Calling all Newbies! IP or IP using Alternatives...Let's do this!

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: My first WI for the week I am -7 lbs

Hi to all the newbies glad to see you all here. My first week I would say was Ah-Mazing now I know it will get slower but I am so determined to get healthy and stay the course. I have been struggling for many years now since the birth of my son 26 years ago and the love of food does not help. Now to just learn to fuel the body and not always eat out of pleasure. I am loving this lifestyle change because I am satisfied with the food choices and I am not left hungry obsessing over food all day.. Keep moving forward my new friends. We can do this!!!

Lookie who is in ONEDERLAND!!! You are doing amazing my friend! Goodbye fat!!

I'm so happy we are walking arm in arm, and hand in hand on this journey to sexiness together!!!
  • Quote: Julz!! Good to see ya! I was going to tell you that I can't believe you have a 28 year old! You look like you are only 28! Gorgeous!!
    I need to try the cauliflower rice. I've made Cauliflower faux potatoes, and cauliflower pizza and they were awesome, so good to hear the rice was too.
    Awwww thanks!
    Cauliflower pizza!? More details please!

Quote: My first WI for the week I am -7 lbs
    Yay!! Congratulations!

Had my WI this morning....I have said GOODBYE to 9.8lbs and 7 inches!
  • Quote: Had my week 1 weigh in this morning! I'm happy to announce that I have ground 7 pounds of fat in the dirt! "Sianara! Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out"!

I feel really good! Keto flu has passed... no more headache, no more nausea, no more extreme fatigue feeling. I feel better than I have in a very long time! I'm in full ketosis now and what a great place to be!

Looking forward to hearing all of your successes on this week's weigh ins!!

“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James
    Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!
  • Quote: Awwww thanks!
    Cauliflower pizza!? More details please!

Yay!! Congratualations!

Had my WI this morning....I have said GOODBYE to 9.8lbs and 7 inches!
    Thank you Julz! I will look for the recipe for you. You make the pizza dough out of the cauliflower. I'ts pretty good

9.8 lbs and 7 inches! t=That is just awesome!
  • Quote: Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!
    Thanks Sarah!
  • I had my first weigh in yesterday- down 4 lbs, not much, but I'll take it. What are you guys using for salad dressings?
  • Oh I forgot to add that the clinic I go to, My coach is clueless. I told him I had a bad headache on day 2 and he was like, that unusual. you should have any headaches unless you are not drinking water. smh I am already tired of going to that clinic. Once I find good shakes that I like, I will be done with them.
  • What do you think about PB2? I've tried all the WF peanut spreads and they are so gross. I checked the nutritional facts and they seem to fit the IP protocol. I'm just in Phase 1, so I don't want to goof and have to relive the "ketosis flu"

PB2:
    2T = 45 calories
    Calories from fat :13
    Carbs :5
    Protein:5 ( not the greatest..)
    Sugars:1

I'd rather not ask my coach, since I know what her answer will be. I just wondered if any one has used this on the plan.
  • Quote: I had my first weigh in yesterday- down 4 lbs, not much, but I'll take it. What are you guys using for salad dressings?

I like WF Sesame Ginger & Thousand Islands. I also make my own with a T of Olive Oil, half a lemon , and several shakes of Frank's Hot Sauce. It's different, but I like it.

As for shakes, I just bought the EAS Carb Control in Vanilla. Haven't tried them yet, but the EAS brand matches the ID RTD shakes pretty closely. Plus, I can get them at Sam's in a case.

I'm on week 2 and I still have a headache, no matter how much water I drink. Try sniffing peppermint oil or rubbing it on your temples and base of your neck. Last week i broke down and took tylenol. Good Luck! Four pounds is a good start.
  • Quote: My first WI for the week I am -7 lbs

Hi to all the newbies glad to see you all here. My first week I would say was Ah-Mazing now I know it will get slower but I am so determined to get healthy and stay the course. I have been struggling for many years now since the birth of my son 26 years ago and the love of food does not help. Now to just learn to fuel the body and not always eat out of pleasure. I am loving this lifestyle change because I am satisfied with the food choices and I am not left hungry obsessing over food all day.. Keep moving forward my new friends. We can do this!!!
    Wow this is awesome!! Isn't IP great?? I have never done any weight loss plan where I wasn't starving all the time and was lucky to lose 3 or 4 lbs a month. And by the way you look way to young to have a 26 year old!!
  • Quote: Had my week 1 weigh in this morning! I'm happy to announce that I have ground 7 pounds of fat in the dirt! "Sianara! Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out"!

I feel really good! Keto flu has passed... no more headache, no more nausea, no more extreme fatigue feeling. I feel better than I have in a very long time! I'm in full ketosis now and what a great place to be!

Looking forward to hearing all of your successes on this week's weigh ins!!

“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James
    That is wonderful!! I can tell from all your encouraging posts you are going to be a great motivator for the rest of us.
  • beasleymom I use the PB2 in my chocolate shakes all the time. I only use 1/2 tsp to 1 tbsp at a time though so im not getting the whole extra 5 carbs (there is fibre in it as well so it actually reduces the carb count). I love it personally. I use to never add extra products to my plan because I figured it as taboo, but this time around I am doing it different and not having my brain stuck on 'that one extra carb is going to completely throw me out of ketosis' if you are super worried about going out of ketosis but REALLY want the PB2 have only non restricted foods that day.
    First WI is -11!
    Awesome weight ins everyone!
  • How many days has it taken some of you to get to ketosis? I'm on day 4 now and I'm thinking of checking tonight.

Great to read about all of the successes on here! Way to go Butterfly and drbuzymom!
  • I have been doing weight watchers with only minimal results. I think it is a healthy choice but frankly, I think I might need tighter structure and a little quicker positive reinforcement. I am thinking of switching to IP but not sure if I should try my local clinic (I know one happy customer) or give it a try on my own. Where is the best source for alternative information? Congrats to all of you who are doing it! I am way impressed.
  • Quote: How many days has it taken some of you to get to ketosis? I'm on day 4 now and I'm thinking of checking tonight.

Great to read about all of the successes on here! Way to go Butterfly and drbuzymom!
    I'm on day 3 and ran to the drug store an hour or so ago to check. No ketosis for me yet. I haven't had headaches or anything though. Definitely some cravings last night, but no sign of the keto flu.