Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
No question is stupid Kelly - I was wondering the same thing, thinking it would be "crunchy". I imagine that you add a splash of hot water to the coffee to make a "liquid". You could also use the DaVinci syrups for variations as they have Irish Cream etc.
... As the weather gets hotter, these shakes are like an ice cream treat. Soooo yummy!
I am the first to tell other people that, no question is stupid, but I do sometimes have stupid questions lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I just add the coffee granules. Between the shake and the ice and the whole grinding and whirling, there is no crunchiness. It was perfect!
Wonderful! I'll be trying that for breakfast!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #47  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

See? Aren't we both glad you asked? Pass me a java!!

Last edited by IP43; 06-02-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #48  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
I am happy to be back home after a weekend in San Antonio for a family celebration. Oh my goodness y'all, the things I resisted! I am very proud of myself for not eating anything off plan. I may not have gotten all of my veggies and water in, but it was still a HUGE victory for me to have traveled and held my own. I asked for what I needed when we ate out, even choosing a plate of nothing but romaine at a greasy-spoon type place that had NOTHING even remotely OP.
Got some exercise in while we did some sightseeing in the hot Texas sun, lol. Glad I had sunscreen.
I am relieved to be back to my normal routine and now I feel challenged to really keep OP. if I can do this well while traveling, I have no excuse to let myself fail while at home.
Congrats on getting through the trip! I know what you mean about being glad to be home - so much easier in our own place. Hope you had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
Thanks, everyone, for the support! Today is a new day. I still can't breathe very well but the rising sun on a new day brings hope! And my husband bought he a pedi awhile back that I never used so I need to find it and use it!!
There you go - get a pedi!

Quote:
So I snagged myself a nearly brand new Magic Bullet at a yard sale the other day. I have been experimenting and made myself the best thing ever this afternoon. (I was supposed to be having meat for lunch since I am on P2, but events not within my control sent me running into WalMart for celery sticks and a bar. Once I got home, I had a shake to try to get closer to a P2 amount of lunch protein. Anyway . . .)

Approximately 3/4 of an EAS Carb Control Vanilla shake
Ice to fill the large mug about 2/3 full
2 tsp instant coffee (don't judge me, I have come to like it!)
1 pkt Splenda
a bit less than 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Blend until smooth and icy. Oh my!! I might go back to P1 just so I can have these 3 times a day! (only kidding ) So good, though. So keep your eyes peeled for those Bullets at yard sales this summer . . . seems like the regular, non-shake-3xday-drinkers are over them already.

P.S. I've got my husband stopping to buy me ice on his way home tonight. My, how things change. I used to ask for wicked things like candy or chips . . . now there is nothing in the world I want more tonight than some ice! LOL
That sounds really good. Don't you love new gadgets?
Old 06-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #49  

Quote:
I just add the coffee granules. Between the shake and the ice and the whole grinding and whirling, there is no crunchiness. It was perfect!
Made one this morning...YUMMY!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Blech

Today is technically Day 8 for me, but I don't weigh in until tonight so I'm scraping the bottom of my introductory package. And having to eat the things I wasn't so sure I'd like. I tried to make what is going to become my regular chocolate smoothie with 1 cup of spinach blended in. I made it with banana pudding and WF chocolate syrup. I tasted the chocolate syrup itself and thought it was pretty good, but oh my gosh that smoothie was disgusting. Just in case anyone is tempted to try it - I recommend against it. Had the peach/mango drink instead. Wasn't my favorite, but MUCH better than the smoothie. At least I get to buy a bunch of food tonight I already know I like!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #51  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Today is technically Day 8 for me, but I don't weigh in until tonight so I'm scraping the bottom of my introductory package. And having to eat the things I wasn't so sure I'd like. I tried to make what is going to become my regular chocolate smoothie with 1 cup of spinach blended in. I made it with banana pudding and WF chocolate syrup. I tasted the chocolate syrup itself and thought it was pretty good, but oh my gosh that smoothie was disgusting. Just in case anyone is tempted to try it - I recommend against it. Had the peach/mango drink instead. Wasn't my favorite, but MUCH better than the smoothie. At least I get to buy a bunch of food tonight I already know I like!
The banana pudding always tasted really chemically (is that a word?) to me. The best way to have it I found was to make a chocolate/banana loaf - super yummy and filling!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 223/199/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
The banana pudding always tasted really chemically (is that a word?) to me. The best way to have it I found was to make a chocolate/banana loaf - super yummy and filling!
I felt the same way but about the lemon pudding, until I made it into lemon waffles, then it was edible enough that I could get through the packets I had left. So glad there are recipes that help make not so good packets turn into pretty decent food.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:18 AM   #53  

