Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7

I know there are lots of posts on the Premier Protein Shakes 30g of protein...I see some saying they use them have no problems and some saying they are too high in protein and may slow weight loss. Do you think one a day is horrible? I'd love to hear others experiences with using this shake...

Premier Protein Info: Calories 160 Total Fat 3 g Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 340 mg, Potassium 500 mg Total Carbohydrate 5g Protein 30 g

I'm trying to determine the best shakes for me to use... I love the IP powder but trying to save money...

I'd like to stay with Whey protein shakes....

What is your opinion of the Syntrax Nectar Sweets Chocolate Truffle protein powder which has 23g of protein. It looks like it has good reviews on amazon... Just wondering if people have used this successfully on alternatives and also taste.

Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Info: Calories: 25 Total Fat 0g Cholesterol 0g, Sodium 40 mg, Potassium 50mg, Total Carb 0g, Protein 23g.

Thanks everyone!!
Old 05-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahEileen View Post
I know there are lots of posts on the Premier Protein Shakes 30g of protein...I see some saying they use them have no problems and some saying they are too high in protein and may slow weight loss. Do you think one a day is horrible? I'd love to hear others experiences with using this shake...

Premier Protein Info: Calories 160 Total Fat 3 g Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 340 mg, Potassium 500 mg Total Carbohydrate 5g Protein 30 g

I'm trying to determine the best shakes for me to use... I love the IP powder but trying to save money...

What is your opinion of the Syntrax Nectar Sweets Chocolate Truffle protein powder which has 23g of protein. It looks like it has good reviews on amazon... Just wondering if people have used this successfully on alternatives and also taste.

Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Info: Calories: 25 Total Fat 0g Cholesterol 0g, Sodium 40 mg, Potassium 50mg, Total Carb 0g, Protein 23g.

Thanks everyone!!
I think 30 G protein is too much since IP isn't a high protein diet. There are plenty of options with half that amount. Nashua makes one that is the same as the IP RTD: Protithin anytime drink

re syntrax nectar. I like it. It is very thin so I prefer the fruity drinks that are naturally thin. I like my chocolate thicker.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #33  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Thanks everyone!!
The pure protein RTD I get at walmart in canada are 23 grams of protein. I have just started trying them on weekends only for convenience so not sure if it is slowing me down yet
Old 05-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I think 30 G protein is too much since IP isn't a high protein diet. There are plenty of options with half that amount. Nashua makes one that is the same as the IP RTD: Protithin anytime drink

re syntrax nectar. I like it. It is very thin so I prefer the fruity drinks that are naturally thin. I like my chocolate thicker.
I saw people said the Protithin tasted like the IP RTD (I've never had that one)... but it's still a little up there in price... I was hoping to find something a little less expensive. Do you have one that tastes awesome and is thicker? (I agree, I like thicker)...
Old 05-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
This may be buried somewhere in another thread, but has anyone tasted the Quest Pasta? Any good?
I tried this and found it very "fishy" smelling and gross....
Old 05-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #36  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

I have a question about the Evolve RTD Strawberry by Muscle Milk. Just as I was thinking of starting to add in some alternatives, I found these on clearance and decided to buy them. The calories, fat and protein all are within the limits for an unrestricted, but it has 8 net carbs (total carbs 13, with 5 g of fiber). I know that this is within the limits for an unrestricted, but I also know some count 8 carbs as restricted. Has anyone else used these shakes and counted them as an unrestricted?
Old 05-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
I have a question about the Evolve RTD Strawberry by Muscle Milk. Just as I was thinking of starting to add in some alternatives, I found these on clearance and decided to buy them. The calories, fat and protein all are within the limits for an unrestricted, but it has 8 net carbs (total carbs 13, with 5 g of fiber). I know that this is within the limits for an unrestricted, but I also know some count 8 carbs as restricted. Has anyone else used these shakes and counted them as an unrestricted?
I looked for "Evolve" on the Muscle Milk site and could not find it. The RTDs that came in strawberry that I saw also were a bit high in calories/calories from fat. Maybe post those stats too for yours. I know most people use Muscle Milk Lite Sugar Free or the MM 100s.

8 carbs is considered unrestricted, but as you know some do go with that as a restricted for themselves. (FYI - IP chocolate drink mix is 9 carbs and still considered unrestricted, but definitely high!) You may have to try the 8 carbs and see how it works with your losses. I think you will be okay if the other stats are on the lower side.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I looked for "Evolve" on the Muscle Milk site and could not find it. The RTDs that came in strawberry that I saw also were a bit high in calories/calories from fat. Maybe post those stats too for yours. I know most people use Muscle Milk Lite Sugar Free or the MM 100s.
It has 110 calories, 2.5 g of fat, 12 g of protein and no aspartame. I think maybe they are being discontinued which is why they were on clearance. I didn't know that about the IP chocolate drink - that makes me feel better about this one. Thanks!

