Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I know that I have to stay out of the 90% thread because it messes with my head. If I see someone posting that they had a glass of wine and still lost weight, then I might be tempted to try that, it puts ideas in my head and I just don't need that. However, being OCD as I am, I can't stand to have an unread thread show up so I have to click on it. lol

I thought MIO was ok only in small quantities?
Hang out with us!

True, Mio just like any of the "extras" (sweeteners, WF servings, ETTC.) is meant to be limited. A good rule to follow is 5 "extras" per day. 5 servings... Whatever a serving is of each item.

I tend to like only a tiny bit of flavor in my water - just a hint. So I might add a little Mio or squirt of lemon and either way, it is usually less than a serving. But I typically only flavor some of my water during the day. The majority of it is plain.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #107  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

I did ask my coach about yellow zucchini today at WI. She said IP still considers it to be squash. The only permitted zucchini is green zucchini. She's strict on other things too - no Sparkling Ice (0/0/0) or carbonated water. No WF products, etc. The clinic owner (Dr.) is the regional director for IP, so she sticks to the Phase 1 sheet 100%.

I'm sure those items are safe, but I'm going to continue following her 100% policy. It's easy enough for me to avoid things that are not on the sheet and I really like her as a coach. I did eat the two yellow zucchini that were getting old in my fridge. No guilt about that!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #108  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrztina View Post
I did ask my coach about yellow zucchini today at WI. She said IP still considers it to be squash. The only permitted zucchini is green zucchini. She's strict on other things too - no Sparkling Ice (0/0/0) or carbonated water. No WF products, etc. The clinic owner (Dr.) is the regional director for IP, so she sticks to the Phase 1 sheet 100%.

I'm sure those items are safe, but I'm going to continue following her 100% policy. It's easy enough for me to avoid things that are not on the sheet and I really like her as a coach. I did eat the two yellow zucchini that were getting old in my fridge. No guilt about that!
Chrztina - you of course have to do what you are comfortable with. If it was me and knowing that green & yellow zucchini are pretty much identical I would eat the yellow if I wanted and lie in my food journal. Not suggesting you do that!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:51 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Hang out with us!

True, Mio just like any of the "extras" (sweeteners, WF servings, ETTC.) is meant to be limited. A good rule to follow is 5 "extras" per day. 5 servings... Whatever a serving is of each item.

I tend to like only a tiny bit of flavor in my water - just a hint. So I might add a little Mio or squirt of lemon and either way, it is usually less than a serving. But I typically only flavor some of my water during the day. The majority of it is plain.
I drink plain water while i'm at work all day. I just like a little something extra in my water while I'm cooking dinner. Usually a glass of soda water and a squirt of Mio (well two squirts) but i've been using lemon lately.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I know that I have to stay out of the 90% thread because it messes with my head. If I see someone posting that they had a glass of wine and still lost weight, then I might be tempted to try that, it puts ideas in my head and I just don't need that. However, being OCD as I am, I can't stand to have an unread thread show up so I have to click on it. lol
Under Forum Tools you can click "mark this forum read". Then it doesn't show up as unread.
And just because someone cheats and still loses weight, it might not show up for a few days or perhaps they would have lost more...I'm super insulin resistant. Can't take the chance when I'm on P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrztina View Post

interesting. My (former) coach is a region rep and sells WF products at her clinic. So many variations...
Also no rules about "green" zucchini being the only one (sheet doesn't say green - only zucchini). I'm not a big yellow fan anyway so was never an issue for me.

The clinic my friend went to had a no sparkling rule. She didn't use it while losing her 50 lbs.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #111  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

IP tv comments section said sparkling was fine but they gave two brands only. Perrier and one other that I can't remember.

My coach told me IP is coming out with their own maple syrup. Wonder if the price will be in line with WF?
Old 06-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Under Forum Tools you can click "mark this forum read". Then it doesn't show up as unread.
And just because someone cheats and still loses weight, it might not show up for a few days or perhaps they would have lost more...I'm super insulin resistant. Can't take the chance when I'm on P1

interesting. My (former) coach is a region rep and sells WF products at her clinic. So many variations...
Also no rules about "green" zucchini being the only one (sheet doesn't say green - only zucchini). I'm not a big yellow fan anyway so was never an issue for me.

The clinic my friend went to had a no sparkling rule. She didn't use it while losing her 50 lbs.
Good to know- I will mark the forum as read!!

I am going to give up the soda water- as soon as I Finnish the last bottle. I don't want to take any chances. And my coach told me yellow zucchini was ok- but again, why chance it? It's really not a big deal not to eat it.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I heard the maple syrup is $5.25 per bottle.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I heard the maple syrup is $5.25 per bottle.
I only like a few WFproducts but I LOVE their maple and blueberry syrups!! At $3.99 and often on sale for less, I will stick with WF!
Old 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #115  

Quote:
I only like a few WFproducts but I LOVE their maple and blueberry syrups!! At $3.99 and often on sale for less, I will stick with WF!
I've never tried the blueberry. That's next!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #116  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I'm not fond of most WF products but the maple syrup is super and I still use it!

And I hope tamila comes back. She has such a great attitude and is so committed - think she is a wonderful addition to the 100%ers!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I'm not fond of most WF products but the maple syrup is super and I still use it!

And I hope tamila comes back. She has such a great attitude and is so committed - think she is a wonderful addition to the 100%ers!
I think I love the syrups and not many other WF products because syrups are SUPPOSED to be sweet. I NEVER will understand why WF makes EVERYTHING so sweet.... Salad dressings might as well be pancake syrups. I suppose it is because that is the only way they can cover the chemically taste (which it really doesn't... Or maybe it's 100 times worse without it.) or maybe they think overweight people want everything they eat to taste like candy???

Last edited by JLUS; 06-08-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #118  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
I think I love the syrups and not many other WF products because syrups are SUPPOSED to be sweet. I NEVER will understand why WF makes EVERYTHING so sweet.... Salad dressings might as well be pancake syrups. I suppose it is because that is the only way they can cover the chemically taste (which it really doesn't... Or maybe it's 100 times worse without it.) or maybe they think overweight people want everything they eat to taste like candy???
That was my thought as well JLUS - I really don't need everything to be sweet. Easier to make my own salad dressings (although I do like the TI on the big mac in a bowl).
Old 06-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #119  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
I also love the blueberry syrup. I always thought maybe they were sweeter because they use splenda, which tastes sweeter than sugar and they don't really adjust the amounts accordingly. Also, like you said, have to cover up the chemical taste. For many of the WF products, it's not the sweetness, but the texture that gets me. The mayo and the bleu cheese...I guess any of the white products look like old broken down sun screen to me. It's awful lol.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #120  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

OMG - old broken down sunscreen! If I didn't see that before, I will now! I do like the Alfredo sauce -- it's too liquidy to be sunscreen. Give that a shot!
Closed Thread