Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
I know cheese is not allowed in P1, but I was wondering how no cheese was explained to those with coaches? I have read that it is a keto friendly food, is it the fat content?

Thank you!
No carbs, but yes, too many calories and fat.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #17  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Wanted to share my NSV from last night. I went to dinner at a place I LOVE with a friend. Normally I would have a few drinks, bread, dinner. Last night I had water, pork and broccoli. Usually when I would leave I would feel disgustingly full. Not last night!
Old 05-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #18  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbj View Post
Before starting IP I drank a lot of diet coke, like 2 to 3 large fountain ones a day. I am surprised that after a week and a half on IP I am not missing the diet coke. Although I do miss a glass of wine in the evening
Twice since starting I have broken down to have a can of diet Pepsi. Once when the urge to eat my kids fries was screaming at me and the other when I was having a horrible day where I wanted to eat everything and that was my compromise. A can as opposed to a bottle and the second time I didn't even finish it. I'm doing fine without. I know how bad diet pop is in general and definitely not good while on IP.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #19  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
I've recently returned to the board!
Why is my S/C/G weight different from my ticker weight? What did I do wrong???
You have to update both separately in your profile. That is why most people just say see ticker. I got tired off fixing both!
Old 05-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Wanted to share my NSV from last night. I went to dinner at a place I LOVE with a friend. Normally I would have a few drinks, bread, dinner. Last night I had water, pork and broccoli. Usually when I would leave I would feel disgustingly full. Not last night!
That's awesome SophieLT!! This is one of the things I'm worried about! All those temptations! Great job!!

Old 05-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #21  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat360 View Post
That's awesome SophieLT!! This is one of the things I'm worried about! All those temptations! Great job!!

Thanks! I just had another one at work. I work in a public museum and we have a café for the public/employees. Today they had home made mac and cheese. It looked delicious! I didn't get it and just smelled my friends-I know weird but then I was fine. I'm on a roll
Old 05-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good goin', SophieLT (and all you other on plan gals!!)

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-15-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #23  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Is NUSALT a sub for IP sea salt?
Old 05-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #24  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1973 View Post
Today is Day 4 of my reboot.

I just had a glass half filled with decaf and half filled with a Syntrax Nectar sample - chocolate truffle. I also added a few cubes of ice and an ounce of skim. It was tasty, but not as thick as I would prefer. I'm trying to get up the nerve to try the spinach shake I've read about here - anyone have any tips/suggestions?

Today will be a good day. I will stay 100% OP because anything less is just cheating myself out of the promise of a healthy body that I don't want to hide with big clothes. I found some older pictures of me from this time last year, and I was horrified as to how big I was. And it wasn't even at my worst.

My worst (and the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back) was in July last year: My son turned six at the end of July, and to celebrate, I met family at our lake house in VA. My son asked me to get in the water with him, and I was not going to deny his wish - he has no idea about my body issues, and I didn't want to disappoint him. I was wearing a bathing suit in a size 16 - the largest size I ever bought or wore. Getting IN the lake was easy. I just climbed DOWN the stairs off the dock. We had a lovely time swimming and playing. When it came time to get out, however, I thought I was going to need someone to litteraly pull me up - I was so fat, I couldn't put my foot on the first step to begin my ascent! I was mortified. I felt the full impact of my weight that day. And that was the day I decided I HAD to lose weight. Now, mind you, I was supposed to lose weight due to a physical condition that could cause me to lose my eyesight if I didn't slim down, but I was "too busy" to deal with the complications of a diet (my prior experience being WW). But, that day at the lake, feeling like I belonged in a New Yorker magazine cartoon, THAT was my tipping point.

I'm not sure why I was compelled to share that this morning, but my apologies if this was the wrong place to share it.
Hey Re Boot Buddy! I started up again on Monday and I Feel AWESOME. I have more energy and focus. I did step on the scale this morning and I am down but it was my birthday suit weight so it will be different than the clinics scale. I think they'd get upset if I did my WI naked!

I just bought some spinach to use in shakes. I have tried it a few ways but like it with a shake packet of RTD GNC go lean shake. If you blend it well, and don't put in too much, which I tend to do. It tastes good and does not have much texture. I have a little GNC blender, kinda a knock off of the Magic Bullet, that I use here at work. The one I had at home died on me. It is also fun to mix shake mixes in with ice, it is more filling because it adds volume and it feels like an ice cream treat.