Last edited by Peppertree; 05-27-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 167/160.4/135

Height: 5'6

Just a little something I thought I would share that I did my first time on IP and it worked well. On the days I would workout, I would have the Proti diet oatmeal mixed with egg whites, then used my non stick pan. It tasted a bit like a pancake and it was a welcome change.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #40  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Default Coupon Alert

Target is giving $10 off a $30 purchase of health drinks & bars.

I just bought six 4-packs of EAS Shakes for $22.94, $1.15 each (Strawberry, Vanilla or Dark Chocolate).

Chocolate Fudge is cheaper and comes out to $1.00 each!

It's an e-coupon. Text HEALTH4 to Target at 827-438 and it will download to your smart phone.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #41  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
I saw people said the Protithin tasted like the IP RTD (I've never had that one)... but it's still a little up there in price... I was hoping to find something a little less expensive. Do you have one that tastes awesome and is thicker? (I agree, I like thicker)...
If you're talking about a thick chocolate RTD shake, I would suggest trying EAS carb advantage Chocolate Fudge drink. I like it A LOT more than the chocolate RTD IP drink (IMO...very fudgy without weird aftertaste). With that Target coupon, you can get them for $1 a piece! My hubby bought a pack of EAS carb advantage Vanilla powder for about $25 which is quite good also.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 200/146/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProtein14 View Post
Good Morning. I have been flirting with the idea of alternative products. I have been on IP since 2/7/14 and lost 47 pounds. I finally decided to put in an order to nashua today after reading the same forum for over a month. It takes me time to take a plunge and take a chance. I ordered

Restricted:
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Greek Yogurt Delight

Unrestricted:
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - Chipotle
HealthSmart Pancakes - Golden Delicious
Proti-Thin Soup - Chicken Noodle
ProtiDiet Omelette - Bacon & Cheese

I didn't take advantage of the free shipping over 99 yet because I want to make sure I like them. I did use the MAY14 code for a discount. I will let you know how it tastes once I get the food.

I am nervous about this but I gotta try it. My coach said I will be on phase one until I reach 130 pounds so it's longer than I anticipated and my wallet needs a break.
I have to say that I loved all the products I bought above except for the chicken noodle. Very bland no matter how much seasoning I put in. Also the chipotle chips are so awesome. I LOVE spicy hot foods and these chips definitely made my nose run .

I have noticed a little drawback. I am hungry. I haven't been hungry like this since February. On the IP foods I was satisfied with food and didn't think of it and all of a sudden I am back to square one. Has this happened to anyone else when using alternative food.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #43  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Everyone: Protithin products are 10% off this week when you use the Promo code PT10. If you ever want to know what a given weeks sale intails you can go to the homepage and scroll down to the left where you will see under Categories Weekly Sale & Discounts.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #44  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
I was using the HealthSmart Chocolite whey protein powder in both chocolate and PB, and I would blend the 2 together (1 scoop of each) with 10 oz of water, some frozen spinach (good way to get your veggies!) and 3 ice cubes... it was creamy & delish! 2 scoops = 24 grams of protein, which I think is fine.

You can purchase the HealthSmart protein powder for a decent price on www.Netrition.com ($12.99 for 15 oz.). It is sweetened with Sucralose.

Because I wanted to cut out a lot of the Sucralose I was eating, I now mix 1 scoop of the HealthSmart Chocolite PB protein powder with 1/2 a scoop of Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Whey Gold Standard Chocolate Protein Powder (no Sucralose). This comes out to 24 grams of protein, as well.

ON does make a whey protein powder that is sweetened with Sucralose, and it is the same price, but it comes in a lot more sizes and flavors. The ON Gold Standard Protein Powders aren't real expensive, but they're not the cheapest, either. You can get the Natural whey protein powder on Netrition.com for $29.99 for 2 lbs and $57.99 for 5 lbs. The Sucralose-sweetened powder comes in sizes ranging from 1 lb ($16.49) to 10 lbs ($111.99). I'm sure you could find it cheaper if you look around, tho

Good luck!

Last edited by karkrazy13; 06-03-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Thinking of switching from IP to alternatives

I know there is nothing "magic" about IP products. Can any of you relay info on things you noticed about making the switch to alternatives from IP? Other than the obvious financial benefits? Slow downs in losses, accountability to yourself since no more clinic visits, etc? Since my losses have slowed down, I'm not getting the bang for my buck that I was in the beginning and if I am going to be on this for another 4-5 months I'm thinking of going the alternative route for the remainder of my time on the diet.
Closed Thread