Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Ok experienced IPers who've gone off and on... question about ketosis. So as many of you know I went off the plan on Friday. So my curiosity is in the mechanism. When I first started the 2-4th days were rough and as we know its because our bodies are detoxing off of carbs. Well since I don't have 6 years worth of carb eating and fat built up in there is it possible that ketosis happens sooner or maybe just the "withdrawals" aren't so bad. I have at no point felt hungry or had any of the issues I had the first time.
I was back in ketosis a day and a half after my cheat day... I use the ketostix to check.... Haven't lost much weight but I got back in ketosis super fast.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:02 PM   #77  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
I'm excited for my 4th weigh in tomorrow morning! I just discovered that I have out-shrunk all of my shorts! These were all buttoning SO tightly last summer, but now they slide down without a belt!

Time for an emergency trip to the thrift store! Can't bear the idea of spending lots of money on "temporary" clothing.

Love the NSV....woooo hoooo I am sending skinny dust vibes.....good luck on the WI and great attitude. Love it!!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #78  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Hello RUth Ann...IT WAS THE KALE CHIP ENTRY THAT THREW IT OFF. AHHHH I just took info from MFP this was from my second day on the diet I wanted to see a rough idea what the nutrients were so used it for estimations. This is for regular carbs not net. Also, I think they figured the kale chips too high it came to 15 grams of carbs for two baked cups. I'll never have these again. LoL The calories for the day were 926.

Breakfast:

IP omelet 8 carbs
1 T Trader Joes Salsa 1 carb (bottle says 0)
1mug black coffee

Lunch:

IP leek soup 3 carbs
1c mushrooms 2 carbs
1 bell pepper 4 carbs
3c butter lettuce 3 carbs
2t olive oil no carbs

Dinner:

(Seasoned taco meat to fill romaine leaves)
7 oz 97% ground beef 0 carb
2c baked kale chips 15 carbs ??
3c romaine 4 carbs
1T WF salad dressing o carb
2 T chopped tomato 2 carbs
2 T chopped read onion 4 carbs
Fresh cilantro
Chili and cumin powder
Salt and pepper

Snack:

Chocolate Puffs 11 carbs

I don't think I had that many kale chips but I had to come up with a number so MFP would calculate it. I am glad you had me go take a peek again because MFP isnt always exact I think these numbers are off and they are not the net carbs.
I think you need to measure the kale raw - before you make it into chips. I think that's where your carbs are coming from (I see below you figured that out too!).

Veggies should always be measured raw.

But that certainly explains why your carbs are higher than average! Good job!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 188/136/135 reboot165/151/125

Height: 5'2

Hello all! I appreciate all of your comments so much. I am a newbie finishing my second week. So far lost 11 pounds!!! I am super excited and love reading this thread.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #80  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I think you need to measure the kale raw - before you make it into chips. I think that's where your carbs are coming from (I see below you figured that out too!).

Veggies should always be measured raw.

But that certainly explains why your carbs are higher than average! Good job!
Yep that is what my coach said too all veggies measured raw. I measured the kale that way but then didnt know how to put in MFP ...the answer would be...just enter it as raw kale in MFP not as chips for more accuracy. Thanks for helping me figure this out in digging deeper. I have been flustered wondering how this diet could be so high in carbs....(NOT!) you know us newly carb deprived friends need some help. Hahahaha thank you sweetie.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #81  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Yep that is what my coach said too all veggies measured raw. I measured the kale that way but then didnt know how to put in MFP ...the answer would be...just enter it as raw kale in MFP not as chips for more accuracy. Thanks for helping me figure this out in digging deeper. I have been flustered wondering how this diet could be so high in carbs....(NOT!) you know us newly carb deprived friends need some help. Hahahaha thank you sweetie.
Yeah! We solved a mystery! So there is nothing to stress about (which is good since stress is not good for weight loss)!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:32 AM   #82  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Glad you got everything settled. The people on this forum are such an awesome resource. I love knowing that I can benefit from their experience.

If I am remembering correctly, 1 C raw organic kale has 6 or 7 g carbs, with about 2 grams of fiber, for 4 or 5 net carbs per cup. Higher than some veggies, but not insanely high. I'm not sure about mfp, but spark people has a setting for "calculate net carbs for low carb diet." This causes it to calculate carbs-fiber=net carbs for the day.

