Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Newcomers
Welcome
Please join the daily chat
That is where you'll find all the forum support.
When I joined, I quickly discovered that the knowledge base was in the people "ahead" of me, rather than with the people who were new, like me.
Thank you for the welcome Lisa! I will for sure join in on the daily chat, I have been reading and learning a lot from all the different threads. Everyone seems so warm and inviting. I really do like joining a variety of threads. Some with the ones ahead of me and then some with the ones new like me that are just starting on their journey.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #17  

Height: 5'6

Default IP girl

Good morning,
So happy to be here with all of you! Started IP 5/14, 1st wk 7 lb loss, this second week little slip ups, have started working out. Feel good! Get my measurements taken Weds. Good luck, we can do this :-)
Old 05-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #18  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi Linda!!!!!!

So happy to see you on these boards!!! You will learn a ton from all the smart people and their posts on this forum. Plus - the enthusiasm you have for getting to a healthy weight will inspire others here.

So happy to be on this journey together.......we have tried so many ways and I truly believe this is the right one. Outside of chopping a lot of veggies just puts your eating on remote control. So easy to plan once you get the principles down.

Is Neat going to join these boards?

Nancy

P.S. What brand of vegetable slicer did you get? The one that makes zucchini shaped like pasta?
Old 05-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! I am starting today. Looking forward to the support. I am a carb junkie and a chocoholic so this is going to be hard but I am going to give it a try!
Old 05-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #20  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduff View Post
Good morning,
So happy to be here with all of you! Started IP 5/14, 1st wk 7 lb loss, this second week little slip ups, have started working out. Feel good! Get my measurements taken Weds. Good luck, we can do this :-)
Missduff!! Welcome to our group!! I am so pleased that you have joined us! to you on your first weeks results...7 pounds is fantastic! Glad to hear you are feeling good! Me too! Today is day 6 for me. First week weigh in is Wednesday. I havn't started working out at all yet, I wanted to let my body get into ketosis and then adjust a little beforehand. So, this coming weekend, I will start by adding in some lighter cardio such as walking, riding my bike, and swimming. I'm excited to get started with those.

We can do this! We got the fat burning fire going!!
Old 05-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #21  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post
Hi Linda!!!!!!

So happy to see you on these boards!!! You will learn a ton from all the smart people and their posts on this forum. Plus - the enthusiasm you have for getting to a healthy weight will inspire others here.

So happy to be on this journey together.......we have tried so many ways and I truly believe this is the right one. Outside of chopping a lot of veggies just puts your eating on remote control. So easy to plan once you get the principles down.

Is Neat going to join these boards?

Nancy

P.S. What brand of vegetable slicer did you get? The one that makes zucchini shaped like pasta?
Nancy!!!!! Awe you made my heart sing when I saw you were joining our group! Welcome! wouldn't be the same withoutcha my friend!

I agree with you 100% in saying that this is the plan that will set us free from fat forever! I'm ready to do this, mind is right where it should be and I'm feeling fantastic already and I just started day 6! Crazy!

Yes! Neat joined the group also, she is Butterfly2005 Hi Neat!!

I got the paderno veggie spiral slicer from Amazon, it has 3 different blades so you can make a couple different thicknesses of noodles and also it does the ribbon cuts too. Here is the link to it... http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-...gie+spiralizer

Looking forward to getting my "skinny" on with ya girlfriend! And again, welcome to the group!
Old 05-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #22  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
Hi everyone! I am starting today. Looking forward to the support. I am a carb junkie and a chocoholic so this is going to be hard but I am going to give it a try!
Sheena! Glad to have you!

Hey, I hear you on being a carb junkie and chocoholic...I'm guilty as well. But every single day that passes that we don't eat that junk, it'll get easier and easier and the cravings will get less and less. We are going to do this! Ps. that is water in those glasses! lol
Old 05-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #23  
Started 5/21/2014

Hello everyone! I thought it would be nice to tell a little about ourselves and maybe a little history about where each of us has been in our battle of the buldge. Let's get to know each other a little bit...

I'll start. I've lived in Sunny Arizona since 1998 but I am originally from Michigan. Love Arizona! I am married to a wonderful Man and we will be celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary this coming July 25th. We have 4 children and 6 grandchildren. Our Son being the only one still in the nest. I have an Eclectus Parrot named Einstein who is a hoot, and I have a toy fox terrier named Mia who is a little sweetie.

I was never overweight as a child or teenager or even in my early 20s. I started gaining weight after my Last child was born when I was 25. Year by year, I would gain a little more and a little more but I had a blind eye to it. Sure, I would try the most current diets and lose a little weight, but I never really took it serious. Not untill I found myself at 216 pounds in the year 2005 that is. At that time I finally realized that I had to do something.

So, I decided on a diet that I saw on a TV infomercial. I did great. I was so head strong and would not cheat if my life depended on it. I lost about 66 pounds...getting down to 150. Felt great, looked great! Well It was the holidays and I decided to "take a break" and get back on the plan to lose that last 10 lbs after the holidays were over. Well that isn't what happened. To make a long story short, over the course of the next year or so, I gained ever single pound that I had worked so hard to lose... back.

