Old 06-03-2014, 02:08 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvizz View Post
Fitmom02 - I'm with you on the emotional eating part. I had a stressful weekend and 'overindulged' in IP foods. I ate the rest of my bars (2) and a chocolate dream bar. I need to figure this part of everything out. It definitely could have been a lot worse. Weekends are certainly tougher than the weekdays!
I know that I would do the same thing! What I do is order one week at a time, then I rubber band my food for the day together and number them or you could put the day of the week on them and put them in the pantry. I take out my packet for the day and I know that is all I can eat.

I need structure!! If i had extra bars laying around I know that I would eat them.

It is good that you are at least eating IP foods and not junk food though...
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #62  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorthGirl View Post
Thanks IP43 I agree with Fit mom02-You are awesome!!I had to laugh about the yoga pants...now I will consider myself ready for sports when I put them on and giggle instead of feeling so fat and negative.
My hubby says my butt looks great in yoga pants no matter what size I am so i always think of them as my sexy pants!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:38 PM   #63  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I went to see a coach today and already I feel more accountable so it's probably a good thing for me. I bought the "chips" and I can see that I will have to watch those. They are not restricted and oh, so yummy. The bars make me want "more" so maybe if I switch to the chips it will be better. They are pretty salt and vinegarry -- I'd probably get a canker on my tongue if I ate more than one bag.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #64  

IP43 those pants sound like just what I need. Any idea about a brand name, perhaps I could order some on line? Definitely not ready to try to clothes shop yet...I need a pair that I feel not gross in for now. I am sure that would be encouraging.Thanks! I am feeling fearful of weighing in at the end of my first week maybe I will wait for another since I have been doing well and don't want to get upset if only lose a few lbs for a whole week of working so hard! It is that "mind thing" and I do not want to let it start working on me and derail my first positive steps forward. I did take a peek and the numbers are not moving like the first week I started before when I lost 7 or 8lbs! 2 days until my week is over and when I peeked only three lbs... I know I should be proud of getting through the week ...and I am, but wish I could have a bigger number which would help keep me going with more hope.
UpNorthGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #65  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorthGirl View Post
IP43 those pants sound like just what I need. Any idea about a brand name, perhaps I could order some on line?
I'm not sure of a brand name but I know they have them in Penningtons and Additionelle.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:25 PM   #66  

Thanks for the name of those stores,IP43, I will look on their websites!
UpNorthGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #67  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

KillerKandy, you pretty well wrote my post at the start of this. Work got super stressful, my mother passed on after a month long struggle in the hospital icu. Not excuses but reality I just folded for a year. You can swap my before after photos pretty much right now, though I didn't gain it all back it's close enough. I haven't updated anything for ticker or stats.
I was not going to post under this, my former self for embarrassment, but I see long time friends still here. I tried so many times to restart. This time it's not trying but doing. I'm on day six of restart. Before after of 2012 original start on profile.

Last edited by Halfagain; 06-08-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #68  
Diane on track July 2014

Yep Halfagain -- some of us still here again too! I wanted to change my ticker and start fresh but I'm glad I didn't. I think it's good to see people who have been here and been successful. We know we can do this. Just need to get 'er dun this time! Welcome back.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #69  
Diane on track July 2014

I just saw this on "pinterest" and it jumped out at me as perfect for this thread:
"Sometimes God redeems your story by surrounding you with people who need to hear your past so it doesn't become their future."

Wow. To all us 're-starters', our past frustration will be someone else's inspiration. Keep up the good work everyone, to get back on track and back in good health!
Old 06-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #70  

Half again & IP43

Although I never want to see my friends struggle, we all know it's a struggle no matter. As Ishbel has told us:
Being overweight is hard
Losing weight is hard
Maintenance is hard
Choose your hard.

Sounds like today we're picking this as our "hard"

I surely thought I'd be at goal long before now. My goal is normal BMI.
Our struggles are our own.
The nice thing is we don't have to be alone.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-09-2014 at 07:12 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:47 AM   #71  
Diane on track July 2014

What is going to be hard tomorrow is getting up for work! I can't sleep -- too much to do so brain is in overdrive. Thanks tho' Lisa for the support. Maybe I'll go to sleep and count my calories for tomorrow instead of sheep -- that will get me to 1000.... should feel some zzzz by then!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #72  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Half again & IP43

Although I never want to see my friends struggle, we all know it's a struggle no matter. As Ishbel has told us:
Being overweight is hard
Losing weight is hard
Maintenance is hard
Choose your hard.

Sounds like today we're picking this as our "hard"

I surely thought I'd be at goal long before now. My goal is normal BMI.
Our struggles are our own.
The nice thing is we don't have to be alone.
Thanks for the support, Lisa. You are a great example for sticking to the goal, even if life throws you some surprises.
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 219/197/150

I have gained and lost on so many diets...I truly understand. It seems like people look at me and wonder ...how long will she keep it off this time? LOL I am going to lose it and I will get through all phases. It seems like getting through all of the phases is what makes this a LIFESTYLE change!
PennyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #74  
Diane on track July 2014

Yes Penny -- "all the phases" is key. I'm an expert Phase 1-er. And and expert "re-starter".... I want to be an expert "maintainer"

I'm kind of playing mind games with myself a little bit too. I haven't told anyone at work that I'm back to IP as I don't want to hear/see/think the "you've been there and done that"... When I start looking smoking hot I may let people know I've been trying to lose weight, but until then, I'm staying low key. Is it fear of failure? I don't think so, but I'll have to let my brain dwell on that one a bit more.... I mentioned in another thread I walked around with wine in a glass at a party -- 95% empty glass -- just so no one asked me if I wanted any, or noticed I wasn't drinking.... I just wanted to 'blend' and not make a big deal of trying to lose weight again.

I get the summer off though, so I'm hoping when I go back in 2 months, it will be in several sizes smaller .... gotta have goals!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I keep thinking to myself if weightloss was meant to be easy everyone would be doing it. I try not to see it my successes as numbers on the scale anymore, but how much better I feel! I started my journey at 280lbs, with high BP, pre-diabetic, and unable to walk more then a few blocks without having to sit because of the pain in my hips. Now I am 100lbs lighter, no blood pressure or sugar problems, and can go for a 9km hike with my dogs and think nothing of it. Have I put some weight back on yes but this 25 lbs I have put back on in the past 10 months is just showing me that I am and always will be a work in progress. No one is perfect, change is not going to happen over night and all we can do is keep working to be who and what we want to be.

I knew the start again for me is to come back to the forms because the help and wisdom of so many others who are going through these struggles with me gives me strength and I hope I can give some back!
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote