Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #361  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi Maria -- you're asking the converted so it's tough to give you advice. But here are some pros/cons:
PROS:
+ you won't lose weight faster on any other plan. The weight definitely comes off at a good rate in this diet
+ This is a great support group so if you have questions, with or without a coach, you can do this
+ It resets your pancreas so if you have insulin related issues, this diet is great for getting things back on track
+ It's easy to do for giving you specific rules to follow that are pretty straight forward. If you stick to the plan you don't have to think too much and it works
+ due to the lower calories strenuous exercise is discouraged (what? we lose weight without exercise?!)
+ you already have a support group at work to talk to as well -- that makes a big difference!
+ you eat a variety of very healthy foods. Lots of veggies and lean meats

CONS
-it's a bit more expensive to do IP if you use the IP products -- but you can get alternatives all over the place
- it's tough to do in the summer if you love fruit and ice cream as there is no dairy,fruit or wheat allowed (BUT it's cheaper now because veggies are fresh)
- you really have to be committed to do this plan. Little cheats will set you back several days as your body gets into a fat burning mode and too much sugar or carbs will stop that fat burning mode for 3 days.

Overall, it's a great plan and it works. However, you have to be ready for a lifestyle change after -- if you just go back to eating what you're eating now, you'll put the weight all back just as fast as you took it off.

If you're serious about losing weight, and serious about making changes to keep it off later, then this is a great way to go!

Last edited by IP43; 06-07-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #362  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Hi Maria -- you're asking the converted so it's tough to give you advice. But here are some pros/cons:
PROS:
+ you won't lose weight faster on any other plan. The weight definitely comes off at a good rate in this diet
+ This is a great support group so if you have questions, with or without a coach, you can do this
+ It resets your pancreas so if you have insulin related issues, this diet is great for getting things back on track
+ It's easy to do for giving you specific rules to follow that are pretty straight forward. If you stick to the plan you don't have to think too much and it works
+ due to the lower calories strenuous exercise is discouraged (what? we lose weight without exercise?!)
+ you already have a support group at work to talk to as well -- that makes a big difference!
+ you eat a variety of very healthy foods. Lots of veggies and lean meats

CONS
-it's a bit more expensive to do IP if you use the IP products -- but you can get alternatives all over the place
- it's tough to do in the summer if you love fruit and ice cream as there is no dairy,fruit or wheat allowed (BUT it's cheaper now because veggies are fresh)
- you really have to be committed to do this plan. Little cheats will set you back several days as your body gets into a fat burning mode and too much sugar or carbs will stop that fat burning mode for 3 days.

Overall, it's a great plan and it works. However, you have to be ready for a lifestyle change after -- if you just go back to eating what you're eating now, you'll put the weight all back just as fast as you took it off.

If you're serious about losing weight, and serious about making changes to keep it off later, then this is a great way to go!
Absolutely excellent summary!

And welcome Maria!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:45 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunShine1968 View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Maria. I am debating on starting IP. I have seen excellent results from Colleagues at work and just worried to start IP because of the fewer calories a day intake. I have only seen positive reviews from you all. Any advice? Could really use it now...
I'll add one more thought to the excellent summary by IP43...

It is the EXACT RIGHT CALORIES AND NUTRITION your body needs to function at optimum levels during weight loss.

The balance of all the nutritional items within each product (or alternative product) as well as the balance among all the foods you eat throughout the day makes the lower calorie count very safe. Not one calorie is wasted as an "empty calorie" as is so often the case in many other ways of eating. Your body us being properly nourished with every bite!

You will be EXTREMELY pleased if you join us!

Last edited by JLUS; 06-08-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #364  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
You got this!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
As someone posted earlier somewhere Linda -- one drink of booze sets you back 3 days. At $12 a day, that makes it a $36 glass of wine. Unless your friend is serving the "Dom Perignon" $500 bottle stuff, it kinda puts the drink into $$ perspective for you

for the vote of confidence and the pep talk ladies!! I did !!! I stayed away from the food that was no nos, and focused on what I could eat. They had some 6 ft subs, so I took the insides out and threw out the bread and added little extra tomato, lettuce, and onion, a little mustard and ate it with a fork. I didn't drink any alcohol even though she had my favorite wine...but I did drink 3 bottles of water! I have to say that dessert time was incredibly hard. Her Italian mom is a fabulous baker and all those italian desserts all lined up...about killed me. I actually had to go outside to get away and regain my strength when everyone sat down next to me... their plated piled high with creme puffs, tiramisu, chocolate covered Zeppolis, and cannolis, OMGOSH!!! BUT.... I am so very proud to say that I did not have any at all! I swear not one single lick!

