Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #406  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
Still 100%! Not even a finger lick at a big Fourth of July shindig. As a result I lost 3 pounds over the Fourth weekend!
Hooray you! I was just wondering yesterday how you did - glad to hear you exercised your determination muscle and did it. Doing a happy dance for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
I sure did! Thanks Lisa. I have a shopping list for the weekend and I'm going to do a plan for each day of the week over the weekend so that there is nothing missed! Definitely looking forward to those breakfasts! But kinda scared at the same time. Phase 1 is just so clear and concise to me and I'm good with rules. But freedom of choice. Yikes!!
You'll do great Rosie! Once you figure it out it really is easy - not nearly as scary as it seems. And it's amazing as you head to maintenance how much you want to make good choices - not just to keep the weight off but because it's the food you want to eat now. I was amazed at how much my tastes had changed.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #407  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
Still 100%! Not even a finger lick at a big Fourth of July shindig. As a result I lost 3 pounds over the Fourth weekend!
Congrats Tamila I was 100% over the holiday weekend also. I hope my results will be as great as yours, will see at my weigh in on Saturday!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hooray for NaeNae! I'm sure you are feeling pretty proud of yourself too!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #409  

S/C/G: 189.6/139/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm in my third week of IP and had my second weigh in last night - I'm down 10 lbs in two weeks! I will be 51 this month and have heard from everyone how hard it is to lose weight when you're post menopausal. I am so thankful for IP for this incredible weight loss so far and defeating the odds!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcat63 View Post
I'm in my third week of IP and had my second weigh in last night - I'm down 10 lbs in two weeks! I will be 51 this month and have heard from everyone how hard it is to lose weight when you're post menopausal. I am so thankful for IP for this incredible weight loss so far and defeating the odds!
It's wonderful isn't it?? I am 48 and was beginning to believe the lie "you can't lose weight at your age..." too! But I am here to prove everyone wrong! IP is wonderful!! I am loving it!! and I am loving my new lease on life!!

Last edited by Kellyc14; 07-10-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #411  

S/C/G: 189.6/139/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
:Welcome: It's wonderful isn't it?? I am 48 and was beginning to believe the lie "you can't lose weight at your age..." too! But I am here to prove everyone wrong! IP is wonderful!! I am loving it!! and I am loving my new lease on life!!
Thanks Kelly! I was almost to the point of accepting the fact that it would be next to impossible to lose weight at my age. I can't wait to see my doctor's face when I see him next month!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #412  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default Slipping into the 90% zone

Hey all!! I am slipping a bit into the 90% club (no judgement). I started on 6/2/14 and for the entire month of june was 100%. At dinner is where I have started to modify. I have 3 kids and an incredibly supportive boyfriend. I do most of the cooking and have to cook for them and then me.

We all eat very healthy so there is not a lot of adjustment for myself but I have been using things to spice up my dishes that are not 0/0/0. They are not by any means junk food but none the less do contain a small amount of carbs and fat and very low sugar.

Sounds like I am heading to the dark side. I need some lectures or friendly advice to stay 100% OP. I lost 6lbs last week and so far this week only .5. It could either be that such a big loss last week has stalled a bit or my variation to the diet is causing lower losses.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I think you make a pledge every day to be 100%. You know where your problem areas are, so address that. If it is flavor you need, maybe ask on the boards how to flavor something in a 100% manner. Do not feel deprived, once on maintenance, things like that will be allowed, but the good thing is, you will like eating healthy and will not want it.

Also, look around and the people who are successful. You want to be like them!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #414  

I see major successes on the 100% thread. I also see success on the 90% thread but I rarely see someone get to goal there. What I see there is a lot of stoppers and re starters or people that leavee IP and go to a different plan altogether. There have been some highly successful people on IP who choose other plans and I have not seen them get to goal. My goal is a normal BMI. I had to take a break from phase 1 due to developing thyroid issues, however I never lost sight of 100% on-plan to goal.

Having a past history of a major weight-loss with regain, I did not want to repeat history.

There are many ways to lose weight, but since I chose IP, I chose to stick with it 100%. It is just too expensive to do it any other way. And even if using alternatives, phase one is very restrictive so who would want to stay on it any longer than you have to? Every addition, every off plan choice, just extends the amount of time on phase 1. Barring any health conditions, my suggestion to everyone is to remain 100% on phase 1 and give the diet a chance. I also noticed people saying certain diet plans do not work but they seem to be the people who did not work the diet the way it was designed.

My suggestion is to review the reasons for choosing IP over other diet plans and then stick with it. So many people have so many suggestions for what to do to stay on plan rather than go off. And it is never too late to start over.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcat63 View Post
Congrats! I was told the same thing by my GP. I'm 55 and melting away! I can't wait to see the look on her face at my next physical.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
So great to see so many committed to staying 100%! I've often said I couldn't have done it without all the support here!

Had to laugh at myself Friday though - needed new PJ bottoms to wear around the house. Started looking for the large - they're supposed to be loose, right? First time in my life I actually had to try on PJ pants. XS is what I ended up with - I think I danced in the dressing room!

