Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 11:01 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I've been doing very well on IP! Better than I thought I might. Part of that is because of my thyroid issues so I cannot say how happy I am that I'm losing. I went yesterday for some more blood work to check my levels. All I know is that I'm feeling rested and more energized than I have in a long time.

I feel like I have so much more determination this time than I did in the past. I'm mixing it up so much with different foods which is where I think I went wrong last time. I didn't have enough variety or enough bar/snack options. Though part of that is because gluten free alternative IP items were not all that easy to find. Long story short, I have a huge box of "protein chips" to grab from and 7 boxes of three different kind of bars if I want them. They are all restricted, so I'm trying to only have them when I really, really want them.

Yesterday I worked, got off early, did some blood work, went shopping, came home and relaxed a little... then cleaned most of the living room. I'm telling you, deep cleaning! My mother walked in and asked who had replaced her daughter, lol! So much energy, I love it. Unfortunately, TOM is here which means I'll be very crampy and soon wanting all the salty / sweet things. That's okay, I have dill pickles and a chocolate covered peanut crunch bar!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Weird
I replied to this and it's not here

I said something to the effect that determination was the name of the fame for the first 10 months I awa OP. My thyroid problems developed as a results IP. and I quit gluten/soy about 5 months in.

I've always found variety to be a huge factor and very motivating to be able to plan the variety,

You are rocking this!
Old 05-31-2014, 11:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Weird

I said something to the effect that determination was the name of the fame for the first 10 months I awa OP. My thyroid problems developed as a results IP. and I quit gluten/soy about 5 months in.

I've always found variety to be a huge factor and very motivating to be able to plan the variety,

You are rocking this!
I'm curious, how did IP make you develop thyroid problems? Should I be concerned?
Old 05-31-2014, 11:24 PM   #18  

Height: 5 '6

I'm on a vitamin program (clinical study) monitored by a nature path.... I started IP in September and when I had annual blood work done in March my thyroid numbers were a lot better than the previous year.... the nature path said she hadn't seen anyone's numbers improve that much... not sure why, but I do take Selenium (among other things) to support my thyroid... So IP didn't seem to affect my thyroid at all...

Last edited by Hiker88; 05-31-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I'm curious, how did IP make you develop thyroid problems? Should I be concerned?
Low carb low cal diets can be VERY hard in thyroid. Had I known that, I would have had more careful monitoring throughout my time on IP P1. I may choose a clinic at a Dr office that does blood work in conjunction with IP to lose the last of my weight. I know there is at least one near me.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #20  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Cut and pasted from the old thread: Lisa's book list from her phone (so I can find it later!)... I'm still on the "spiral notebook in the purse"...sigh

Brain over binge
Beck diet solution
refuse to regain
state of thin
Accidentally overweight
never going back: Al Roker
Secrets of a Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney
The end of overeating

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Weird

You are rocking this!
readytolive: 1 2nd Lisa, you ARE rocking this! I love that you know TOM may be an issue food-wise and have a plan already for dealing with it. Totally awesome!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #21  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I've been doing very well on IP! Better than I thought I might. Part of that is because of my thyroid issues so I cannot say how happy I am that I'm losing. I went yesterday for some more blood work to check my levels. All I know is that I'm feeling rested and more energized than I have in a long time.

I feel like I have so much more determination this time than I did in the past. I'm mixing it up so much with different foods which is where I think I went wrong last time. I didn't have enough variety or enough bar/snack options. Though part of that is because gluten free alternative IP items were not all that easy to find. Long story short, I have a huge box of "protein chips" to grab from and 7 boxes of three different kind of bars if I want them. They are all restricted, so I'm trying to only have them when I really, really want them.

