Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #46  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadan View Post
Good Morning! Today is my first official day on IP. A friend used it last year and lost bunches of weight but stopped because of the expense. We are both starting today using alternative products. I have spent the weekend researching and reading threads so think I am prepared! LOL Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Welcome. This is a great place for support, advice and encouragement.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #47  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
I had such a fabulous weekend that I have to share because I am near to bursting with excitement. We went shopping for my birthday yesterday. I started out in the Women's department at Macy's but found that most of the clothes were too big for me. I worked up all my nerve to go to the Misses department, where I ended up buying clothes that fit me! Then I went to Coldwater Creek where I bought a dress in a size 14! I am floating on air today! (Floating in a nearly new outfit - a new top from Macy's and a pair of dressy capri pants I haven't worn in almost 6 years.)
How exciting! That is definitely worth sharing and celebrating.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #48  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Okay - if both Lisa and IP43 say it, then I would do what they say.
I appreciate your vote of confidence RuthAnn but I go with Lisa over what I say 100% of the time LOL
Old 05-19-2014, 07:23 PM   #49  
Started IP 5/6/12

Weigh-in today. Another 3.8 pounds gone forever!

Old 05-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #50  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Thanks ladies!! I have to purchase a kitchen scale because I have no idea how much 8oz is. I have heard the size of your palm, or a deck of cards, but I'd like to be precise.
Yep - you do need a scale. It's bigger than you think! The "deck of cards" is a rule of thumb for a smaller amount (probably 4-6 oz I would guess)
When I measure out a chicken breast, usually 8 oz is one and then some of another. That's why it's easy to split it up. Have the one at dinner and the "leftover chunks" on the salad at lunch or something.

8 oz. is a good size of meat. You won't be hungry!
Old 05-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #51  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Default So I made it through

...the first day! Waiting for dinner to finish in the oven but it's chicken leg quarters, rice & salad for the family, and brussels sprouts for me. It went easier than I thought, and the only hang up I had was that after I finished my lunch veggies (about 3c romaine lettuce with chopped celery, mushrooms, onions and crushed egg), I didn't feel like having my shake! I actually waited about an hour and drank it at 3 o'clock, to sustain me on my commute home.

So first question of this post is, was that OK? If not, then I need to start making smaller salads for lunch, lol,

Second question for this post, is it OK to drink broth? I use this stuff called "better than boullion" and I just love it! I love having a nice warm something to drink mid-morning at work. Thinking that it will be a nice thing to sip on the evening if I need something.

Thanks!

GR-8
~journey on~
Old 05-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

My poor DH - I made a salad for dinner and topped it with the left over steak from last night, I added cheese, egg, and croutons to dh's thinking that would be enough food for him... :-( it wasn't. Poor thing. He works outside all day, he needs a hearty meal for dinner. I'm going to have to do better. I just need to find meals that I can tweak for him so I'm not making two separate dishes.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #53  

Default Beck Diet Solution

May 19, 2014 - Monday Motivation

You can’t undo any eating from the past, you can only control what you do eat in the future so there’s no point in berating yourself for past mistakes. Instead, focus on what you can do to make TODAY’s eating a success and you will feel so glad that you did.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #54  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8by48 View Post
...the first day! ....

So first question of this post is, was that OK? If not, then I need to start making smaller salads for lunch, lol,

Second question for this post, is it OK to drink broth? I use this stuff called "better than boullion" and I just love it! Thanks!

