IP Daily Chat

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Started IP in February and have lost 21 pounds to date. Today was my first weigh in with my new Coach. She asked me to write down the times that I eat my food at. Did any of you have to do this? I used to just put breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also I learned today that I am not allowed to use olive oil in cooking, it is only to be used in a cold state like for dressings, etc.
    Part of me is excited to be 8 pounds from my goal but the other part doesnt like the changes I have to make. I am probably being silly but I liked the way I was doing things before!!! I now have to have my ideal protein breakfast within an hour of waking up. This one will be the toughest for me. Ugh! Am I thinking too much into this?
  • Quote: I am so frustrated I want to cry
    Are you okay Sarabell? Hopefully it is something that you can grab some hot decaf tea, relax and move forward. If you need support don't be afraid to ask and don't worry about those who may have forgotten that everyone is different with different sets of circumstances. No judging from most so don't be afraid to ask for supoort.
  • Quote: Started IP in February and have lost 21 pounds to date. Today was my first weigh in with my new Coach. She asked me to write down the times that I eat my food at. Did any of you have to do this? I used to just put breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also I learned today that I am not allowed to use olive oil in cooking, it is only to be used in a cold state like for dressings, etc.
    Part of me is excited to be 8 pounds from my goal but the other part doesnt like the changes I have to make. I am probably being silly but I liked the way I was doing things before!!! I now have to have my ideal protein breakfast within an hour of waking up. This one will be the toughest for me. Ugh! Am I thinking too much into this?

Hi Joan, congratulations on being so close to goal. I like the old saying if it isn't broke don't fix it. I see in the IP online recipes they use the oils all the time for cooking. You may have to ask for your coach what her reasoning is behind the regiment and let her know it is causing you frustration.
  • Quote: You have to update both separately in your profile. That is why most people just say see ticker. I got tired off fixing both!
    Thanx....done!!
  • Deana, you look marvelous!!!!! Love that happy smile. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments.

Joan, I use a little oil to sauté and add the rest cold to dressing. I think coaches are afraid that the oil dissipates during cooking. My coach also requires food within an hour of waking up.

Amber- yay, your year is almost over!

Sara Bell, hope your day gets better
  • Solely Using IP Products.
    Is there a thread that is solely for those who do the IP protocol using just the required IP supplements? I see there is a great thread for those who don't cheat and 100% but I see people there using other products as well. I get that some need to use alternatives—my friend does it. It is great you figured a way to avoid purchasing IP products. I wish IP would put up a message board for their products. For some of us newer folks it can be overwhelming to see so many variations of the plan. It makes me second guess myself for investing in the true IP products.
  • Whew. Day 1 done and I'm feeling pretty good!! Two nights of grocery shopping for ALL THE THINGS is exhausting though. I feel like I have everything I need though.

Sometimes I feel that dieting comes easier to me just because I have to say "no" to so much normal food. I can't eat it if it isn't gluten free or if I feel it somehow got compromised in the prep. I never thought being g-free would help when I found out almost 5 years ago. Crazy...
  • Went for my WI this afternoon. Only lost 2 pounds!!!! I told my coach this time around it's so much harder than last time I did IP as I'm often hungry...PLUS...I'm loosing the weight very slooowwwlllyy!!! I also asked her about alternative products.

She thought 2 lbs was good. She said the weight was coming off slower this time because I have less to loose. (Last time I lost 70 lbs in 2 months. This time I lost 15 pounds in a month.) She explained that the bigger you are, the faster the weight comes off. PLUS, she said I should remember that the older a woman is (I'm 62) the slower the weight comes off! As for alternatives, she said I could try them, but (as with the alternative plan) the weight will come off much slower.

So there you have it. Do you agree?

I love this board and I love reading your advice. I'm from Ontario and would love to hear from others near me.
  • Quote: Started IP in February and have lost 21 pounds to date. Today was my first weigh in with my new Coach. She asked me to write down the times that I eat my food at. Did any of you have to do this? I used to just put breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also I learned today that I am not allowed to use olive oil in cooking, it is only to be used in a cold state like for dressings, etc.
    I would ask your coach her reasoning behind these requirements. I used olive oil for cooking all the way through and also added it to my food (since a lot stays in the pan when you cook with it).

I've seen a couple of times where coaches have said people need to eat within an hour of waking up but have never seen any actual good reasoning behind it and have always just had breakfast when I was ready for it. Maybe someone with more experience can give a reason?
  • Quote: Whew. Day 1 done and I'm feeling pretty good!! Two nights of grocery shopping for ALL THE THINGS is exhausting though. I feel like I have everything I need though.

