Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #31  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

tamila - so sorry to hear everything you are going through, sounds like a really terrible week!

Small comfort maybe, but when the world around you is chaotic and nerve-wracking having at least one thing under control can really feel good. What you are doing for yourself right now will benefit you and your family for the rest of your life. What a great gift to give them.

You sound like a very strong person with much compassion and determination - what a great combination. You should be so proud of yourself for staying OP through all this.

Please take time to be nice to yourself - take a long bath, read a book, do your nails. Just something to pamper you for a bit - you deserve it!

Hang in there and know we are all here rooting for you!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #32  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
Oh, and the good part: after completing day 6 yesterday I was down 16 pounds on the scale this morning.
And hooray for you!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #33  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

tamila - Ruth has great advice as always. I think her advice to focus on the only thing you CAN change and CAN control will help you immensely. We're all here if you need to vent or need a hug. Stress can affect your weight loss, and despite all that you went through, look at the amazing results you got! That's something to celebrate
Old 06-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

It hasn't been a perfect on plan day, but I am posting here in order to do something other than go to the kitchen right now. So far, so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
I walked away, got myself a large club soda with mint and lime and concentrated on the social aspect which meant that I didn't obsess over the fact that I wasn't eating. And a couple of extra hours without food did not kill me. This was a big moment for me and I consider it my NSV of the week.
This is awesome! I am so happy for you! You are a strong woman!

Quote:
Today I am now super sick, we have an incredibly stressful situation dealing with a form of abuse (not legally binding) and how to love others who gave been hurt. And how we are hurting.
Wow! Just wow! On top of all of that chaos you have stayed on plan and lost 16 POUNDS in 6 days!! You are so strong. You will make it through this tough time and be so glad when you look back knowing you stuck to the plan!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:08 AM   #35  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Hoping for an easier day today. Yesterday was a struggle.i had a couple extra egg whites in the morning, my snack almost right after lunch and contemplated a fourth pack in the evening but I wanted another restricted so decided it wasn't really hunger calling. Had a double cup of peppermint tea instead. Weekends are challenging sometimes.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #36  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
It hasn't been a perfect on plan day, but I am posting here in order to do something other than go to the kitchen right now. So far, so good!
Distracting yourself is always a good idea! Doing anything to get your mind off food, especially when you really don't need to eat but rather just want to eat is a good coping technique. And, of course, if all else fails - go to bed early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Hoping for an easier day today. Yesterday was a struggle.i had a couple extra egg whites in the morning, my snack almost right after lunch and contemplated a fourth pack in the evening but I wanted another restricted so decided it wasn't really hunger calling. Had a double cup of peppermint tea instead. Weekends are challenging sometimes.
Weekends are tough sometimes. I think less structure makes it harder along with all the stuff we end up having to do on the weekends. Good for you for recognizing you weren't really hungry - the lettuce test always works for me. Am I hungry enough that a bowl of lettuce sounds good? If not, I'm not really hungry.

I really believe that one of the benefits of IP is that it teaches us to recognize that we eat many times not because we're hungry but because it's something we've always done when we're bored or happy or watching TV or... you get the idea!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I just need to chime in. I started IP last Monday. My husband, who only travels twice a year, was in Nashville. My 19 month old daughter got super sick--as in scary, might need to admit to a hospital sick. After a last minute doctor visit, a chest X-ray (I can't even handle thinking about that medical bill), plus just crazy stress of being alone with her and my son (who is 3, AMAZING, but nonverbal autistic and hard to take places) at the hospital, I was spent. All of that on day 3, when the Keto Flu was literally like having a horrible flu bug. I craved a Starbucks mocha like nobody's business. My favorite comfort in stress.

Today I am now super sick, we have an incredibly stressful situation dealing with a form of abuse (not legally binding) and how to love others who gave been hurt. And how we are hurting.

Plus, we really went super out if our way to love and help take of someone who we now know was not only using us but lied to us, lied about us to others, and who left us in a really hard position by just abandoning a commitment they had made to us.

It is all SO hard. And I just keep praying, "Ok, Jesus. You knew that one of the hardest, most painful, most unsettling weeks I have had in a decade would come at the same time I can find no comfort or release in food. No escape from having to make dinner and shop and do all of my normal tasks when I want to just get lost in my phone or TV or SOMETHING. Help me to stick with this. To believe that my life, avoiding diabetes [i am diagnosed highly insulin resistant] is about this choice right now to turn to you, to trust you as my comfort."

Guys, I am barely hanging on. I am leaning into transparency. I am not going to quit or cheat. I don't *really* want to. 90% to finally get this weight off, now that I finally have answers to why I haven't been able to. But 10% because no mocha is worth going through Keto flu again.

But I just needed to share this somewhere with people who understand. As I eat my cauliflower fried rice and asparagus
Tamila, I hope things start looking up for you soon! I know someone else already posted to pamper yourself a little bit, but I thought I'd give you some suggestions. I've been desperately in need of a massage for a month or so now, so I told myself if I was 100% OP my first week I could get one. Today is day 7, so I'm calling tomorrow to schedule it! I might should have started smaller, like a pedicure, but I'll give myself that after week 2.

