3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295808-ip-daily-chat.html)

lisa32989 05-15-2014 06:49 AM

IP Daily Chat

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

mainemum 05-15-2014 06:57 AM

Haha! Whoopsie - I tried to post replies in yesterday's thread, just as it was being closed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5004032)
I say buy as lean as you can enjoy/manage - why eat hidden fat when you can have leaner meat and add yummy stuff like avocado, nuts, mayo, or full fat cheeses and higher fat yogourts.
I buy ground buffalo - which is so lean I usually have to add oil to the pan if I don't get juicy veggies/other liquids in there quick or it sticks & burns, lol. It does make it hard to brown without ruining it. I am not sure what the percentage actually is but due to the nature of the beast - it's pretty darn lean...

Liana

Thanks for your feedback! I'm looking forward to maintenance when I can add back some of those higher-fat goodies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5004064)
I've used both lean and extra lean beef at least once a week and I don't feel it has made a difference. My DH does not like when I go the extra lean route

Thanks! I have been cooking my meals apart from my family's meals, but raising the fat just a bit would probably widen my options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 5004067)
I think you are safe to go back to the slightly less lean... Especially since you are only eating it once per week. In fact, sometimes when people post their losses are slowing and their menu is almost all chicken and fish, we encourage them to add in a little "fattier" meat once a week or do. Almost always gets things going again! A nice steak or burger can be very satisfying and helpful!

Thank you! I've been happy with my losses, but I'm only one month in... I'd like to keep the scale moving down if I can. I'm glad to know that a bit of extra fat might keep things moving along.

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 5004112)
Last time I did IP, I got ground sirloin 93/7 ratio and lost consistently. I needed that bit of fat in the meat and really don't think it made a difference in my weight loss. I'll be using that again.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear from those who have been here before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5004206)
Since most folks asking questions in the chat are P1, they can't have many of the items listed that are only okay for maintenance.

But, regarding the original question, I say get what you'll eat. We all have different tastes. 95% is probably fine. If you're adding oil to meat, you might as well have the fat IN it, if that is what you like better.

I buy my meats from a local grass fed/finished farm. She only has one grind of ground beef. I've not asked what % fat it is but I managed to lose 90 lbs eating it! I am not at all a fan of ground poultry. I never used it. I have also purchased ground bison & mixed it with other ground meats for meatballs.

Again, I say get what you'll eat. You're going to be on P1 for a long time, like I was. It doesn't have to be all dry meats you don't enjoy. I do a LOT of cooking meat with other vegetables for moisture and flavor. It is essential to find ways to make meals you like, otherwise you'll be looking for excuses.

Although fats are limited on IP, more and more research is showing that "we" got too fat phobic and it has caused more health problems than the actual fat did. During P1, I had days I made sure I only had 1 tsp oil (from the 1-2) because I was eating a fattier meat. Some folks even reported having a good steak once per week HELPED with weight loss, rather than hurting it.

Thanks for your help. I'm absolutely looking at this as a long term thing... I think I'll go back to the slightly higher fat meat once in a while. I think it will make things a bit more bearable in the long run.

AmberLS 05-15-2014 08:08 AM

Good morning. Only 4 more days of class left!! Of course I still have 14 days until my last day of work, but 5 of those are weekends and Memorial day! So 4 class days, 9 work days and then FREEDOM! Not only freedom from work but I only have 2 more papers to write for my degree and they will be done around the same time!!! The light at the end of this long tunnel is shining bright!

zephyr1973 05-15-2014 08:11 AM

Today is Day 4 of my reboot.

I just had a glass half filled with decaf and half filled with a Syntrax Nectar sample - chocolate truffle. I also added a few cubes of ice and an ounce of skim. It was tasty, but not as thick as I would prefer. I'm trying to get up the nerve to try the spinach shake I've read about here - anyone have any tips/suggestions?

Today will be a good day. I will stay 100% OP because anything less is just cheating myself out of the promise of a healthy body that I don't want to hide with big clothes. I found some older pictures of me from this time last year, and I was horrified as to how big I was. And it wasn't even at my worst.

