Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #466  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks a bunch, Ruth Ann - I have read so many of your posts on this forum, esp in this thread and you set such a great example for all of us. I am wanna do what you have done!!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Feeling ok at the end of day 2. Hubby and I are about to put our children to bed and then we will eat. I've been on plan today as well. I'm REALLY hungry and tired tonight. Do you all weigh yourselves daily or wait to go see your coach weekly?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #468  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I wait to weigh when I see my coach weekly. I'll probably get on the scale more at my house when I get closer to goal. A week is a good time to see results and I know I will beat myself up if I'm daily on the scale. That's just my personal preference.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #469  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Thanks a bunch, Ruth Ann - I have read so many of your posts on this forum, esp in this thread and you set such a great example for all of us. I am wanna do what you have done!!
Aw, thanks! And hang in there - I never thought I could do it but every time I was tempted to go off plan I'd think about how far I'd already come (one of the good things about seeing quick results) and decide I didn't want to have to do it all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post
Hi everyone! Feeling ok at the end of day 2. Hubby and I are about to put our children to bed and then we will eat. I've been on plan today as well. I'm REALLY hungry and tired tonight. Do you all weigh yourselves daily or wait to go see your coach weekly?
Hope you are feeling better! The first few days are really hard but it gets so much better.

I weigh daily and always have (except when the scale was broken!) but only really count the weigh in with my coach (I see her every other week right now). I never got bothered by the small fluctuations during the week - even if it said I was up a pound or so I knew I hadn't eaten enough to actually gain weight. I've seen people do it both ways - only weekly and daily. If the daily numbers are too much for you then don't do it - every one is different and it's funny how we can get so fixated on a certain number.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #470  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I weigh daily and use a site to track it. My weight grapher is what I think it's called. But for 3fc, I only update my ticker based on my weekly weigh in with the coach. I like to weigh daily as I think it's a good habit to get into for maintenance, however you have to be able to 'let it go' when it goes up. Because the site has a great graph, I can see how TOM affects my weight. I've discovered that a week before, my weight will go up by between 1-2lbs and it will generally go down again by the time I'm on day 2 or 3.

All the best for your journey on IP. It does get easier once you are through the first four days or so. Hang in there!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #471  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I don't weigh every day. I do once per week. I find the daily weigh ins are too much of an emotional roller coaster for me. That said, if my weekly WI was "off" for some reason, high for no reason or something, I would weigh again a day or two later because I didn't want to have to walk around with that first number all week. You'll find what works best for you pretty quick.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #472  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default Modification

Chime in here all.

There is no question that IP is a commitment in all aspects. One of which is financial. Now, I am surrendering to the protocol but budget wise only have so much to surrender.

Because of my weight at the start 295, I was on 5 packets a day (140/week). Ouch, but did this religiously for two weeks. Then as I started studying nutrition panels and learning more about proteins, I switched myself to 4 IPs/1 Alt to lessen the financial burden.

Now I am down to 267. 30lbs in almost 7 weeks. So undeniably, what I am doing IS working.

Is this cheating? Is this not 100%?

Now that I am down to the 260's. I am planning to reduce to 4 packets a day. 3 IP's/ 1 Alt. Financially, this will be something I can continue over several more months. Otherwise, I wouldn't and would have to go full ALT but not ready for that. Need the structure of the IP program.

Now my coach (who has been close to non existent) is very gun ho on sticking to the protocol 100% and I get it. She believes in it, as do i now, but it is also a business for her and she gains by the amount of packets I buy.

Am I slowly sabotaging myself by adapting the protocol for financial stability or am I on the right track? Is there anyone else out there who has mixed IP/ALT for these reasons and continues to have success?
Old 07-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Chime in here all.

There is no question that IP is a commitment in all aspects. One of which is financial. Now, I am surrendering to the protocol but budget wise only have so much to surrender.

Because of my weight at the start 295, I was on 5 packets a day (140/week). Ouch, but did this religiously for two weeks. Then as I started studying nutrition panels and learning more about proteins, I switched myself to 4 IPs/1 Alt to lessen the financial burden.

Now I am down to 267. 30lbs in almost 7 weeks. So undeniably, what I am doing IS working.

Now that I am down to the 260's. I am planning to reduce to 4 packets a day. 3 IP's/ 1 Alt. Financially, this will be something I can continue over several more months. Otherwise, I wouldn't and would have to go full ALT but not ready for that. Need the structure of the IP program.