Three years ago at Boy Scout summer camp I was doing my day one swim test. I jumped in and did my thing no problem. As I was climbing out I pulled the freaking ladder right out of the dock and was smacked in the face by it. That was very embarrassing. I was at least 470 then.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Good Morning All
I had my 4th weigh in yesterday and lost 0 lbs but I did lose 3 inches. I have read on here that this sometimes happens in the 4 or 5 weeks. I did add restricted bars last week, they were really good so I had one every night. Not sure if this had anything to do with not losing any weight. I am not going to have any restricted foods this week to see if they higher carbs are a problem for me. I did lose 3 inches so I know this is working!!
I'm not sure one week will give you the answer. One week of 0 loss can happen. Even if you have a loss with NO restricteds next week, it still might not be related to the restricteds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Good Morning!
My scale tells me I lost again this morning, but I'm having a WI and speaking to my coach this afternoon!!! Wish me luck.
My question to you would be, where can I find the FAQ on alternative products? I've searched but...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-3-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
I know cheese is not allowed in P1, but I was wondering how no cheese was explained to those with coaches? I have read that it is a keto friendly food, is it the fat content?
Most Ketogenic diets are higher in fat than IP is.
Yes, it is the fat content of the cheese.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hey Re Boot Buddy! I started up again on Monday and I Feel AWESOME. I have more energy and focus. I did step on the scale this morning and I am down but it was my birthday suit weight so it will be different than the clinics scale. I think they'd get upset if I did my WI naked!

I just bought some spinach to use in shakes. I have tried it a few ways but like it with a shake packet of RTD GNC go lean shake. If you blend it well, and don't put in too much, which I tend to do. It tastes good and does not have much texture. I have a little GNC blender, kinda a knock off of the Magic Bullet, that I use here at work. The one I had at home died on me. It is also fun to mix shake mixes in with ice, it is more filling because it adds volume and it feels like an ice cream treat.

Three years ago at Boy Scout summer camp I was doing my day one swim test. I jumped in and did my thing no problem. As I was climbing out I pulled the freaking ladder right out of the dock and was smacked in the face by it. That was very embarrassing. I was at least 470 then.
I started Monday too! Still trying to get through the first few days of hunger. I am usually ok until around 7pm and then want to eat anything not nailed down! I have to save a packet for my evening snack so I can sleep. Sleeping well and no headaches or anything. I just ahve to say I am VERY jealous of those who say it gets easier, they are not hungry, have tons of energy etc etc. The reason I quit IP last time becuase of how terrible I felt, exhausted, faint, foggy head...hoping with a few tweaks I can push through this time and eventually get to goal!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
I started Monday too! Still trying to get through the first few days of hunger. I am usually ok until around 7pm and then want to eat anything not nailed down! I have to save a packet for my evening snack so I can sleep. Sleeping well and no headaches or anything. I just ahve to say I am VERY jealous of those who say it gets easier, they are not hungry, have tons of energy etc etc. The reason I quit IP last time becuase of how terrible I felt, exhausted, faint, foggy head...hoping with a few tweaks I can push through this time and eventually get to goal!!!!!!
And if, this time, you still don't reap those benefits from Ketosis, consider the alternative IP plan (adding one dairy, one starch, and one fruit daily at different meals). You'd still lose but not get so frustrated. You wouldn't be in ketosis but if you're not getting the benefits of increased energy or reduced hunger, what's the point?

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-15-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Good Morning All
I had my 4th weigh in yesterday and lost 0 lbs but I did lose 3 inches. I have read on here that this sometimes happens in the 4 or 5 weeks. I did add restricted bars last week, they were really good so I had one every night. Not sure if this had anything to do with not losing any weight. I am not going to have any restricted foods this week to see if they higher carbs are a problem for me. I did lose 3 inches so I know this is working!!
I lost 0 lbs on my 4th weigh-in also. I have a restricted item (doing IP with alternatives) every night while I'm watching TV. I wouldn't give up your restricted item just yet if you really enjoy having it. Having a slow or no loss on week 4 is typical. See what next week brings while still eating the restricted. On my 5th week, I lost 3.6, 6th week 1.5, and 7th week 3.4...while still eating a restricted every single night.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #29  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Good NSVs today: I feel like I am swimming in my clothes today. I feel like my pants are actually falling off my butt, haha. Also my friend came up to me and said that my face looks noticeably thinner this week (she knows I'm on program and chats with me often about my progress so it was a good kind of thin! haha).

Thanks everyone on here for being cheerleaders, sharing your experience and advice. I don't know what I'd do without being able to check in here daily and know "real life" people who have been successful and thrive on this program. Sorry if I don't express it enough, you guys are the best!
Old 05-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #30  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

It's been a while since I've posted in these forums! The past couple of weeks have been super busy. The past few weeks I have consistently been losing 1.5-1.75 lbs a week. Not the fastest weight loss, but I am ecstatic that it is continuing to go down. Had TOM this weigh in, so hoping for a whoosh next week.
Closed Thread