My worst (and the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back) was in July last year: My son turned six at the end of July, and to celebrate, I met family at our lake house in VA. My son asked me to get in the water with him, and I was not going to deny his wish - he has no idea about my body issues, and I didn't want to disappoint him. I was wearing a bathing suit in a size 16 - the largest size I ever bought or wore. Getting IN the lake was easy. I just climbed DOWN the stairs off the dock. We had a lovely time swimming and playing. When it came time to get out, however, I thought I was going to need someone to litteraly pull me up - I was so fat, I couldn't put my foot on the first step to begin my ascent! I was mortified. I felt the full impact of my weight that day. And that was the day I decided I HAD to lose weight. Now, mind you, I was supposed to lose weight due to a physical condition that could cause me to lose my eyesight if I didn't slim down, but I was "too busy" to deal with the complications of a diet (my prior experience being WW). But, that day at the lake, feeling like I belonged in a New Yorker magazine cartoon, THAT was my tipping point.

I'm not sure why I was compelled to share that this morning, but my apologies if this was the wrong place to share it. :)

srbj 05-15-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 5004310)
Good morning. Only 4 more days of class left!! Of course I still have 14 days until my last day of work, but 5 of those are weekends and Memorial day! So 4 class days, 9 work days and then FREEDOM! Not only freedom from work but I only have 2 more papers to write for my degree and they will be done around the same time!!! The light at the end of this long tunnel is shining bright!

Looks like you will be celebrating soon. :dancer::dancer::dancer:

srbj 05-15-2014 08:15 AM

Before starting IP I drank a lot of diet coke, like 2 to 3 large fountain ones a day. I am surprised that after a week and a half on IP I am not missing the diet coke. Although I do miss a glass of wine in the evening :cheers:

Ruth Ann 05-15-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyr1973 (Post 5004312)

Today will be a good day. I will stay 100% OP because anything less is just cheating myself out of the promise of a healthy body that I don't want to hide with big clothes. I found some older pictures of me from this time last year, and I was horrified as to how big I was. And it wasn't even at my worst.

My worst (and the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back) was in July last year:... But, that day at the lake, feeling like I belonged in a New Yorker magazine cartoon, THAT was my tipping point.

I'm not sure why I was compelled to share that this morning, but my apologies if this was the wrong place to share it. :)

:hug: This is exactly the right place to share that story. It's so hard to face up to the fact that our weight is out of control and when we do it is just gut wrenching sometimes. Good for you for taking charge and being determined to do something about it!

I know that for many years I just avoided really looking at myself or at pictures of me. You know the "I don't look that bad... the camera angle was wrong." Like there is a good camera angle when you are very short and very fat. :dizzy: I think recognizing the issue, deciding to do something about it and then actually doing it is the hardest part of losing weight. Once your brain is in the "I will do this" place, the rest kind of falls in place (not that it's always easy!).

NaeNae2113 05-15-2014 09:01 AM

Good Morning All
I had my 4th weigh in yesterday and lost 0 lbs but I did lose 3 inches. I have read on here that this sometimes happens in the 4 or 5 weeks. I did add restricted bars last week, they were really good so I had one every night. Not sure if this had anything to do with not losing any weight. I am not going to have any restricted foods this week to see if they higher carbs are a problem for me. I did lose 3 inches so I know this is working!!

PepperTown 05-15-2014 09:16 AM

Good Morning!
My scale tells me I lost again this morning, but I'm having a WI and speaking to my coach this afternoon!!! Wish me luck.
My question to you would be, where can I find the FAQ on alternative products? I've searched but...:(
Thank you in advance.

schenectady 05-15-2014 09:46 AM

Right place

Quote:

I found some older pictures of me from this time last year, and I was horrified as to how big I was. And it wasn't even at my worst.

My worst (and the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back) was in July last year: My son turned six at the end of July, and to celebrate, I met family at our lake house in VA. My son asked me to get in the water with him, and I was not going to deny his wish - he has no idea about my body issues, and I didn't want to disappoint him. I was wearing a bathing suit in a size 16 - the largest size I ever bought or wore. Getting IN the lake was easy. I just climbed DOWN the stairs off the dock. We had a lovely time swimming and playing. When it came time to get out, however, I thought I was going to need someone to litteraly pull me up - I was so fat, I couldn't put my foot on the first step to begin my ascent! I was mortified. I felt the full impact of my weight that day. And that was the day I decided I HAD to lose weight. Now, mind you, I was supposed to lose weight due to a physical condition that could cause me to lose my eyesight if I didn't slim down, but I was "too busy" to deal with the complications of a diet (my prior experience being WW). But, that day at the lake, feeling like I belonged in a New Yorker magazine cartoon, THAT was my tipping point.

zephyr- Ruth Ann is correct about it being OK to share. It is important to have a safe place to work through this entire journey. Getting to understand HOW we got to our highest weight may help us avoid the round trip back.