GR-8
~journey on~
It doesn't matter if you break up your food a bit if that helps you out. 4:00 for me is "danger time" - I could eat a horse (which is protein I guess!) so having your shake then is fine IMO

Bouillion usually has a lot of salt so I would check that. If it's 0/0/0 and no sodium, go for it! For most of us, that = "tea"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
My poor DH - I made a salad for dinner and topped it with the left over steak from last night, I added cheese, egg, and croutons to dh's thinking that would be enough food for him... :-( it wasn't. Poor thing. He works outside all day, he needs a hearty meal for dinner. I'm going to have to do better. I just need to find meals that I can tweak for him so I'm not making two separate dishes.
"Poor hubby" is getting a hot wife out of the deal so don't feel too badly for him -- and the meal looked pretty delish to me! LOL. He can help you out by adding what he needs. If worse comes to worse, have a can of potatoes that he could quickly nuke or fry up in a pinch. You could also cook pasta or rice and freeze portions. That type of carb heats up quickly once cooked, so he could "top up" his carbs if he works out and needs more carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

You can’t undo any eating from the past, you can only control what you do eat in the future so there’s no point in berating yourself for past mistakes. Instead, focus on what you can do to make TODAY’s eating a success and you will feel so glad that you did.
Thanks Lisa -- it's a great thought for today! (and everyday!)

Last edited by IP43; 05-19-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8by48 View Post

Second question for this post, is it OK to drink broth? I use this stuff called "better than boullion" and I just love it! I love having a nice warm something to drink mid-morning at work. Thinking that it will be a nice thing to sip on the evening if I need something.

Thanks!

GR-8
~journey on~
Check that it is 0/0/0 (0 fat/0carbs/0sugar). You won't be able to get sodium free, but many bullions are lower sodium. Just watch your salt in take and also be aware if you feel bloated, puffy, etc. It can cause water retention if you are sodium sensitive. You may be better off alternating days with a flavorful hot tea and phasing away from the bullion.

IP does give you an overall much lower sodium in take than most any eating plans, which is one reason we add the salt.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #56  
Diane on track July 2014

Well I'm celebrating a "future NSV" for me. I actually have not been 100% OP lately, and I'm not gaining weight. I have been in "re-commitment" anxiety for awhile as I lost and regained and have been hesitant to re-start again and go through that cycle all over. For me, NOT gaining back over the past 2 weeks is showing me that what I'm doing now will work as a maintenance plan. It was a thrill to see the scale NOT moving if that makes sense. SO back to 100% again tomorrow to get the weight loss moving again. I know I can take it off, and now I also know I'll be able to keep it off.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Well I'm celebrating a "future NSV" for me. I actually have not been 100% OP lately, and I'm not gaining weight. I have been in "re-commitment" anxiety for awhile as I lost and regained and have been hesitant to re-start again and go through that cycle all over. For me, NOT gaining back over the past 2 weeks is showing me that what I'm doing now will work as a maintenance plan. It was a thrill to see the scale NOT moving if that makes sense. SO back to 100% again tomorrow to get the weight loss moving again. I know I can take it off, and now I also know I'll be able to keep it off.
Glad you are re-committing IP43... Just remember, if you are going to 'practice maintenance' it's better to do so when quite close to goal rather than at the beginning of the journey . I am sure you will do fine, just jump right back in and get going with it. There is no need to go through a cycle again. The cycling is actually your own choice, and you can choose this time to NOT go through it. *drill sergeant voice* lol

You go, girl!
Liana
Old 05-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #58  

Ip43- I understand what you are saying!!! If you look up "yo-yo" my picture pops up. I've lost over 100 lbs last year- to bad it was the same 10lbs!! Gain, loose, etc...

Lisa- I love the motivational sayings!!!

You gals rock!!

HOW DO YOU MAKE SMILEY FACES????? I'm on my ipad....
Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #59  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Lisa, you are so awesome! As I spent time here yesterday reading and refreshing, one thing that kept popping into my mind was "there goes that Lisa lady again, encouraging, advising and cheering on"! You put such effort into this group, and I as one of the newest members of the group just want to say a huge THANK YOU!!!

Winding down for the night; I'm full and happy and I did it *right* today!

Good night all!

GR-8
Old 05-19-2014, 10:05 PM   #60  

I agree with Gr-8, Lisa you are awesome!! A few people stood out to me while going through the posts- thank you all for taking the time to post recipes, motivational stories, supporting comments and feedback, and so much more!! And most of all for welcoming us newbies!!!

I am Sooooo happy to have found this place!!!!
Closed Thread