Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
NSV- I was getting a shirt from work, we all bought shirts to support a friend with cancer who is going to San Diego in November for the 60 miles in 3 days walk. When I asked what the biggest size she had was she said XL and held it up, it looked huge so I bought a Large I haven't worn a large in forever, many of my shirts are 3xl... then someone else gave me some hoodies that are large and they fit. Yay for large!
Yay!!! I can't wait to fit in a large again!! My son bought me pjs for my birthday and they were 1x, I was embarrassed that he guessed my correct size! Next year he will have to buy me small!!! Ok well I'll be happy with medium!!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Nobody has any insight to my earlier quest for clarification on Muscle Milk Light?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1973 View Post
Nobody has any insight to my earlier quest for clarification on Muscle Milk Light?
I know lots of people use the ready made... Do not recall seeing any info on the powder. Did you review the ingredients to see if anything stands out?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I know lots of people use the ready made... Do not recall seeing any info on the powder. Did you review the ingredients to see if anything stands out?
I just looked and it looks fine if you use one scoop.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:43 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

[QUOTE=Kellyc14;5008145]Old habits die hard. I think I zoned out while cooking dinner tonight, I made meatloaf, wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and put parm cheese in it, so I ate a turkey burger instead and served the meat loaf to the family. Also while making the ketchup/powdered mustard topping I almost licked the spoon, then I almost took a bite of it when it was done. I would have been mad if I unintentionally did that!

Way to go on catching yourself!!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:46 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Just had my first WI at home... I'm down 5lbs!!!
WOOT!! WOOT!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:47 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Yay!!!!!!!
I have my first WI tomorrow!!
Excited to hear your results!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:49 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8by48 View Post
Good Afternoon everyone! Well I am soooooo glad I hung in there yesterday because I hopped on the scale this morning and (unofficially) I am down 4.5lbs! I can't believe it! But it makes me happy that I didn't cave in to eating things I shouldn't yesterday. I got started on the weekend (Sunday), so I am thinking that 4lbs in just 4 days it probably only going to happen this first week, and I am okay with that.

So far, I am really loving being back on IP!

GR-8
That is awesome! While it may only happen this week, that is an awesome loss!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:50 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I just realized that I have been walking past a box of doughnuts all day and it hasn't phased me one bit!! That's major!! a week ago I would have eaten a couple of them by now and if I didn't I would be obsessing over them!!
Great self control!! Keep it up!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:54 AM   #85  

Quote:
NSV- I was getting a shirt from work, we all bought shirts to support a friend with cancer who is going to San Diego in November for the 60 miles in 3 days walk. When I asked what the biggest size she had was she said XL and held it up, it looked huge so I bought a Large I haven't worn a large in forever, many of my shirts are 3xl... then someone else gave me some hoodies that are large and they fit. Yay for large!
It is always nice noticing the sizes go down! Way to go!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

JLUS, thank you! I had thought there was something bad about it, but the numbers and ingredients seem to check out. I wonder how satisfying/filling one scoop would be. Trying to decide between that and the Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie. I love the taste of the Syntrax, but even with a cup of spinach blended, it doesn't satiate me. Thinking that I could add mint leaves to the muscle milk light if it is thicker.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #87  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1973 View Post
I went to the Vitamin Shop yesterday and noticed they have Muscle Milk Light powder. I didn't buy it because even though the numbers look right, I think someone here mentioned there is a problem with it. Can someone clarify? What I would like to do is mix it with some real spearmint or peppermint leaves and spinach, and hope to get a thicker consistency to a shake than the Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie would.

Thoughts?
Hi zephyr, that's a great idea to use a powder to get the desired consistency. I've used Muscle Milk whey powder (in P4) and also rtd Muscle Milk Lite. The only issue I've had is that both products are much sweeter than IP vanilla rtds. That can trigger sweet cravings. If you are mixing with spinach and/or mint, it might not be an issue. Good luck
Old 05-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #88  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Default Vacation planning - what would you do?

Getting excited for the three day weekend! It is much needed on my end.

So I could use some input. My BF and I want to plan a trip in the fall, second week of October or so, to go to Kentucky to do the Bourbon Trail and visit all of the distilleries. We'd also hit Nashville and the Great Smoky Mountains on our trip. I keep telling myself that I'll probably be done with the diet by October, but I know that the last 20 pounds or so can take longer to come off than the first 20. I also don't want to go on vacation right after I hit maintenance if I do lose everything by then (my ticker goal is 175 but I think my ultimate goal will be about 155).

If I go on this trip I definitely want to at least do the bourbon tastings. I'd love to be able to taste some great southern food too, but that's less of a priority for me. I'm wondering if I should just postpone this trip until the spring when I will much more likely be totally done with IP? I'm in a pickle because I really need to start booking things asap. I know I could phase off and hop back on after the trip, but I've heard people have a hard time getting back on the wagon after phasing off temporarily. What would you do?
Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
I haven't changed a lot on pants size, my butt/hips are not budging as fast as the rest of me. I was wearing 18s-22's now I'm wearing 16's solidly, 18's are too big. But my shirt sizes have mad a giant leap, I've lost quite a lot in the waist and enough in the breast area.
I am laughing when I read this, Amber, because you and I must be related somehow! I started higher than you, but my loss is similar to yours. I can easily get into most mediums now as far as the top goes...invested in some good 'ole underwire padded! My waist is going way down in inches towards to mid 30's.

But the rear area and thighs are still hanging in. I am down to most 14's in trousers and skirts but they are still a bit snug. Looking for the day when I can fit into a 12 as I have not been that is literally decades.....

Hang in there- you are on your way to Onederland and that is sooooo exciting. What a journey you have been on.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Pishposh- I have not been on IP very long, so I am sure that there is more advice out there for you.

The only thing I have come across in my research that you want to be careful with alcohol. I have read that drinking alcohol on P1 could potentially throw your body into hypoglycemia and make you feel terrible if not worse. If it were me, I would plan to phase off before the trip and then make a date to get back on P1.
Closed Thread