Try to think of things like that - pedicure, manicure, massage, haircut, etc. if you like those kinds of things. If money is tight, see if you have a friend who could watch the kids for an hour while you take a bubble bath or a nice long walk in the park. Sometimes even a few minutes of relaxation can really help relieve stress. When everything else is crazy, don't forget to take care of you!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #38  

I am happy to be back home after a weekend in San Antonio for a family celebration. Oh my goodness y'all, the things I resisted! I am very proud of myself for not eating anything off plan. I may not have gotten all of my veggies and water in, but it was still a HUGE victory for me to have traveled and held my own. I asked for what I needed when we ate out, even choosing a plate of nothing but romaine at a greasy-spoon type place that had NOTHING even remotely OP.
Got some exercise in while we did some sightseeing in the hot Texas sun, lol. Glad I had sunscreen.
I am relieved to be back to my normal routine and now I feel challenged to really keep OP. if I can do this well while traveling, I have no excuse to let myself fail while at home.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, everyone, for the support! Today is a new day. I still can't breathe very well but the rising sun on a new day brings hope! And my husband bought he a pedi awhile back that I never used so I need to find it and use it!!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #40  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
I am happy to be back home after a weekend in San Antonio for a family celebration. Oh my goodness y'all, the things I resisted! I am very proud of myself for not eating anything off plan. I may not have gotten all of my veggies and water in, but it was still a HUGE victory for me to have traveled and held my own. I asked for what I needed when we ate out, even choosing a plate of nothing but romaine at a greasy-spoon type place that had NOTHING even remotely OP.
Got some exercise in while we did some sightseeing in the hot Texas sun, lol. Glad I had sunscreen.
I am relieved to be back to my normal routine and now I feel challenged to really keep OP. if I can do this well while traveling, I have no excuse to let myself fail while at home.
I think ordering a plate of plain romaine at a greasy spoon earns you special IP stripes or something. Well done! You are going to be a champ at this. You have just shown yourself that you can do IP in any setting.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #41  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Thanks, everyone, for the support! Today is a new day. I still can't breathe very well but the rising sun on a new day brings hope! And my husband bought he a pedi awhile back that I never used so I need to find it and use it!!
I just wanted to stop and give you a (((hug))). So much going on. I hope your daughter is feeling better now and that all the other things settle down and smooth out.

I like what RuthAnn said about IP perhaps giving you the chance to have control over something and to feel some empowerment. Also, once things settle back down and you emerge still on program, you are going to feel so strong, and you will have the knowledge that you can do this . . . no matter what. Hang in there. It sounds like you're doing just great.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #42  
Started IP 2/13/13

So I snagged myself a nearly brand new Magic Bullet at a yard sale the other day. I have been experimenting and made myself the best thing ever this afternoon. (I was supposed to be having meat for lunch since I am on P2, but events not within my control sent me running into WalMart for celery sticks and a bar. Once I got home, I had a shake to try to get closer to a P2 amount of lunch protein. Anyway . . .)

Approximately 3/4 of an EAS Carb Control Vanilla shake
Ice to fill the large mug about 2/3 full
2 tsp instant coffee (don't judge me, I have come to like it!)
1 pkt Splenda
a bit less than 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Blend until smooth and icy. Oh my!! I might go back to P1 just so I can have these 3 times a day! (only kidding ) So good, though. So keep your eyes peeled for those Bullets at yard sales this summer . . . seems like the regular, non-shake-3xday-drinkers are over them already.

P.S. I've got my husband stopping to buy me ice on his way home tonight. My, how things change. I used to ask for wicked things like candy or chips . . . now there is nothing in the world I want more tonight than some ice! LOL

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 06-02-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
So I snagged myself a nearly brand new Magic Bullet at a yard sale the other day. I have been experimenting and made myself the best thing ever this afternoon. (I was supposed to be having meat for lunch since I am on P2, but events not within my control sent me running into WalMart for celery sticks and a bar. Once I got home, I had a shake to try to get closer to a P2 amount of lunch protein. Anyway . . .)

Approximately 3/4 of an EAS Carb Control Vanilla shake
Ice to fill the large mug about 2/3 full
2 tsp instant coffee (don't judge me, I have come to like it!)
1 pkt Splenda
a bit less than 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Blend until smooth and icy. Oh my!! I might go back to P1 just so I can have these 3 times a day! (only kidding ) So good, though. So keep your eyes peeled for those Bullets at yard sales this summer . . . seems like the regular, non-shake-3xday-drinkers are over them already.

P.S. I've got my husband stopping to buy me ice on his way home tonight. My, how things change. I used to ask for wicked things like candy or chips . . . now there is nothing in the world I want more tonight than some ice! LOL
Stupid question- you don't have to "cook" the coffee first? I've bee making a cup of instant coffee- heating it up and putting in blender with eas carb control...but I can just add the coffee??
Old 06-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #44  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

No question is stupid Kelly - I was wondering the same thing, thinking it would be "crunchy". I imagine that you add a splash of hot water to the coffee to make a "liquid". You could also use the DaVinci syrups for variations as they have Irish Cream etc.
... As the weather gets hotter, these shakes are like an ice cream treat. Soooo yummy!
Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #45  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Stupid question- you don't have to "cook" the coffee first? I've bee making a cup of instant coffee- heating it up and putting in blender with eas carb control...but I can just add the coffee??
I just add the coffee granules. Between the shake and the ice and the whole grinding and whirling, there is no crunchiness. It was perfect!
Closed Thread