3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296353-home-100%25-no-cheat-zone-volume-33-a.html)

canadjineh 06-11-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelligirl (Post 5021787)
Hello! I just started IP today after spending the last year trying to recreate the plan using regular food and failing. So after my first meeting last night, I have a better understanding of IP and why I need to follow the plan. I found out that I was just doing a bunch of stuff wrong. So here goes it!

Off to a great start, kelligirl! It is technically possible to do this without IP/alternative products (using 'real' food) BUT it takes a lot of time and energy in planning and making sure you have all your macronutrient needs covered! Why add extra stress when, although it's more expensive, you can have the IP clinic do all the prep & planning for you? I think you will be successful doing it right and be so proud of yourself!
My hubby did lose 18 lbs doing IP style without the packets/alternatives, but that meant I did all the planning and doling out of vitamins, etc and he just ate what I put in front of him.

Liana

12Anniepoo 06-11-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 (Post 5021739)
Ruth Ann Your are so great at calming the fears that come with losing weight and maintenance. I started IP on April 16 and follow your posts as a source of confidence and motivation. So I want to say thank you.:hug: You have rocked this plan and you are rocking maintenance!!

I just want to add a hearty AMEN to this.

tamila 06-12-2014 01:06 AM

How do y'all love making jicama best?

IP43 06-12-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelligirl (Post 5021787)
Hello! I just started IP today after spending the last year trying to recreate the plan using regular food and failing. So after my first meeting last night, I have a better understanding of IP and why I need to follow the plan. I found out that I was just doing a bunch of stuff wrong. So here goes it!

This diet really is a complicated 'system' that has been created so we don't have to think too hard. But there are lots of things that don't make sense until you understand it better. That's why we always encourage new people to follow the plan and ask questions because sometimes "logic" doesn't work. At least you are trying to learn about the hows/whys and this will really help you not make those mistakes again. You obviously have the drive to get the weight off -- you'll get there this time! :hug:

Ruth Ann 06-12-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 (Post 5021739)
Ruth Ann Your are so great at calming the fears that come with losing weight and maintenance. I started IP on April 16 and follow your posts as a source of confidence and motivation. So I want to say thank you.:hug: You have rocked this plan and you are rocking maintenance!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo (Post 5021845)
I just want to add a hearty AMEN to this.

Thank you both of you - gave me a huge smile this morning (and I needed one!).

IP is a great plan and you guys are doing great - I always get so inspired by watching people learn IP and get going, the enthusiasm and determination help keep me on the straight and narrow. We are a great bunch, aren't we?!? :grouphug:

Ruth Ann 06-12-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamila (Post 5022139)

I just eat it raw - I love the flavor.

IdealProteinNewbie 06-12-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

I love it sliced into sticks then sprinkled with Stevia and cinnamon, yum!

Lime juice and chili powder is also good!

SuzieQ120 06-12-2014 07:54 AM

I also love jicama with lime juice and chili powder, which I tried after seeing it posted on this forum. My hubby loves it too and asks for it often! I hope others continue to post their yummy recipes here, as all the ones I have tried so far have been delicious.

kelligirl 06-12-2014 09:18 AM

thank you all for the warm welcome <3

SylviesGirl 06-12-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

I peel my jicama and then cut into sticks. Then I decide if I would like "apple pie" or "lemonade." For that apple pie flavor, I toss in a packet or 2 of splenda and generous pinches of cinnamon, ginger, and ground cloves, sometimes some nutmeg. I put in about a tablespoon of water and a tsp of olive oil. I put the lid on the container and shake it a bit to distribute the spices. Yum!

For lemonade, again, a packet or 2 of splenda (this is for 2 c. jicama sticks) and then I zest a small lemon, using maybe half the lemon skin for zest, right into the jicama. I juice 1/2 the lemon (a small one) right into the jicama, and, again, cover and shake. Yummy.

Lots of fiber. If anyone is "moving" a bit slow . . . jicama for lunch a couple days in a row usually gets things moving again. ;)

MonicaKolesnik 06-12-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

I make it into fries, cut them into sticks and spray them with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake them in the oven. So tasty.

IP43 06-12-2014 03:54 PM

I can never find it in my backwoods store so I just dream longingly of all the yummy things I read about. I DID find frozen Okra once but let me tell you, that was NOT pretty to try to eat. Jicama sounds waaaayyy better to cook with then slimy frozen okra. LOL

ChipnDip 06-12-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5022604)
I can never find it in my backwoods store so I just dream longingly of all the yummy things I read about. I DID find frozen Okra once but let me tell you, that was NOT pretty to try to eat. Jicama sounds waaaayyy better to cook with then slimy frozen okra. LOL

I haven't had any luck finding it either! Must be an ontario thing!

IP43 06-12-2014 07:40 PM

Lol -- I was so excited to see a "weird" vegetable in the store once that I really HOPED was jicama. It turned out to be a chinese vegetable that was huge but tasted like celery. Soooo not what I needed to make the famous "fake apple crisp"....sigh... Oh well. I'll keep checkin'. You never know!

pishposhappelsauce 06-12-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5022687)
Lol -- I was so excited to see a "weird" vegetable in the store once that I really HOPED was jicama. It turned out to be a chinese vegetable that was huge but tasted like celery. Soooo not what I needed to make the famous "fake apple crisp"....sigh... Oh well. I'll keep checkin'. You never know!

I just got jicama from my local international food market (or I think it's jicama anyway...:dizzy:)! This "apple crisp" has me intrigued.