Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKandy View Post
Lisa I tried a banana nut and a raspberry one and just the thought of having any others makes my stomach turn so much that I end up not being in the mood to eat anything...its aweful.
Those two, and the lemon are my least fav.

The chocolate chip cookie dough, double chocolate chunk, and brownie are my favs. I also like the oreo.

However, I try to go for LESS sweet & the choc. peanut butter fits that category. I'm a fan of cinnamon roll, as well.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #167  
KMainprize

S/C/G: 303/292/180

Height: 5'10

In regards to adding things to protocol,*enter shifty eyes*I am debating whether or not even to comment.....oh well I guess.
I dont believe in the 0/0/0 protocol because its not something that I find people will find doable afterwards (personal opinion) yes you weight loss maybe slower because of it, that is debateable, if it is then cut the extras and go to the 0/0/0. The protocol instills fear that something so small will throw you out of ketosis, and it really messes with your head. Yes maybe when you first start IP go gungho on the straight and narrow, but if you plan on being on the plan for a long time (over 4 months ish) and that day you have the one scoop of real peanut butter, or use a actual bottle of salad dressing you are going to be like 'Omg im out of ketosis I cheated im a terrible person.no will power' yadeda. Weigh yourself excessively to
see if anything happened.
I am only voicing my personal thoughts, been there done the strict stuff and if you get get carried away stalls do happen. But everyone has choices eat everything 0/0/0 go hard never 'cheat' and learn to love WF, or monitor note what does and doesnt work, reflect on your food journal note the carbs your taking in and compare to what a strict IP day is like which may take longer....who knows.
I just should stop there because I know this is a debatable topic, but thats what groups do right? Lol debate, and hear other sides
Old 05-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #168  
KMainprize

S/C/G: 303/292/180

Height: 5'10

Lisa I have been hearing that, maybe ill try another down the road but for now they will sit in my pantry.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #169  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
In regards to adding things to protocol,*enter shifty eyes*I am debating whether or not even to comment.....oh well I guess.
I dont believe in the 0/0/0 protocol because its not something that I find people will find doable afterwards (personal opinion) yes you weight loss maybe slower because of it, that is debateable, if it is then cut the extras and go to the 0/0/0. The protocol instills fear that something so small will throw you out of ketosis, and it really messes with your head. Yes maybe when you first start IP go gungho on the straight and narrow, but if you plan on being on the plan for a long time (over 4 months ish) and that day you have the one scoop of real peanut butter, or use a actual bottle of salad dressing you are going to be like 'Omg im out of ketosis I cheated im a terrible person.no will power' yadeda. Weigh yourself excessively to
see if anything happened.
I am only voicing my personal thoughts, been there done the strict stuff and if you get get carried away stalls do happen. But everyone has choices eat everything 0/0/0 go hard never 'cheat' and learn to love WF, or monitor note what does and doesnt work, reflect on your food journal note the carbs your taking in and compare to what a strict IP day is like which may take longer....who knows.
I just should stop there because I know this is a debatable topic, but thats what groups do right? Lol debate, and hear other sides
You know, you are absolutely right that most people will not do the 0/0/0 once they hit maintenance. I never thought I would and have learned (and am learning!) to add things back into my diet in moderation.

Part of this plan is retraining your brain - a craving will not kill you and will eventually go away. I found once I hit maintenance that I don't even want most of the foods I ate before starting IP. I like fresh veggies, protein, etc. I was glad to add back some fruit, a few grains, dairy, etc., but after a year without them I found that having them in moderation was much easier.

I think we all can agree that if we don't learn better habits, moderation, etc. while we're losing the weight it does not bode well for being able to maintain. None of us got here because we had great self-control when it came to eating - eating what I wanted/thought I needed made me really fat.

And you're right - this is a highly debatable topic! Good, healthy conversations about what we're doing and why benefit us all!

P.S. I hate most WF stuff - only used the pancake syrup and Thousand Island dressing for Big Mac in a bowl. Just could not stomach any of the other stuff.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 167/160.4/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

If you (a generic you, not you specifically) can't be disciplined now, how are you going to deal with maintenance when you have to make consistently good choices to maintain all the benefits of the weight loss you just put so much work into?

Whether you're using alternatives or IP products, learning to not let your "inner brat" be in charge of the food is critical to long term success.

We're all adults and will do what we decide to do, but I think the most successful people here will pretty much all tell you the same thing.
I love this Ruth Ann! It is so true. My first time around, I figured if I did "cheat" with an IP food, it wasn't so bad but it really didn't teach me about self control when I would do that - I let my "inner brat" take over. I've learned that I cannot have the Proti-Diet Dream Bars in my home. I hope to be able to one day......just not now.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 167/160.4/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:

P.S. I hate most WF stuff - only used the pancake syrup and Thousand Island dressing for Big Mac in a bowl. Just could not stomach any of the other stuff.
I forgot to ask.....what is the Big Mac in a bowl? Sounds tasty!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #172  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvizz View Post
I love this Ruth Ann! It is so true. My first time around, I figured if I did "cheat" with an IP food, it wasn't so bad but it really didn't teach me about self control when I would do that - I let my "inner brat" take over. I've learned that I cannot have the Proti-Diet Dream Bars in my home. I hope to be able to one day......just not now.
Yep, some things just can't be around - they taste like "more". Yeah for you for figuring it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvizz View Post
I forgot to ask.....what is the Big Mac in a bowl? Sounds tasty!
Oh, it's super yummy! Let me see if I can find a link to the recipe or you can do a search for it.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #173  

Quote:
You know, you are absolutely right that most people will not do the 0/0/0 once they hit maintenance. I never thought I would and have learned (and am learning!) to add things back into my diet in moderation.