Wow! XS? I can't even imagine that size on me. I would be dancing too!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #417  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Wow! XS? I can't even imagine that size on me. I would be dancing too!
It's amazing how much our bodies change on IP. I never would have thought I could wear an XS anything but even since I have stopped losing I am still, well, rearranging for want of a better word. My waist has gone down 2 inches in the last two months. It's like everything is getting redistributed. Being 52 I don't hold out much hope that my skin will just bounce back like it would if I was in my 20s, but I'll take a little (or even a lot!) loose skin over an extra 120+ pounds any day!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #418  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hooray for NaeNae! I'm sure you are feeling pretty proud of yourself too!
Thank you so much canadjineh I am both proud and amazed. I have been able to loose a lot of weigh in a few months. This plan is so easy, and the results are great!! By the way I love your new profile pic, you look marvelous dawling. You are rocking maintenance..such an inspiration!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #419  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I see major successes on the 100% thread. I also see success on the 90% thread but I rarely see someone get to goal there. What I see there is a lot of stoppers and re starters or people that leavee IP and go to a different plan altogether. There have been some highly successful people on IP who choose other plans and I have not seen them get to goal. My goal is a normal BMI. I had to take a break from phase 1 due to developing thyroid issues, however I never lost sight of 100% on-plan to goal.

Having a past history of a major weight-loss with regain, I did not want to repeat history.

There are many ways to lose weight, but since I chose IP, I chose to stick with it 100%. It is just too expensive to do it any other way. And even if using alternatives, phase one is very restrictive so who would want to stay on it any longer than you have to? Every addition, every off plan choice, just extends the amount of time on phase 1. Barring any health conditions, my suggestion to everyone is to remain 100% on phase 1 and give the diet a chance. I also noticed people saying certain diet plans do not work but they seem to be the people who did not work the diet the way it was designed.

My suggestion is to review the reasons for choosing IP over other diet plans and then stick with it. So many people have so many suggestions for what to do to stay on plan rather than go off. And it is never too late to start over.
Lisa,
You are so on the money!!! This program works if you stick to it 100%. It worked for me until in maintenance I thought I would "tweak it here and there" and I regained 30 lbs. For all of you out there that want to work the IP protocol your way, ask yourself this question... Why were you overweight before starting this protocol? Nothing I did on my own helped me shed the pounds until IP. Hang in there, IP works!!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Hey all!! I am slipping a bit into the 90% club (no judgement). I started on 6/2/14 and for the entire month of june was 100%. At dinner is where I have started to modify. I have 3 kids and an incredibly supportive boyfriend. I do most of the cooking and have to cook for them and then me.

We all eat very healthy so there is not a lot of adjustment for myself but I have been using things to spice up my dishes that are not 0/0/0. They are not by any means junk food but none the less do contain a small amount of carbs and fat and very low sugar.

Sounds like I am heading to the dark side. I need some lectures or friendly advice to stay 100% OP. I lost 6lbs last week and so far this week only .5. It could either be that such a big loss last week has stalled a bit or my variation to the diet is causing lower losses.
You know your own mental state, but something my coach told me REALLY helped me. Biologically, no, a tablespoon of ketchup shouldn't make you gain weight no stop losing. However, hormonally, something *does* happen when you stray. For example, I was using grass fed butter instead of grape seed oil. It really messed with me. It shouldn't have, because I still followed the amount limitations, but nonetheless I stalled.

I felt like it was 98% (and, realistically, the vaaaaast majority if my food was perfectly on plan), and that shouldn't mess with my progress, but it DID.

The only way I have found success is 100%. I think it comes down to this: do I REALLY want to change? Do I want to heal my body and experience the health that has always eluded me? If yes, I have to accept that I must follow the IP protocol 100% and go through the grieving process (and it is that) of the lifestyle and foods that I had before. For me, accepting that I can never have another Starbucks mocha was *really* hard. But I know how hard I have worked to retrain my body, and even in maintenance I'm just not going to be able to tolerate all those carbs (and that insane amount of sugar). I know it won't be worth the taste and comfort of a mocha to feel how crappy it will make me feel. I will just be forever different food wise.

If I can't accept that, don't want to do this 100%, then I don't think I should be doing it all. It doesn't matter if 99% of 90%ers DID reach goal (though it sounds like most don't.) I know my body--I would be the one person who doesn't experience the success I want. And NOTHING else has worked for me, so either I surrender completely to this one thing that WILL help me get healthy or I choose to eat the things I want that, even though healthier than literally EVERYONE else I know, will keep me 100 pounds overweight. It simply is what it is.

But, it comes down to surrender. Surrender to IP or surrender to obesity. It might seem unfair, but there just isn't a true 90%. I said this before, but it is 100% and progressing or 0% and regressing.

Know that I am the LAST person who would be saying this, but at some point that tiny little taste just isn't worth the wrecking ball it will be to your progress. Two weeks ago I would NOT have believed I would WANT to say no to just one almond when dishing up my kids' trail mix, but I do now. The temptation and desire is still there, but I think, "No, Tami. You have worked SO hard. That one almond is not worth the chain reaction your body will have, and you learned the hard way to know you WILL have it. It's not fair, but it IS what is. Surrender to health."

I really didn't think I could do this. But I am, so I know you can, too. You don't have to be ruled by a desire to make things taste better. And, for real, you can make things taste amazing with 100% OP allowed stuff! But that mental battle matters so much, because if you think you are missing out on something "better" that isn't 100% OP then the delicious 100% OP options are never going to satisfy.

But you can do this. Surrender to health!
Closed Thread