The denial of size was a huge thing for me as well. I was waaaay up there weight-wise and was clueless. I knew the number but my brain never properly translated that into a true picture of how I looked, how big that really was.

I saw a picture of myself at a family gathering after my mother's death and I was stunned. My face was big and round and red and I looked as if I could play lineback for a pro football team. There was nothing attractive or cute or healthy about it. I try to keep that picture in the forefront of my mind so that I never go back there.

srbj 05-15-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 (Post 5004346)
Good Morning All
I had my 4th weigh in yesterday and lost 0 lbs but I did lose 3 inches. I have read on here that this sometimes happens in the 4 or 5 weeks. I did add restricted bars last week, they were really good so I had one every night. Not sure if this had anything to do with not losing any weight. I am not going to have any restricted foods this week to see if they higher carbs are a problem for me. I did lose 3 inches so I know this is working!!

3 inches is great!!:cheer2::cheer3:

PepperTown 05-15-2014 10:52 AM

I've recently returned to the board! :)
Why is my S/C/G weight different from my ticker weight? What did I do wrong???

Kat360 05-15-2014 11:21 AM

Day 5 and in the Hospital

Yesterday at work i started to feel the worst back pain heart birn and pains in my stomach.. i went to the ER after work it was that bad. So I have a abscess infection in my small intestine that luckily they wont have to do surgery which on sicker less healthy people they would. So they will pumping me with antibiotics to treat it... They are going to keep me a couple days to treat and monitor. :/ no food or water everything will be though IV blahhhh... Luckily they do not connect it to my new ideal protein diet. Down side is I may miss my 1st weigh in on Saturday :(. On my scale at home yesterday I was down 4 so at least I WAS on the right path..

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar027...0/150/230/.png

CO_6 05-15-2014 11:24 AM

I know cheese is not allowed in P1, but I was wondering how no cheese was explained to those with coaches? I have read that it is a keto friendly food, is it the fat content?

Thank you!

PepperTown 05-15-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat360 (Post 5004426)
Yesterday at work i started to feel the worst back pain heart birn and pains in my stomach.. i went to the ER after work it was that bad. So I have a abscess infection in my small intestine that luckily they wont have to do surgery which on sicker less healthy people they would. So they will pumping me with antibiotics to treat it... They are going to keep me a couple days to treat and monitor. :/ no food or water everything will be though IV blahhhh... Luckily they do not connect it to my new ideal protein diet. Down side is I may miss my 1st weigh in on Saturday :(. On my scale at home yesterday I was down 4 so at least I WAS on the right path..

Wow! Good luck

IdealProteinNewbie 05-15-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO_6 (Post 5004429)
I know cheese is not allowed in P1, but I was wondering how no cheese was explained to those with coaches? I have read that it is a keto friendly food, is it the fat content?

Thank you!

No carbs, but yes, too many calories and fat.

SophieLT 05-15-2014 12:26 PM

Wanted to share my NSV from last night. I went to dinner at a place I LOVE with a friend. Normally I would have a few drinks, bread, dinner. Last night I had water, pork and broccoli. Usually when I would leave I would feel disgustingly full. Not last night!

ChipnDip 05-15-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srbj (Post 5004316)
Before starting IP I drank a lot of diet coke, like 2 to 3 large fountain ones a day. I am surprised that after a week and a half on IP I am not missing the diet coke. Although I do miss a glass of wine in the evening :cheers:

Twice since starting I have broken down to have a can of diet Pepsi. Once when the urge to eat my kids fries was screaming at me and the other when I was having a horrible day where I wanted to eat everything and that was my compromise. A can as opposed to a bottle and the second time I didn't even finish it. I'm doing fine without. I know how bad diet pop is in general and definitely not good while on IP.

ChipnDip 05-15-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepperTown (Post 5004400)
I've recently returned to the board! :)
Why is my S/C/G weight different from my ticker weight? What did I do wrong???

You have to update both separately in your profile. That is why most people just say see ticker. I got tired off fixing both!

Kat360 05-15-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLT (Post 5004464)
Wanted to share my NSV from last night. I went to dinner at a place I LOVE with a friend. Normally I would have a few drinks, bread, dinner. Last night I had water, pork and broccoli. Usually when I would leave I would feel disgustingly full. Not last night!

That's awesome SophieLT!! This is one of the things I'm worried about! All those temptations! Great job!!

SophieLT 05-15-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat360 (Post 5004484)
That's awesome SophieLT!! This is one of the things I'm worried about! All those temptations! Great job!!