That was 8 years ago and since that time, I have tried many different diet plans out there and sure, I would lose 20 or 30 pounds but then I would completely fall off and gain it back. Over and over this has happened when I finally just gave up and accepted the fact that I was doomed to live trapped in this fat body for the rest of my life.

Fast forward to about a week ago when my Friend Nancy told me about Ideal Protein and how awesome she was doing on it. I googled it and read as much as I could find on it and decided to go for it! It just clicked with me, and something inside me told me "this is it!" "you can do this!". So, I headed to the grocery store and loaded my cart with fresh lean meats, vegetables, healthy fats, some vinegars and spices and started the following day... Wednesday May 21st at my heaviest weight in my life... 221.4! I LOVE it! I have that fire back that I had all those years ago! This is my year, and I will reach my goal...that I know! Thank you Nancy!

I feel blessed, happy, and thankful to be able to walk this journey hand and hand with you ladies. A few of you, I have known for many years, and we have fought our battles and struggled with our food addiction together, and the rest of you, we are surely to become warriors together.

I look forward to locking arms with all of you and for all of us to reach our goals!

~Linda
Old 05-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #24  
KMainprize

S/C/G: 303/292/180

Height: 5'10

Hey everyone! I just restarted IP last thursday and snuch a peak at the scale and im down 7 already
In the last 2 years a little bit less, I lost 100 pounds on IP and then gained it all back. So nowim here and ready to get back at it.
look forward to this and glad to be on this journey for the second time!
Old 05-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #25  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKandy View Post
Hey everyone! I just restarted IP last thursday and snuch a peak at the scale and im down 7 already
In the last 2 years a little bit less, I lost 100 pounds on IP and then gained it all back. So nowim here and ready to get back at it.
look forward to this and glad to be on this journey for the second time!
to the group Kandy! Happy to have you join us! No looking back, you aren't going that way...look ahead and keep your eye on the prize! You did it once and you will do it again..no doubt! Only this time you are more better armed in knowing what went wrong! Let's do it!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #26  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! I'm new as well. I'm on day six and starting to feel better. Looking forward to my WI on Wednesday. I like the daily thread with all the people ahead of me but also find comfort with those in the same boat as I'm in.

I live 45min North of Seattle. I have two grown children, ages 25 and 28. I am mom to three French Bulldogs. I am retired and spend a lot if time with my dogs in agility and obedience. I am in a MINI Cooper car club and have an unhealthy obsession with my car, Ruby...lol I am also very active in community theater and feel most at home on stage.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #27  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Hello everyone! I'm new as well. I'm on day six and starting to feel better. Looking forward to my WI on Wednesday. I like the daily thread with all the people ahead of me but also find comfort with those in the same boat as I'm in.

I live 45min North of Seattle. I have two grown children, ages 25 and 28. I am mom to three French Bulldogs. I am retired and spend a lot if time with my dogs in agility and obedience. I am in a MINI Cooper car club and have an unhealthy obsession with my car, Ruby...lol I am also very active in community theater and feel most at home on stage.
to the group Julz! We are on the same day! I can't wait till WI either! So cute you named your car Ruby! Is she red?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Linda, just wanted to say that your positive, can do attitude will get you to goal with IP.

Wishing all of the May Starters, a smooth and successful IP journey
Old 05-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Hi again newbies....
I figured I would post a little about myself...for being 32 I feel like learning how to navigate this forum isn't very easy! I don't see my profile pic displayed and it is very irritating lol.

Anyway, I live in Erie, PA and work for a textbook company designing math books. I love animals...smooshy faced especially. I have been married 3 years, my husband has a 32 inch waste and can eat whatever he wants, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. We got married in Las Vegas at the Bellagio, we do love Vegas! We have been trying to conceive for 3 years, and hoping it happens soon. Though the doctor thinks my weight isn't the issue, it will only help.

I posted on a thread earlier but Target has a $10 off $30 in the nutrition section in their sunday flyer and online. I went and got some of the RTD EAS drinks and pure protein bars so that I could swap a few here and there. (Also because I tossed 3 things I hated in my start up bag). I have been sleeping like a log! I know I am finally in ketosis, and ketostix i bought tonight confirmed. Yay!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #30  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheshoresarah View Post
Hi again newbies....
I figured I would post a little about myself...for being 32 I feel like learning how to navigate this forum isn't very easy! I don't see my profile pic displayed and it is very irritating lol.

Anyway, I live in Erie, PA and work for a textbook company designing math books. I love animals...smooshy faced especially. I have been married 3 years, my husband has a 32 inch waste and can eat whatever he wants, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. We got married in Las Vegas at the Bellagio, we do love Vegas! We have been trying to conceive for 3 years, and hoping it happens soon. Though the doctor thinks my weight isn't the issue, it will only help.

I posted on a thread earlier but Target has a $10 off $30 in the nutrition section in their sunday flyer and online. I went and got some of the RTD EAS drinks and pure protein bars so that I could swap a few here and there. (Also because I tossed 3 things I hated in my start up bag). I have been sleeping like a log! I know I am finally in ketosis, and ketostix i bought tonight confirmed. Yay!
Hey Sarah! I had the same problem with my pic at first. Instead of it being your profile pic, it's actually the "avatar" you need. When you upload an avatar, it will show next to your posts.
Closed Thread