooray for you! Isn't it great to see a 1 as the first number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Ruth Ann....you are the best and it is so apparent why everyone here loves your kind and compassionate support. No chips on your shoulders...just Angels.

For a couple of days my weight increased significantly on the home scale...recently I added exercise to my regiment. I was a little confused because like you I follow the 100% club and wondered what was going on. Well today the scale is back to normal and it makes sense as my muscles must have been holding on to the fluids while adjusting to the workouts. : )) It will be an interesting WI tomorrow. : ))

Thank you for being our NUMBER ONE LOSER here....hahahahah

xoxoxo Joanne
Aw, thanks Joanne - you are so sweet!

So many things can cause scale fluctuations - that's one of the reasons the support here is so invaluable, someone is sure to have a suggestion or something we didn't even think of and it's so reassuring to know a reason (or at least get an idea of a reason). Among the bunch of us we can usually figure things out!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #27
Start date 05.21.2014
 
Julzfatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Seattle
Posts: 51

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Default

Weighed myself this morning and have GAINED three pounds. I am 100% OP and drink more than the minimum amount of water. I am frustrated beyond belief. Used the same scale as always, first thing in the morning blah blah blah...if by eating less than 1000 calories a day, not enjoying my meals, depriving myself of the things I like, staying away from food related events because there's nothing I can have, refraining from the occasional glass of wine, not exercising, nor running because I'm too weak to do so etc...isn't going to cause me to shed weight then I'm out. Tomorrow is my official WI, it needs to be MUCH better than today!

Last edited by Julzfatnomore : 06-03-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Julzfatnomore is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
murphypuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 181

S/C/G: 215/159.7/135

Height: 5'4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Weighed myself this morning and have GAINED three pounds. I am 100% OP and drink more than the minimum amount of water. I am frustrated beyond belief. Used the same scale as always, first thing in the morning blah blah blah...if by eating less than 1000 calories a day, not enjoying my meals, depriving myself of the things I like, staying away from food related events because there's nothing I can have, refraining from the occasional glass of wine, not exercising, nor running because I'm too weak to do so etc...isn't going to cause me to shed weight then I'm out. Tomorrow is my official WI, it needs to be MUCH better than today!
It happens. Some weeks the scale is more compliant than others. I had 3 weeks where I gained and lost the same 2 pounds and then one morning I lost 5.7 overnight. Stay strong - it will come off, more quickly than you think. Keep doing what you are doing and you will get results!
__________________
murphypuppy is offline  
Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #29
Welcoming the change
 
Johnsdeere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: S.E. WA
Posts: 120

S/C/G: 234/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Julyz.......sorry I can't be more delicate but, when was the last time you had a BM. The Big C can really keep the scale at a standstill. I'm sorry for the gain but, maybe this is the culpret?

Pishposh: Go you and oneland!! That is awesome!! Soooo exciting. Keep up the good work.

Anyone else feel that this weightloss is almost surreal, as if you never thought you would ever lose the weight or get down to your current size again? I stepped on the scale yesterday.....60lbs lost in almost 18 weeks. Blows my mind. I've ran into coworkers I haven't seen in a while and they have been happy to see me, or at least I thought it was but, they were just wowed by my transformation. I honestly forget that I appear different. It's funny because I still feel on the inside the same person.
__________________


Johnsdeere is online now  
Old 06-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 77

S/C/G: 221/178/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Weighed myself this morning and have GAINED three pounds. I am 100% OP and drink more than the minimum amount of water. I am frustrated beyond belief. Used the same scale as always, first thing in the morning blah blah blah...if by eating less than 1000 calories a day, not enjoying my meals, depriving myself of the things I like, staying away from food related events because there's nothing I can have, refraining from the occasional glass of wine, not exercising, nor running because I'm too weak to do so etc...isn't going to cause me to shed weight then I'm out. Tomorrow is my official WI, it needs to be MUCH better than today!
I'm having that kind of day too. It has happen before and I always feel better after I push through. Tomorrow will be better.
dangeron is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2