Thanks! I just had another one at work. I work in a public museum and we have a café for the public/employees. Today they had home made mac and cheese. It looked delicious! I didn't get it and just smelled my friends-I know weird but then I was fine. I'm on a roll :dizzy:

canadjineh 05-15-2014 01:21 PM

Good goin', SophieLT (and all you other on plan gals!!)

evemomma 05-15-2014 01:27 PM

Is NUSALT a sub for IP sea salt?

usmcvet 05-15-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

I just had a glass half filled with decaf and half filled with a Syntrax Nectar sample - chocolate truffle. I also added a few cubes of ice and an ounce of skim. It was tasty, but not as thick as I would prefer. I'm trying to get up the nerve to try the spinach shake I've read about here - anyone have any tips/suggestions?

Hey Re Boot Buddy! I started up again on Monday and I Feel AWESOME. I have more energy and focus. I did step on the scale this morning and I am down but it was my birthday suit weight so it will be different than the clinics scale. I think they'd get upset if I did my WI naked! :o

I just bought some spinach to use in shakes. I have tried it a few ways but like it with a shake packet of RTD GNC go lean shake. If you blend it well, and don't put in too much, which I tend to do. It tastes good and does not have much texture. I have a little GNC blender, kinda a knock off of the Magic Bullet, that I use here at work. The one I had at home died on me. It is also fun to mix shake mixes in with ice, it is more filling because it adds volume and it feels like an ice cream treat.

Three years ago at Boy Scout summer camp I was doing my day one swim test. I jumped in and did my thing no problem. As I was climbing out I pulled the freaking ladder right out of the dock and was smacked in the face by it. That was very embarrassing. I was at least 470 then. :mad:

lisa32989 05-15-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Good Morning All

I'm not sure one week will give you the answer. One week of 0 loss can happen. Even if you have a loss with NO restricteds next week, it still might not be related to the restricteds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepperTown (Post 5004352)
Good Morning!
My scale tells me I lost again this morning, but I'm having a WI and speaking to my coach this afternoon!!! Wish me luck.
My question to you would be, where can I find the FAQ on alternative products? I've searched but...:(

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-3-a.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO_6 (Post 5004429)

Most Ketogenic diets are higher in fat than IP is.
Yes, it is the fat content of the cheese.

kcandponies 05-15-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 5004536)
Hey Re Boot Buddy! I started up again on Monday and I Feel AWESOME. I have more energy and focus. I did step on the scale this morning and I am down but it was my birthday suit weight so it will be different than the clinics scale. I think they'd get upset if I did my WI naked! :o

I just bought some spinach to use in shakes. I have tried it a few ways but like it with a shake packet of RTD GNC go lean shake. If you blend it well, and don't put in too much, which I tend to do. It tastes good and does not have much texture. I have a little GNC blender, kinda a knock off of the Magic Bullet, that I use here at work. The one I had at home died on me. It is also fun to mix shake mixes in with ice, it is more filling because it adds volume and it feels like an ice cream treat.

Three years ago at Boy Scout summer camp I was doing my day one swim test. I jumped in and did my thing no problem. As I was climbing out I pulled the freaking ladder right out of the dock and was smacked in the face by it. That was very embarrassing. I was at least 470 then. :mad:

I started Monday too! Still trying to get through the first few days of hunger. I am usually ok until around 7pm and then want to eat anything not nailed down! I have to save a packet for my evening snack so I can sleep. Sleeping well and no headaches or anything. I just ahve to say I am VERY jealous of those who say it gets easier, they are not hungry, have tons of energy etc etc. The reason I quit IP last time becuase of how terrible I felt, exhausted, faint, foggy head...hoping with a few tweaks I can push through this time and eventually get to goal!!!!!!;)

lisa32989 05-15-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcandponies (Post 5004558)
I started Monday too! Still trying to get through the first few days of hunger. I am usually ok until around 7pm and then want to eat anything not nailed down! I have to save a packet for my evening snack so I can sleep. Sleeping well and no headaches or anything. I just ahve to say I am VERY jealous of those who say it gets easier, they are not hungry, have tons of energy etc etc. The reason I quit IP last time becuase of how terrible I felt, exhausted, faint, foggy head...hoping with a few tweaks I can push through this time and eventually get to goal!!!!!!;)

And if, this time, you still don't reap those benefits from Ketosis, consider the alternative IP plan (adding one dairy, one starch, and one fruit daily at different meals). You'd still lose but not get so frustrated. You wouldn't be in ketosis but if you're not getting the benefits of increased energy or reduced hunger, what's the point?