As for keto sticks... Don't worry too much. I only ever test "trace" or "small" unless I am super dehydrated. My doctor said that it isn't something to worry about, because it means that my body is effectively burning the ketones for fuel. There just aren't many left to "see" on the test strip. If you are getting enough water, and using the ketones effectively, you may get negative or nearly negative tests.

Keep up the hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahahaha View Post
Hello all! I appreciate all of your comments so much. I am a newbie finishing my second week. So far lost 11 pounds!!! I am super excited and love reading this thread.
Great losses so far!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #83  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Woohoo half way to goal! I see Onederland in the very near future.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:41 AM   #84  
Started IP 4/19/14

Weigh in #4 today, saying goodbye to another 3.4 pounds of fat! Over 20lb gone in a month - I love Ideal Protein!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #85  
Started IP 4/19/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Awesome! That's such a great way to start the weekend!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #86  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Congratulations!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:56 AM   #87  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Weigh in #4 today, saying goodbye to another 3.4 pounds of fat! Over 20lb gone in a month - I love Ideal Protein!
That is great!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Went for my WI this afternoon. Only lost 2 pounds!!!! I told my coach this time around it's so much harder than last time I did IP as I'm often hungry...PLUS...I'm loosing the weight very slooowwwlllyy!!! I also asked her about alternative products.

She thought 2 lbs was good. She said the weight was coming off slower this time because I have less to loose. (Last time I lost 70 lbs in 2 months. This time I lost 15 pounds in a month.) She explained that the bigger you are, the faster the weight comes off. PLUS, she said I should remember that the older a woman is (I'm 62) the slower the weight comes off! As for alternatives, she said I could try them, but (as with the alternative plan) the weight will come off much slower.
Wait. Did I actually see a complaint over a 2 lb loss???
Esp after losing 15 lbs in a month?

70 in 2 months is way outside the norm, FYI.
And many returners say they don't lose as quickly the 2nd time around (even Dr Atkins spoke of a "golden opportunity" for higher losses)

I'm going to suggest a mindset change.
Instead if focusing on lightening-quick losses, perhaps focus on more reasonable losses (IP is STILL faster than other plans), and focus on sustainability. Get to goal and phase off properly & learn to maintain so that a retun to P1 becomes about losing 5-10 occasionally.

Additionally, there is a difference between the IP alternative plan (adding a dairy, a starch, and a fruit daily) and doing IP with alternative priducts (same nutritional stats but non-IP brand). The alternative plan offers slower losses. Using generic products works the same but your coach doesn't make as much money so they'll discourage use. IP products aren't magic.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-16-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

PepperTown, how many diets have you ever tried before IP? I ask because some diets give the impression that quick weight loss is acceptable, even encouraged. Having tried South Beach, Atkins and WW's, I can tell you that in no way, shape or form, should you EVER be encouraged to drop weight as quickly as you are wanting.

Your body may look like an A-lister for a while, but maintaining that weight will be nothing short of a miracle! I doubt you are spending all this money to just fit into a size of your choice for one weekend! If you want to be successful on this diet, you will need to reframe your concept of weight loss: instead of "oh goody! I lost 70 pounds in only 2 months!", try thinking "Once I have reached my goal, I will be able to start eating habits that will keep the weight off, and I'll fit into the dress I bought for that one weekend for as long as I like!"

This cannot be a short-term, get the weight off quick sort of diet - it is not set up to work that way from my understanding. You phase thru the diet for a very specific reason: to reset your pancreas. Keep this in mind. Put this on your mirror. Even if you are not in danger of becoming diabetic (we all are, in reality), you MUST allow your pancreas to re-set in order to get to the maintenance phase - this should be called your LIFE-LONG EATING PHASE!

You will lose weight and you will look fabulous - but please be nice to your body and take it as it comes.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #90  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Good NSVs today: I feel like I am swimming in my clothes today. I feel like my pants are actually falling off my butt, haha. Also my friend came up to me and said that my face looks noticeably thinner this week (she knows I'm on program and chats with me often about my progress so it was a good kind of thin! haha).

Thanks everyone on here for being cheerleaders, sharing your experience and advice. I don't know what I'd do without being able to check in here daily and know "real life" people who have been successful and thrive on this program. Sorry if I don't express it enough, you guys are the best!
I had a the same problem/NSV yesterday. I was late to work because I couldn't find any pants that fit. Everything from last spring/summer was literally falling off, so much so that I couldn't even attempt to wear them. Going to have to do some thrift store shopping this weekend. Such a good problem to have, I'm not complaining! :-)
Closed Thread