3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296353-home-100%25-no-cheat-zone-volume-33-a.html)

readytolive 06-08-2014 10:58 AM

I have a real issue with taking a sip of water after using the WF pancake syrup - it really gives me that chemical taste big time. Anyone else? I'm okay if I don't drink while I eat, but if so, oh buddy. I wish I liked it more, but maybe it will grow on me...

pishposhappelsauce 06-08-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5019650)
OMG - old broken down sunscreen! If I didn't see that before, I will now! I do like the Alfredo sauce -- it's too liquidy to be sunscreen. Give that a shot! :)

Haha, sorry, hope I didn't ruin anything for you! ;) I'll give the Alfredo a try.

IP43 06-08-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 5019652)
I have a real issue with taking a sip of water after using the WF pancake syrup - it really gives me that chemical taste big time. Anyone else? I'm okay if I don't drink while I eat, but if so, oh buddy. I wish I liked it more, but maybe it will grow on me...

Some company and I were just discussing the pros and cons of drinking water while eating. We are supposed to drink lots on this plan, but the flip side is that drinking while eating dilutes your stomach acids and actually makes it harder to digest your food properly apparently. This was an intriguing idea to me and makes sense. SO just in case, and to solve your taste problem, don't drink while eating? :)

64peppergirl 06-08-2014 11:05 AM

Okay, my tastes have definitely changed over the course of this diet. I LOVE my WF products. I use most of them actually, although I do doctor them up a bit once in a while. I'm just so thankful they are available to help with my meal creations.
About last month I discovered a new WF salad dressing and fell in love. When I asked two different people to taste how good it was, they about gagged. I guess that's why I'm in this place trying to lose weight because I just love to eat anything that gets in my path. LOL

IP43 06-08-2014 01:01 PM

Roasted garlic cabbage? That is sounding delish! I'm not a cabbage eater but may pick up some next trip to town...
Perhaps even some IP cabbage rolls with the turkey patty stuff....hmmm..... I have some WF tomato sauce that I need to figure out how to make into something yummy...

Ruth Ann 06-08-2014 08:31 PM

My tastes changed, but I still couldn't get through most of the WF products. I gave up on them. But some of the IP packs i didn't like I ended up really enjoying later. Funny how that happens.

I just got cabbage today because I was craving roasted garlic cabbage - yum!

Schenectady - you enjoying the weather? So gorgeous out right now!

tamila 06-09-2014 03:39 AM

What's your guys' roasted garlic cabbage recipe?

tamila 06-09-2014 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5019556)
I'm not fond of most WF products but the maple syrup is super and I still use it!

And I hope tamila comes back. She has such a great attitude and is so committed - think she is a wonderful addition to the 100%ers!

Oh sorry! I just didn't have anything to add to the WF convo :) I'm finding myself kind of hating them, and maybe later I'll get inventive with my IP packets but tomorrow is the start of week 3 and I'm still liking them ok. We'll see how I feel in week 30!

Ruth Ann 06-09-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamila (Post 5020020)
What's your guys' roasted garlic cabbage recipe?

I just cut the cabbage in about 1 inch "steaks", spray olive oil on a pan (I cheat and line it with foil first because I'm lazy), add either minced or powdered garlic (sometimes some fennel or oregano too), spray the top and bake at 425 for about 22 minutes - so delicious.

IP43 06-09-2014 07:06 AM

mmmm....glad tamila asked because that wasn't what I was going to do-- but now am... that just sounds delish! I still think I'll do some ground chicken or something with it. Sounds less work than cabbage rolls! :)

Ruth Ann 06-09-2014 07:20 AM

I love cabbage rolls IP43 but we only have them if dh makes them. I am an impatient cook and doing all the rolling, etc. irritates me. Dh on the other hand, enjoys doing stuff like that - a remnant of his cooking days I'm sure.

lisa32989 06-09-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5020050)
I just cut the cabbage in about 1 inch "steaks", spray olive oil on a pan (I cheat and line it with foil first because I'm lazy), add either minced or powdered garlic (sometimes some fennel or oregano too), spray the top and bake at 425 for about 22 minutes - so delicious.

What's lazy about that?
Parchment is my friend. I line my cookie sheets with it ALL THE TIME

For my roasted cabbage, I spritz with garlic infused EVOO & then just season with salt/pepper.
Never thought about oregano. And fennel...not in my kitchen. My dislike list is very short, but fennel is on it.

Ruth Ann 06-09-2014 07:38 AM

You have a point Lisa. I should have said "line it with foil to save my dh the time of washing the crusty parts off the pan"!

I don't use fennel often but it's a handy thing to have around. And thanks for reminding me - I forgot to say put salt and pepper on it. Must be early.

Ruth Ann 06-09-2014 02:24 PM

Hooray Schenectady! That is so wonderful - you must be dancing with joy!

And I love the builder's comment - stuff like that can keep me going for days!

So happy for you!

readytolive 06-09-2014 06:02 PM

I've been struggling a little with me being at my highest weight ever. Well, I'm not at it anymore (yay!), but it is really hard to think I'm losing weight! I can see it! The scale is going down! But still be over 300 pounds. I know I'm on my way down and I'll no longer see a 3 in front of my weight, but it is difficult mentally/emotionally.

I don't remember ever being under 200 pounds. I've never had that; I'm not sure what the heck I'll look like once I get under 235-240.

It's a journey, I know, and I can do it - I will do it - but it has been hard to wrap my mind around that lately.

Btw, I'm glad to have you 100%ers. Last time I did IP, I would've been in the 90% but I want this weight GONE and I'm committing myself to staying 100% - there is no option. Long story short and I won't say what prompted it, I'm thankful for all of you.