MarylandMom 05-15-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Good Morning All

I lost 0 lbs on my 4th weigh-in also. I have a restricted item (doing IP with alternatives) every night while I'm watching TV. I wouldn't give up your restricted item just yet if you really enjoy having it. Having a slow or no loss on week 4 is typical. See what next week brings while still eating the restricted. On my 5th week, I lost 3.6, 6th week 1.5, and 7th week 3.4...while still eating a restricted every single night.

pishposhappelsauce 05-15-2014 03:24 PM

Good NSVs today: I feel like I am swimming in my clothes today. I feel like my pants are actually falling off my butt, haha. Also my friend came up to me and said that my face looks noticeably thinner this week (she knows I'm on program and chats with me often about my progress so it was a good kind of thin! haha).

Thanks everyone on here for being cheerleaders, sharing your experience and advice. I don't know what I'd do without being able to check in here daily and know "real life" people who have been successful and thrive on this program. Sorry if I don't express it enough, you guys are the best!

dcs0826 05-15-2014 04:02 PM

It's been a while since I've posted in these forums! The past couple of weeks have been super busy. The past few weeks I have consistently been losing 1.5-1.75 lbs a week. Not the fastest weight loss, but I am ecstatic that it is continuing to go down. Had TOM this weigh in, so hoping for a whoosh next week.

NaeNae2113 05-15-2014 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=lisa32989;5004551]I'm not sure one week will give you the answer. One week of 0 loss can happen. Even if you have a loss with NO restricteds next week, it still might not be related to the restricteds.

Thank you Lisa, What is the best way to tell if the higher carbs affect your losses??

NaeNae2113 05-15-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandMom (Post 5004564)
I lost 0 lbs on my 4th weigh-in also. I have a restricted item (doing IP with alternatives) every night while I'm watching TV. I wouldn't give up your restricted item just yet if you really enjoy having it. Having a slow or no loss on week 4 is typical. See what next week brings while still eating the restricted. On my 5th week, I lost 3.6, 6th week 1.5, and 7th week 3.4...while still eating a restricted every single night.

Thank you so much for this. It is nice to have something sweet in the evening!!
You are doing great!

MarylandMom 05-15-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 (Post 5004588)
Thank you so much for this. It is nice to have something sweet in the evening!!
You are doing great!

I LIVE for my Quest bar! LOL! When my boys go to bed, I get to turn on a TV show of my choice and savor every last bit!

Hang in there...I bet you will see a nice loss next week just like I did after no loss in Week 4!

Deana509 05-15-2014 04:18 PM

http://www.picisto.com/photos/picist...840-896181.jpg

I think I finally got this photo to work! Not very good of a comparison since we have to wear "trashbags" and cant see body shape (Which is good for some... but Dang I looked good in my dress for graduation!) So I guess this is my TBT

Kat360 05-15-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deana509 (Post 5004593)
http://www.picisto.com/photos/picist...840-896181.jpg

I think I finally got this photo to work! Not very good of a comparison since we have to wear "trashbags" and cant see body shape (Which is good for some... but Dang I looked good in my dress for graduation!) So I guess this is my TBT

Awesome job congratulations across the board :)

calypso58 05-15-2014 04:36 PM

Congratulations Deana! On both accounts!

lisa32989 05-15-2014 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=NaeNae2113;5004585]
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5004551)
I'm not sure one week will give you the answer. One week of 0 loss can happen. Even if you have a loss with NO restricteds next week, it still might not be related to the restricteds.

Thank you Lisa, What is the best way to tell if the higher carbs affect your losses??

Give it more time without making changes. The only other way would be to get a blood test to see what your insulin levels are. That's pretty extreme at this point

JLUS 05-15-2014 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=NaeNae2113;5004585]
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5004551)

Most people are fine using the restricteds. The carbs are carefully calculated into the daily totals for you and the plan was designed to accommodate for them and allow most to have one per day and stay in ketosis.

In fact, over the year and four months I have been on the boards, I have seen a number of people who have "tested" losses with and without restricteds and most found no difference.

You certainly can go without them, but for a lot of people, they look forward to having the variety they provide, it keeps them motivated, on track, on plan, etc.

If they cause cravings or if certain ones cause cravings, you definitely want to make adjustments!

64peppergirl 05-15-2014 05:03 PM

Deana509
Amazing transformation for an always beautiful girl. You look awesome!!! ...and big congratulations on your graduation.

sarahBell 05-15-2014 05:03 PM

I am so frustrated I want to cry :(