Part of this plan is retraining your brain - a craving will not kill you and will eventually go away. I found once I hit maintenance that I don't even want most of the foods I ate before starting IP. I like fresh veggies, protein, etc. I was glad to add back some fruit, a few grains, dairy, etc., but after a year without them I found that having them in moderation was much easier.

I think we all can agree that if we don't learn better habits, moderation, etc. while we're losing the weight it does not bode well for being able to maintain. None of us got here because we had great self-control when it came to eating - eating what I wanted/thought I needed made me really fat.

And you're right - this is a highly debatable topic! Good, healthy conversations about what we're doing and why benefit us all!

A craving will not kill me......Feeling a little hungry is not an emergency....I am practicing that mantra....... :-)
Old 05-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #174  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
Hello Everyone! I just discovered this forum and this is my first post. I am on day 3 today and so far so good. I am so motivated by reading all of your posts and the support here, in addition to the great ideas. Thank you all for sharing!
Welcome!!!

So I used my $10 Target coupon yesterday, so excited to get this screaming deal. Had a strawberry one for breakfast, very yummy!! Was excited to have learned about these easy, great tasting RTD drinks...then I looked at the ingredients...SOY ISOFLAVONES....uuuuggghhh....soy wreaks havoc on your health, especially women and soy isoflavones are even worse, terrible stuff for you. My husband and I will finish these off then stick with IP shakes (whey protein...mucho better). Are there any OP RTD drinks that anyone knows of that are whey protein?

Getting ready to cook up my rotini...it's just pasta, how do we eat this stuff? Plain? Oil and salt and pepper? I think I need to invest in an IP cook book.

Feeling better each and every day!!!!

Last edited by Julzfatnomore; 05-30-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Welcome!!!

So I used my $10 Target coupon yesterday, so excited to get this screaming deal. Had a strawberry one for breakfast, very yummy!! Was excited to have learned about these easy, great tasting RTD drinks...then I looked at the ingredients...SOY ISOFLAVONES....uuuuggghhh....soy wreaks havoc on your health, especially women and soy isoflavones are even worse, terrible stuff for you. My husband and I will finish these off then stick with IP shakes (whey protein...mucho better). Are there any OP RTD drinks that anyone knows of that are whey protein?

Getting ready to cook up my rotini...it's just pasta, how do we eat this stuff? Plain? Oil and salt and pepper? I think I need to invest in an IP cook book.

Feeling better each and every day!!!!
Yup agreed soy bad.

I got the anytime drinks from Nashua nutrition for my RTD.

And be sure to read labels on your IP products as well, many of them also have soy. I just bought some butterscotch pudding, forgetting it had soy. I will have to intersperse it carefully and not buy anymore

I don't use the pasta either, because I'm also gluten-free. But I have seen it made with some garlic olive oil, basil, and a bunch of vegetables

No need to spend the money on a cookbook. Just go to the first post of the daily chat and find all the links there

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-30-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #176  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yup agreed soy bad.

I got the anytime drinks from Nashua nutrition for my RTD.

And be sure to read labels on your IP products as well, many of them also have soy. I just bought some butterscotch pudding, forgetting it had soy. I will have to intersperse it carefully and not buy anymore

I don't use the pasta either, because I'm also gluten-free. But I have seen it made with some garlic olive oil, basil, and a bunch of vegetables

No need to spend the money on a cookbook. Just go to the first post of the daily chat and find all the links there
Thanks!

Last edited by Julzfatnomore; 05-30-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quest vs other alternative bars...

Someone a few pages back mentioned hating quest so "sticking just to IP for restricted bars."

There are TONS of non-IP bars that are almost identical to IP's (and NOTHING LIKE Quest bars.) personally I am so-so on Quest, but LOVE most if the bars I selected from Nashua Nutrition from the Proti Diet, Port Thin, Weightliss Systems and HealthSmart brands. I used the info in the first post of the Alternate Product thread as well as some of the additional info I posted a few posts after that to carefully select IP compatible bars.

They cost about $2 each and some are identical to IP and others are very close. Just select carefully by evaluating calories, fats, carbs, protein using the info on compatibility!

Last edited by JLUS; 05-30-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:19 PM   #178  

I have to stick,with quest or simply bars b/c I'm soy & gluten-free. Most bars have one or the other...
Old 05-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #179  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Big Mac in a bowl is just a big mac, no bun, in your bowl: "2 all beef patties, special sauce (thousand island dressing), lettuce, (NO cheese) pickles, onions, NO Sesame Seed bun." -- and I add tomatoes The ground beef is your measured amount -- can be hot or cold. The thousand island dressing and pickles is what makes it for me. DELISH! and very filling.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #180  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
In regards to adding things to protocol,*enter shifty eyes*I am debating whether or not even to comment.....oh well I guess.....Yes maybe when you first start IP go gungho on the straight and narrow, but if you plan on being on the plan for a long time (over 4 months ish) ...
Killer Kandy -- I love the "shifty eyes" comment and I know what you mean about the "debate" part. I'm really only trying to offer helpful advice to new people just starting and I think your advice to go the straight and narrow when they first start is as important as your comment to not get stressed about the diet. If we are here on the "just starting in May thread" I worry when people are tweaking the plan and making changes already.Learn the plan and "how and why" it works so when one makes changes it is with a good understanding of what affects those changes may have on the results. That's all I meant.

I still also think getting advice on the daily from the people who have been doing this longer is also still good advice. We have experts here to help us -- let's use their knowledge to foster success!
Closed Thread