Yesterday I worked, got off early, did some blood work, went shopping, came home and relaxed a little... then cleaned most of the living room. I'm telling you, deep cleaning! My mother walked in and asked who had replaced her daughter, lol! So much energy, I love it. Unfortunately, TOM is here which means I'll be very crampy and soon wanting all the salty / sweet things. That's okay, I have dill pickles and a chocolate covered peanut crunch bar!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
It was a joy to read this this morning. You are doing so well, and you have everything in place, most importantly, your mind and attitude. Well done, girl! As far as the thyroid issues, I know it is a bummer to have a bum thyroid. I do, too. My endocrin says mine is nearly completely dead and there is really nothing I can do to recover it. I take my medication faithfully and (resentfully) go in for my yearly check. I have lost 120#, dragging this thyroid the whole way. You can do it, too. I'm excited to watch you succeed.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I've been doing very well on IP! Better than I thought I might.
This is great to read! Congrats!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I have lost 120#, dragging this thyroid the whole way.
That provided a fantastic image of you hauling it around in a potato sack or something...
Old 06-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #24  

Yesterday was greatly improved over previous days, but I am not up to 100% yet. I am committed to getting there, though, and made great on plan breakfast choices this morning.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #25  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

I went to a work function last night and I was woefully unprepared. I should really have planned a bit better but the start time of 5pm threw me out of whack. There was very little available that was OP. The good news is that instead of thinking 'oh well, I may as well go to town on the food as this is not my fault', I walked away, got myself a large club soda with mint and lime and concentrated on the social aspect which meant that I didn't obsess over the fact that I wasn't eating. And a couple of extra hours without food did not kill me. This was a big moment for me and I consider it my NSV of the week.

The big take away from this is to be better prepared next time! But even if I'm not, I feel that I'm on track for maintenance as I have discovered that I DO have the self control to say no to delicious foods when I'm hungry because they don't fit in with my healthy living plan.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #26  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
I went to a work function last night and I was woefully unprepared. I should really have planned a bit better but the start time of 5pm threw me out of whack. There was very little available that was OP. The good news is that instead of thinking 'oh well, I may as well go to town on the food as this is not my fault', I walked away, got myself a large club soda with mint and lime and concentrated on the social aspect which meant that I didn't obsess over the fact that I wasn't eating. And a couple of extra hours without food did not kill me. This was a big moment for me and I consider it my NSV of the week.

The big take away from this is to be better prepared next time! But even if I'm not, I feel that I'm on track for maintenance as I have discovered that I DO have the self control to say no to delicious foods when I'm hungry because they don't fit in with my healthy living plan.
Well done, RosiePosie!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post

This is so great. You know how many people would have given up? I loved your statement that a couple extra hours without food did not kill you. And yes, I learned early-on that you just cannot ever be overprepared
Old 06-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #28  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm taking the "prepared" advice to heart and trying some new recipes for tomorrow. Trying to make "cauliflower pizza crust".... I have a feeling, like my "zuchinni chips" that it will take me several batches to get these right! LOL
Old 06-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

I just need to chime in. I started IP last Monday. My husband, who only travels twice a year, was in Nashville. My 19 month old daughter got super sick--as in scary, might need to admit to a hospital sick. After a last minute doctor visit, a chest X-ray (I can't even handle thinking about that medical bill), plus just crazy stress of being alone with her and my son (who is 3, AMAZING, but nonverbal autistic and hard to take places) at the hospital, I was spent. All of that on day 3, when the Keto Flu was literally like having a horrible flu bug. I craved a Starbucks mocha like nobody's business. My favorite comfort in stress.

Today I am now super sick, we have an incredibly stressful situation dealing with a form of abuse (not legally binding) and how to love others who gave been hurt. And how we are hurting.

Plus, we really went super out if our way to love and help take of someone who we now know was not only using us but lied to us, lied about us to others, and who left us in a really hard position by just abandoning a commitment they had made to us.

It is all SO hard. And I just keep praying, "Ok, Jesus. You knew that one of the hardest, most painful, most unsettling weeks I have had in a decade would come at the same time I can find no comfort or release in food. No escape from having to make dinner and shop and do all of my normal tasks when I want to just get lost in my phone or TV or SOMETHING. Help me to stick with this. To believe that my life, avoiding diabetes [i am diagnosed highly insulin resistant] is about this choice right now to turn to you, to trust you as my comfort."

Guys, I am barely hanging on. I am leaning into transparency. I am not going to quit or cheat. I don't *really* want to. 90% to finally get this weight off, now that I finally have answers to why I haven't been able to. But 10% because no mocha is worth going through Keto flu again.

But I just needed to share this somewhere with people who understand. As I eat my cauliflower fried rice and asparagus
Old 06-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

Oh, and the good part: after completing day 6 yesterday I was down 16 pounds on the scale this morning.
Closed Thread