Now my coach (who has been close to non existent) is very gun ho on sticking to the protocol 100% and I get it. She believes in it, as do i now, but it is also a business for her and she gains by the amount of packets I buy.

Am I slowly sabotaging myself by adapting the protocol for financial stability or am I on the right track? Is there anyone else out there who has mixed IP/ALT for these reasons and continues to have success?
I have been doing a mix of alts and IP since the beginning of July. I am still loosing at a steady rate. I was concerned about that too. I feel that you're at 100% OP as long as you're following protocol. It doesn't matter whose protein packs you're using to get there. Once I run out of the IP packs I have on hand, it will be all Alts. and I'm not worried. There are plenty of folks here who only did Alts. and their losses are no different than those that only did IP.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #474  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:
Chime in here all.

Go for it. Finding ways to stay OP will always count as 100%. Using your own judgment as far as what you can afford and what you need to remain OP are all life-skills that will get you -- and keep you -- to your goal weight. No shame in any of that.

For what it's worth, I was all Alts from the word go. You're making terrific progress -- and the best is yet to come. Good for you for making sure you are looking at the long term and planning for it.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #475  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

I don't think this thread is for "100% IP products only"...just aiming to stick to the protocol using IP or IP equivalents. My coach is also not extremely involved....and frankly, I'll tell you that I find myself counseling HER each time I go (and I am not kidding about that). But, I like having the IP resource there if I need it and buy only a box a week and use alts for the rest. I'm very strict about my alternatives, and make sure they don't "fudge" the IP guidelines. I only have one "super restricted" a week which is the chocolate chip Quest bar (mmmmmmmmm).
Old 07-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #476  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Lala2therescue - I'm with everyone else. 100% is following the IP protocol whether you're using the actual products or alternatives or a mix. Lots of people have had great success using alternatives or a mix. Congrats on your great success so far!

evemomma - Happy Birthday!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #477  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thank you for weighing in on this ladies. I am a strict rule follower and felt like I was cheating something. My coach, myself, my diet, my budget.

Now I feel more confident about the path I am taking. That I can follow IP in many ways.

Happy Friday
Old 07-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Quote:
Thank you for weighing in on this ladies. I am a strict rule follower and felt like I was cheating something. My coach, myself, my diet, my budget.

Now I feel more confident about the path I am taking. That I can follow IP in many ways.

Happy Friday
Oh I agree! I was doing Quest bars for 1 pack a day (also on 5, but I have 150 pounds lean mass to protect), but my coach was like, "No!" But she did allow me to do a high protein, super low carb, low fat protein powder. She herself recommended Costco for this, and so it saves me over $100 a month. I'll likely keep this to 3 IP / 1 Costco and then be all IP when I drop to 3 someday.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #479  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
I weigh every day when I get up and before I go to bed, but I don't update my ticker until my weekly WIs at the clinic. Weighing every day gives me a gauge of how certain foods/exercise affect my body and water retention. Not very scientific, but if my scale is inching up instead of down multiple days in a row I might do an all liquids or lower carb packet day to balance. This typically comes after a few red meat days or double chocolate brownies.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #480  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Default Ten days in and still working out daily routines

Today is day 10 for me - my home scale shows that I am down 11 lbs. I am posting my IP coach weigh ins on my ticker, though. Monday evening will be my weigh in.

By my home scale I have dropped another lb since Monday weigh in... A bit bound up on Tues and Wed, but back to regularity late in the day Thursday. Any advice on what to about constipation? I am sure my coach has some advice but you guys have been there so any advice you have is valuable.

My only real challenge is getting all my supplements in... I have no other meds for any chronic medical conditions (yay!). In fact have rarely had to take any over my life, so I am not very good at it. I really need a good way to ensure that I get them in. To make sure that I get all my supplements in at the right time, I guess I am going to have to take them out of the bottle and locate some in the kitchen, leaving some upstairs for morning consumption as that is where I have breakfast. Maybe carry an emergency supply in my handbag....Could the missed omega 3 affect my regularity? I did miss it a couple of days in a row...

Otherwise, I am following protocol, using IP rather than alternatives for now, and dreaming of success like I see from those posting here. It is your successes that are feeding my motivation!!
Closed Thread