Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #76  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahEileen View Post
Exciting!! Do you weigh every day or just once a week? I have been STRUGGLING! I did a cleanse for 10 days and did great for those 10 days... eating wise I am doing great BUT weight wise I am STUCK... I have been thinking about doing a 3 or 5 day boot camp to see if I can kick start the weight loss again... I am so frustrated. I'm still up 2 lbs from when I had my period last week or so... I promise I have been ON POINT, no cheating. It makes me want to scream, haha!
You just did a cleanse. I wouldn't worry about a boot camp yet. Get settled for a week or two OP and see what happens IMO.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #77  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
... Are you working out? I know they dont recomend it, but I work out faithful 5 times a week.. its my form of stress relief
Check with your coach about the working out and see if you may need to change your intensity or frequency for awhile. If not, read up on when to have an extra pack etc. Working out too much can actually stall your progress -- maybe because of how low the calories already are? (Others who exercise can tell you more. I don't so can't really advise)
Old 05-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #78  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
You just did a cleanse. I wouldn't worry about a boot camp yet. Get settled for a week or two OP and see what happens IMO.

Thanks IP43... The cleanse I just took some extra colon cleanse supplements. That was 2 weeks ago I finished that... since then I haven't really changed in weight loss (last week was that time of month, up 4 lbs)... 2 lbs of water weight came off but I'm still up 2 lbs... (it's normal for me to gain 2-4 lbs of water weight). I know I don't need to dwell but it's so hard. I just keep telling myself, you'll see the weight come off eventually as long as you stay on point. My husband and I went to a cook out last night, I took my own green beans and protein bar....ate a burger patty with lettuce, tomato, and pickle. I was so proud of myself for not going off but of course want to see the scale move.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #79  
Diane on track July 2014

For the record, there seems to be a lot of new people here (which is awesome) but the "infinite wisdom" of the people with experience may be found more in the daily thread. Make sure you're posting or reading over there too -- that's where you'll get the best advice
Old 05-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #80  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Exciting!! Do you weigh every day or just once a week? I have been STRUGGLING! I did a cleanse for 10 days and did great for those 10 days... eating wise I am doing great BUT weight wise I am STUCK... I have been thinking about doing a 3 or 5 day boot camp to see if I can kick start the weight loss again... I am so frustrated. I'm still up 2 lbs from when I had my period last week or so... I promise I have been ON POINT, no cheating. It makes me want to scream, haha!
Thanks! I weighed myself everyday for the first few days, but now that all the water weight is off and the losses on the scale will slow down, I will switch to only weighing once a week.

Don't be frustrated. I would just stay the course and not do anything drastic just yet. You said you had good results after your 10 day cleanse, so your body is probably taking a break after releasing so much fat. I know it's frustrating but you're doing GREAT!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:50 PM   #81  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
... My husband and I went to a cook out last night, I took my own green beans and protein bar....ate a burger patty with lettuce, tomato, and pickle. I was so proud of myself for not going off but of course want to see the scale move.
Have a look at what you're eating and see about some 'swaps' for next week if that might help. Green beans and tomato are on the 'occasional' list. Maybe stick away from the "occasionals" for a few days? I know personally I bought a new delish bar but since I started using it, my weight loss is slower. Some people lose less on bars than other stuff. Switch those up for a jello or drink??

I understand your frustration (believe you me). Without being too extreme, make a few changes this week and see what happens.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #82  

Please remember to direct questions to the daily chat. Asking only newcomers is sorta like the blind leading the blind

I learned A LOT from the folks who came before me.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #83  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies! I'm on several threads and find this one to be this most receptive to newbies...maybe it's because we are all new...or maybe they don't like me on the other threads...no...wait...that simply can't be true...lol

Made cauliflower rice tonight for the first time ever...it was amazing! Seriously, it was so good. I had no idea this even existed!

WI tomorrow at 10:30 and I'm very nervous :-/
Old 05-28-2014, 01:05 AM   #84  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Hello ladies! I'm on several threads and find this one to be this most receptive to newbies...maybe it's because we are all new...or maybe they don't like me on the other threads...no...wait...that simply can't be true...lol

Made cauliflower rice tonight for the first time ever...it was amazing! Seriously, it was so good. I had no idea this even existed!

Julz!! Good to see ya! I was going to tell you that I can't believe you have a 28 year old! You look like you are only 28! Gorgeous!!