And this morning the scale gave me a little reward for my determination!

Last edited by AZLinda; 06-08-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #365  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
The balance of all the nutritional items within each product (or alternative product) as well as the balance among all the foods you eat throughout the day makes the lower calorie count very safe. Not one calorie is wasted as an "empty calorie" as is so often the case in many other ways of eating. Your body us being properly nourished with every bite!

You will be EXTREMELY pleased if you join us!
I this explanation Laurie!
Old 06-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
for the vote of confidence and the pep talk ladies!! I did !!! I stayed away from the food that was no nos, and focused on what I could eat. They had some 6 ft subs, so I took the insides out and threw out the bread and added little extra tomato, lettuce, and onion, a little mustard and ate it with a fork. I didn't drink any alcohol even though she had my favorite wine...but I did drink 3 bottles of water! I have to say that dessert time was incredibly hard. Her Italian mom is a fabulous baker and all those italian desserts all lined up...about killed me. I actually had to go outside to get away and regain my strength when everyone sat down next to me... their plated piled high with creme puffs, tiramisu, chocolate covered Zeppolis, and cannolis, OMGOSH!!! BUT.... I am so very proud to say that I did not have any at all! I swear not one single lick!
: you got this!!!!!! I'm proud of you!! And what a great feeling to have stayed OP and be rewarded by your scale!!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

Great job Linda!!! Your dedication to this will continue to pay off. At tough times I tell myself, it's not forever, it's not forever... I know I will be able to eat those goodies again in the future (in moderation of course!) when I am where I want to be with my weight.

For Maria, one of the greatest things about this diet is the lack of hunger! If you had told me previously that I could subsist on 800-900 calories a day and not be miserable I would have thought you were nuts. But it's true!!! Go for it!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #368  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
: you got this!!!!!! I'm proud of you!! And what a great feeling to have stayed OP and be rewarded by your scale!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
Great job Linda!!! Your dedication to this will continue to pay off. At tough times I tell myself, it's not forever, it's not forever... I know I will be able to eat those goodies again in the future (in moderation of course!) when I am where I want to be with my weight.
Thank you!!you guys!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #369  
Started 5/21/2014

Maria!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #370  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
for the vote of confidence and the pep talk ladies!! I did !!!

Way to go Linda! I was thinking about you. You are strong and will see this through to goal weight. Each situation going forward will be easier to handle. I just keep telling myself that it is not forever - It's something I have to do right now to get back to a healthy weight. Then I will be able to control myself around the temptations and have a few but not the whole table full
Old 06-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #371  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post
Way to go Linda! I was thinking about you. You are strong and will see this through to goal weight. Each situation going forward will be easier to handle. I just keep telling myself that it is not forever - It's something I have to do right now to get back to a healthy weight. Then I will be able to control myself around the temptations and have a few but not the whole table full
Thank you Nancy! I do feel stronger and more in control. Feels so good! Haha, I have to laugh at your comment about only eating a few and not the whole table...haha, this was so me...
Old 06-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #372  

Default what can we eat on this diet,

where can I learn more about this diet I need help thanks
Old 06-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #373  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoronha View Post
where can I learn more about this diet I need help thanks
If you go to the top 2 "stickies" in red above all these threads you'll find information there. The other good place to go is the "Daily Chat". Before all the chat are some of the best threads -- including the information you need for starting the diet called "Phase 1". It tells you exactly what you need to do/eat each day, what vitamins to take etc.

Take time to read a bit and ask questions before jumping in so you have time to get yourself set up and understand what you're doing. You basically would be eating some specific products for breakfast lunch and snack, 2 cups of veggies at lunch too, and 2 cups at dinner with lean meat. If you can go to an Ideal Protein clinic, you can get the supplements you need there, but you can buy other products for breakfast/lunch/snacks that would work online or at many stores.

Enjoy some reading and don't hesitate to ask if you need help
Old 06-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 201/189/165

Height: 5`3"

sorry for silly question. what is a sticky and where art they
Old 06-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #375  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

I do not know about you, but I almost get a 'high' from being able to triumph in a situation like that! It shows that the mind really can handle all those challenging environments. Just put those old mental processes into high gear. That feeling of success AND the feeling the next morning...lower weight, clean mouth, no dragging feeling.....
Closed Thread