3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   WooHoo!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295818-woohoo.html)

Agilechick 05-15-2014 04:39 PM

WooHoo!!!!!

Hey y'all!

Had to share a NSV!!!! I've been on IP since 12/26. At times, I've been frustrated because my weight loss has always been on the slower side (and I'm pretty active... so it doesn't make sense to me). But I've stuck with it because I didn't like feeling miserable.

Up to now, I've been making do with some of the smaller clothes in my closet. I bought some new shorts yesterday -- the first time I haven't bought plus size clothes in I couldn't tell you how long!!!!!!!!!!! and not an xxl or xl, but a L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now really pumped to continue on this journey and get to goal.

AgileChick

JLUS 05-15-2014 04:43 PM

WOOT WOOT - I remember how excited I was when I bought my first non-plus size in twenty some years!!

WAY TO GO!!!

Deana509 05-15-2014 04:44 PM

I can totally relate! That is so exciting! Congrats!

bluegingham 05-16-2014 07:05 AM

Super, duper congrats! I have been "shopping" in my closet so far, but you've inspired me to check out some smaller sizes in the stores!

Agilechick 05-16-2014 10:03 PM

Do it Blue Gingham! I was pleasantly surprised and it was a needed boost.

Brandis 05-16-2014 10:19 PM

There are few things in a weight loss journey that can compare to smaller clothing-congratulations!!!

Mitsu23 05-17-2014 12:14 AM

Good for you I can only imagine how good that made you feel.
Keep up the good work

livinthelife 05-17-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agilechick (Post 5004600)
Hey y'all!

Had to share a NSV!!!! I've been on IP since 12/26. At times, I've been frustrated because my weight loss has always been on the slower side (and I'm pretty active... so it doesn't make sense to me). But I've stuck with it because I didn't like feeling miserable.

Up to now, I've been making do with some of the smaller clothes in my closet. I bought some new shorts yesterday -- the first time I haven't bought plus size clothes in I couldn't tell you how long!!!!!!!!!!! and not an xxl or xl, but a L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now really pumped to continue on this journey and get to goal.

AgileChick

Awesome job! I love the freedom of regular size clothes. So many more options. I'm still nervous about wearing shorts though. I do capris and skirts but only as short as right above the knee. Once I get my legs more toned and I get another 10 or 15 lbs off, I think I will feel better.

Ruth Ann 05-17-2014 11:31 AM

I hear you guys on the shorts! I think capris are a much better choice for me - nice light summery ones. My niece has been cleaning out her closet and giving me a ton of clothes - much of it I would never wear but it's fun seeing if it will fit! She gave me a pair of Daisy Dukes and I discovered that just because something fits, does not mean I should wear it! Into the give away bag they went!

Ruth Ann 05-17-2014 11:39 AM

Yeah schenectady - 21 year old thighs and 51 year old thighs really require different clothing! I was proud of myself that I could put them on though.

Frenchy71 05-17-2014 07:35 PM

Congratulations ! It feels good doesn't it ? I gave all my "fat" clothes away and I am now a size 12-14 depending on the clothes compared to a size 20 ! Ideal Protein saved my life ! I started July 15, 2013 and I cried when I saw my before and after pic ! I'm so very grateful ! You guys are amazing .... Good luck to all of you !

bluegingham 05-18-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 5005540)
...just because something fits, does not mean I should wear it!

Thank you, Ruth Ann, for your words of wisdom...

Yesterday, as I slipped on a single-digit-sized pair of shorts for the first time in my life; the same thought ran through my head. These shorts fit, but the public should not see them... yet! Maybe in a few weeks, LOL!

kbaggy 05-18-2014 11:59 PM

Congratulations! Great Job!