My WI is tomorrow too! I'm nervous as well! But I went the entire week sticking to the plan and didn't have a lick of anyting I wasn't supposed to, so I did my very best I could. So whatever that number is, I will be happy and move on to week 2!

I need to try the cauliflower rice. I've made Cauliflower faux potatoes, and cauliflower pizza and they were awesome, so good to hear the rice was too.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:36 AM   #85  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Thanks IP43... The cleanse I just took some extra colon cleanse supplements. That was 2 weeks ago I finished that... since then I haven't really changed in weight loss (last week was that time of month, up 4 lbs)... 2 lbs of water weight came off but I'm still up 2 lbs... (it's normal for me to gain 2-4 lbs of water weight). I know I don't need to dwell but it's so hard. I just keep telling myself, you'll see the weight come off eventually as long as you stay on point. My husband and I went to a cook out last night, I took my own green beans and protein bar....ate a burger patty with lettuce, tomato, and pickle. I was so proud of myself for not going off but of course want to see the scale move.
SarahEileen - You might try posting your daily menus in the What Are You Eating Today Ipeeps thread. That way people can help spot any issues that you might be unknowingly making. Besides, it's fun to see what other people are eating and get ideas!

I wouldn't worry too much about not losing for a couple of weeks - how do you feel? How are your clothes fitting? Are your measurements going down? The scale weight is just one indicator, all the rest count too!

I fell into a pattern of two or three weeks (or four sometimes) of small or 0 losses and then a big loss and then back to slower losses. It's all good. Over the course of a year I averaged 10 pounds a month which is a great loss rate. So don't get discouraged by the scale!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #86  
Started IP 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up Weigh IN

My first WI for the week I am -7 lbs

Hi to all the newbies glad to see you all here. My first week I would say was Ah-Mazing now I know it will get slower but I am so determined to get healthy and stay the course. I have been struggling for many years now since the birth of my son 26 years ago and the love of food does not help. Now to just learn to fuel the body and not always eat out of pleasure. I am loving this lifestyle change because I am satisfied with the food choices and I am not left hungry obsessing over food all day.. Keep moving forward my new friends. We can do this!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
SarahEileen - You might try posting your daily menus in the What Are You Eating Today Ipeeps thread. That way people can help spot any issues that you might be unknowingly making. Besides, it's fun to see what other people are eating and get ideas!

I wouldn't worry too much about not losing for a couple of weeks - how do you feel? How are your clothes fitting? Are your measurements going down? The scale weight is just one indicator, all the rest count too!

I fell into a pattern of two or three weeks (or four sometimes) of small or 0 losses and then a big loss and then back to slower losses. It's all good. Over the course of a year I averaged 10 pounds a month which is a great loss rate. So don't get discouraged by the scale!
Ruth Ann, Thank you! I will go check out the "what are you eating today"...

I'm feeling pretty good... I know my clothes are fitting different. I have been able to wear several of my smaller size clothing, I measured last night (the last measurements I have are from March 2013)... I didn't start IP until Nov 2013 and lost 20 lbs from Nov until April, I was doing great during the week and then the weekend would hit and I STRUGGLED... those 3 to 4 days you lose for every cheat were catching up to me. So beginning of May I started to really focus and stay OP. I was down an additional 11 lbs... right now it's 9 for a total of 29 lbs. I realize after reading your message my 9 lbs for the month is actually decent. It's just hard when you get to a certain weight and then can't seem to get back down to that weight. It'll happen.

Thank you for your encouragement! I'm not giving up... gotta keep my eye on the prize!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
My first WI for the week I am -7 lbs

Hi to all the newbies glad to see you all here. My first week I would say was Ah-Mazing now I know it will get slower but I am so determined to get healthy and stay the course. I have been struggling for many years now since the birth of my son 26 years ago and the love of food does not help. Now to just learn to fuel the body and not always eat out of pleasure. I am loving this lifestyle change because I am satisfied with the food choices and I am not left hungry obsessing over food all day.. Keep moving forward my new friends. We can do this!!!
congratulations on 7 lbs!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post

I LOVE cauliflower rice...made some last night! It's yummy!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #90  
Started 5/21/2014

Had my week 1 weigh in this morning! I'm happy to announce that I have ground 7 pounds of fat in the dirt! "Sianara! Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out"!

I feel really good! Keto flu has passed... no more headache, no more nausea, no more extreme fatigue feeling. I feel better than I have in a very long time! I'm in full ketosis now and what a great place to be!

Looking forward to hearing all of your successes on this week's weigh ins!!

“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James
Closed Thread