I use the banana or lemon to make my zucchini muffins. Don't like either one "on its own"

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-04-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:03 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole12 View Post
I felt the same way but about the lemon pudding, until I made it into lemon waffles, then it was edible enough that I could get through the packets I had left. So glad there are recipes that help make not so good packets turn into pretty decent food.
I know it may be in the recipes thread, but how did you make your loaf?
Old 06-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #55  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
I know it may be in the recipes thread, but how did you make your loaf?
Here you go. I added a couple of cups of zucchini to mine too.

CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray a mini-loaf pan with olive oil non-stick spray

In a bowl, mix the following:
1 packet Chocolate Drink Mix
1 packet Banana Pudding Mix
1 egg white and 1 whole egg
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
About an ounce of water – enough to bind it all together

Pour all contents into the mini loaf and bake for about 15 minutes.

I turned off the oven at the end of 15 minutes and let it cool that way – seems to not collapse as much.

Yields 2 non-restricted products.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #56  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Default Ding-ding-ding!!

Pals -- I HIT GOAL!

I just can't believe it. I was beginning to wonder if there would just never be a feeling of "done," but I got it this morning. Stepped on the scale after 2 weeks. Lots happened in that 2 weeks including vacation, graduation, and a bad cold. Down 5lbs (in 2 weeks). What a wonderful note to end on. I have now lost more than I currently weigh. That blows my mind.

I came downstairs and my husband and son thought my weigh in had gone badly since I was just sort of expressionless and stunned. ha-ha It took me a while to get the words out. I just can't believe it.

Ever since I was 14 years old, every birthday wish, every new year's resolution, every shooting star (unless we were trying to conceive) was about losing this weight. I've finally done it. I could shout for joy and sob uncontrollably all at the same time.

I will begin Phase 3 Saturday.

I want to thank all of you. From answering my questions to withholding "enabling," you have always given me what I needed when i needed it.

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 06-04-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Quote:
Pals -- I HIT GOAL!

I just can't believe it. I was beginning to wonder if there would just never be a feeling of "done," but I got it this morning. Stepped on the scale after 2 weeks. Lots happened in that 2 weeks including vacation, graduation, and a bad cold. Down 5lbs (in 2 weeks). What a wonderful note to end on. I have now lost more than I currently weigh. That blows my mind.

That's fabulous!!!!!!! Congrats to you!!!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #58  

Quote:
Pals -- I HIT GOAL!

I came downstairs and my husband and son thought my weigh in had gone badly since I was just sort of expressionless and stunned. ha-ha It took me a while to get the words out. I just can't believe it.

Ever since I was 14 years old, every birthday wish, every new year's resolution, every shooting star (unless we were trying to conceive) was about losing this weight. I've finally done it. I could shout for joy and sob uncontrollably all at the same time.

I want to thank all of you. From answering my questions to withholding "enabling," you have always given me what I needed when i needed it.

I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! What an awesome feeling!! I can not wait until I can say that I lost more than I weigh!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #59  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Pals -- I HIT GOAL!
Hooray SylviesGirl! I am so excited for you! You have worked so hard and are such an inspiration, so happy for you!
Old 06-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #60  

Quote:
Pals -- I HIT GOAL!

Cogratulations...what an awesome accomplishment!! You should be so proud of yourself!! Best Wishes as you phase into maintenance!

Last edited by NaeNae2113; 06-04-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Closed Thread