Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Anyone ever had Nashua send them the wrong thing? I ordered the Protidiet Chili Dinner and received Chili-Lime Soy Nuts instead. I was really craving the Chili too! I tried to call them but only received the all customer services representatives are busy and left a message.
I have had only great experiences with them. I am sure they will help you out though. Maybe a meaty chili recipe at home would do as a substitute for the meantime?
Old 06-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I am just home from 'the Low Carb Cruise' ... So inspirational, informative and fun. I am so glad and grateful to be on this journey!
I had no idea those existed. I would love that, although my husband (naturally thin) would die!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

What do you all use for tracking? I don't want to get in the habit of not writhing things down. Are there any good apps? I've been working a lot and I'm still dealing with a leftover cough from pneumonia. My stress level is just wToo high after going to the funeral home, but NSV I did it without food. I am thinking of trying mucinex today. Tried Claritin yesterday and that made me sleepy. Asthma/allergies here are awful! Hope you enjoy your Sunday, I made a cinnamon pancake this morning. My favorite of the past week and a half.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #49  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I have not had that happen with Nashua, but I HAVE had nothing but excellent customer service from them, so once you connect with them, I know they will take care of you.

Chili is a FAVORITE lunch for me. I don't follow the packet, but amp it up... I put the chili in a micro dish with the max suggested water and micro one min. stir, add a touch more water if thick as well as some Chipotle Tobasco and cook another min. I then sauté zucchini, celery, mushrooms, red/green peppers. I add the chili and add a little WF ketchup (I prefer my chili with a touch of sweetness) along with spices: chili and garlic powder, cumin, cayenne. Cook low for 5 mins or so, checking because it may need a little more water. I top with a few raw onions and it makes a HUGE, filling meal!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
I have had only great experiences with them. I am sure they will help you out though. Maybe a meaty chili recipe at home would do as a substitute for the meantime?
Thanks, you two! I went ahead and sent them a message through their website as it gets difficult for me to be on the phone during work hours which is when I'm sure they'll call me back. They've always been good to me so I'm not worried. Hopefully I'll hear back soon!

Also... yum JLUS! I planned on jazzing it up quite a bit. I'll definitely keep what you said in mind! I was planning on using some of my Kay's Natural protein chips as "fritos" to make a chili frito pie.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #50  

OK, I am slow to the party and JUST discovered the multi-quote button and how it works. Duh!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
NSV : I went to the gym today, second time this week. The victory was that I went alone. I do not do anything alone like that.
This is awesome! That takes a tremendous amount of courage and I am so proud of you! (I'm not sure proud is the exact word I want, but you know what I mean.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Weekends are harder than weekdays for me. I'm confident I will stay OP, there are more thoughts about deprivation. I'm moving forward, attitude is half the battle!
I really have to keep myself busy or distracted when I am like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
I'm home from the shower still OP. It was tougher than I thought. Really easy to start rationalizing: fruit, I mean it's healthy anyway right? That chicken barely has any breading, a piece won't hurt. But I know myself well enough to know that soon I would have talked myself right into a piece of cake, etc.
So, determination and will power have won the day lol
That sounds like a terrific day to me! You did it! You stayed on track and strengthened your resistance muscles!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Question about poop.
Having more lettuce helps me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
So, some friends and I were discussing my success on IP. Someone asked if I had suffered terribly during the first five days due to carb withdrawals and I replied that I'd been really lucky and hadn't really had any symptoms at all. This was the stage when everyone else around the table went quiet. And then they all started laughing. Apparently I was "grumpy and quite mean" during that first week and I almost got unfriended!!! And here was me thinking I was completely under control and on an even keel! Good to know that my wonderful friends stuck by me and were understanding enough to realize that it was just a stage.
That is so funny!!! Thanks for the reminder that I need to be up front with my husband about what may be headed his way during the next week or so.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheshoresarah View Post
What do you all use for tracking?
I wear a Body Media sensor and use their website to track my food. Congratulations on getting through that toughness without abusing food.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
What do you all use for tracking? I don't want to get in the habit of not writhing things down. Are there any good apps? I've been working a lot and I'm still dealing with a leftover cough from pneumonia. My stress level is just wToo high after going to the funeral home, but NSV I did it without food. I am thinking of trying mucinex today. Tried Claritin yesterday and that made me sleepy. Asthma/allergies here are awful! Hope you enjoy your Sunday, I made a cinnamon pancake this morning. My favorite of the past week and a half.
I use my fitness pal.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #53  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
OK, I am slow to the party and JUST discovered the multi-quote button and how it works. Duh!!!!

This is awesome! That takes a tremendous amount of courage and I am so proud of you! (I'm not sure proud is the exact word I want, but you know what I mean.)

Thank you Ill take proud lol
Old 06-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #54  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Thanks goodness it's June first! This month has to go better than the last!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #55  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
So, some friends and I were discussing my success on IP. ....Apparently I was "grumpy and quite mean" during that first week and I almost got unfriended!!! ...
This made me smile. You know you have good friends when they stick with you (although you may want to point out to them that wanting to ditch you after only 5 days seems a bit extreme! Tell them they owe you a salad lunch out)

Quote:
What do you all use for tracking?
I use My Fitness Pal and I set mine on the advice Lisa gave 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs, (someone tell me if I've mixed that up!) Mine is set at 1200 calories after I did all that, but I don't worry if there are calories left at the end of the day as we're not calorie counting -- however I think others' may be set at 1000 calories or less. I also have mine set to track carbs AND fibre so I can see what my net carb count is. I'm sure if you need "setting" help others can chime in. I like it because IP food is already in their data bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Thanks goodness it's June first! This month has to go better than the last!
Seems like a great "fresh start" At least all your courses and things are done. I hope things slow down/settle down for you a bit.

Last edited by IP43; 06-01-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #56  
Diane on track July 2014

Lost enough to put me under 220 -- bye bye "20s" -- I'll never see you again! (I don't ever plan to be 120 so the 20's) are gone 4 ever! LOL (see the happy face on my smiley as it waves! )
Old 06-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #57  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Quote:

If you take Musinex, definitely drink extra water! Feel better.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #58  
Diane on track July 2014

Do you have "Allegra" for allergies? It was recommended to me to use that one but I have claritin left so haven't bought new. Not sure if it's in the States or not - we usually but not always have the same stuff. -- oh, maybe it was "Aerius"...something with an A -- they said it was great and no sleepiness... guess it's not as helpful when I'm not sure which one! sry!LOL

Last edited by IP43; 06-01-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Rosieposie, your post made me laugh out loud!
Old 06-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I use my fitness pal.
I'm using MFP for tracking too but I hate their app - it doesn't pull up what I want, when I want it. I just wait til I get home and put it on my computer. I know some others like the app. But I'm not a great app person - never can find what I want from the sites they work with. I don't do data on my phone much at all, as I'm sure you can tell.

Liana
Closed Thread