Sometimes I feel that dieting comes easier to me just because I have to say "no" to so much normal food. I can't eat it if it isn't gluten free or if I feel it somehow got compromised in the prep. I never thought being g-free would help when I found out almost 5 years ago. Crazy...

Hello Readytolive...great job on getting all of your necessities. It is nice to be prepared. I was telling my coach yesterday that just getting all the salads and veggies cleaned and ready for consumption sure makes me stay off the couch and busy. So glad you are here. I just completed my second week and doing fairly well. Keep up the good work!
  • Today was the second major unplanned dental procedure in two weeks - I cannot open my jaw enough to eat and I am in pain now that the Novocain is wearing off.

My dear husband says "but there are so many great things I can feed you through a straw" - sure, IP protein drinks! I DO miss not being able to 'treat' myself to Frapucchinos, DQ Blizzards and whatever but I am taking no excuses to go off.

Being as this was not planned and very painful, I hope that the very considerable stress in the chair does not affect my losses since I have been vigilant.
  • Quote: Is there a thread that is solely for those who do the IP protocol using just the required IP supplements? I see there is a great thread for those who don't cheat and 100% but I see people there using other products as well. I get that some need to use alternatives—my friend does it. It is great you figured a way to avoid purchasing IP products. I wish IP would put up a message board for their products. For some of us newer folks it can be overwhelming to see so many variations of the plan. It makes me second guess myself for investing in the true IP products.
    I haven't seen a thread or forum for people who use strictly IP products. I've used pretty much strictly IP products since I was comfortable with them and had a great coach. Did you have a specific question or just overwhelmed with all the information (which is how I felt starting out!)?

Quote: Whew. Day 1 done and I'm feeling pretty good!! Two nights of grocery shopping for ALL THE THINGS is exhausting though. I feel like I have everything I need though.

Congrats on getting through day 1!

Quote: Went for my WI this afternoon. Only lost 2 pounds!!!! I told my coach this time around it's so much harder than last time I did IP as I'm often hungry...PLUS...I'm loosing the weight very slooowwwlllyy!!! I also asked her about alternative products.

She thought 2 lbs was good. She said the weight was coming off slower this time because I have less to loose. (Last time I lost 70 lbs in 2 months. This time I lost 15 pounds in a month.) She explained that the bigger you are, the faster the weight comes off. PLUS, she said I should remember that the older a woman is (I'm 62) the slower the weight comes off! As for alternatives, she said I could try them, but (as with the alternative plan) the weight will come off much slower.

I love this board and I love reading your advice. I'm from Ontario and would love to hear from others near me.
    Wait - you lost 15 pounds in a month? That's better than 3 lbs a week - that's a great rate of loss! But your coach is right - the closer you are to your goal the slower it comes off and as we get older it does slow down some. Some people have reported slower losses the second time around too.

I don't know that she's right about the weight loss being slower using alternatives - there's nothing magical in the IP packets and lots of people lose just fine using alternatives. But you have to do your research and chose your products carefully to match the IP products.
  • Quote: Went for my WI this afternoon. Only lost 2 pounds!!!! I told my coach this time around it's so much harder than last time I did IP as I'm often hungry...PLUS...I'm loosing the weight very slooowwwlllyy!!! I also asked her about alternative products.

Pepper you are doing great. Two pounds is 8 sticks of butter! I think your coach is really smart...just take your time and eventually things will work out. I get frustrated too because there are too many carbs in P1 for my particular makeup so my weight will come off slowly since I am unable to get into ketosis. Patients! Right!

So glad you are here and ready to get back on track.

Hugs...Joanne
  • Quote: Hello Readytolive...great job on getting all of your necessities. It is nice to be prepared. I was telling my coach yesterday that just getting all the salads and veggies cleaned and ready for consumption sure makes me stay off the couch and busy. So glad you are here. I just completed my second week and doing fairly well. Keep up the good work!
    You keep it up too!! It was so much work just to get all the shakes/bars/packets then the veggies and lean meats. Not to mention I had to get a new blender and some other kitchen utensils. My mother is doing it with me as well so it is just double the work + purchases, no complaints though.

Ya know, I was looking at everything I've gotten and it's just like I have to do this; I've invested so much but not only that, I need to do it for me and for my health. I've got this!
  • Quote: Is there a thread that is solely for those who do the IP protocol using just the required IP supplements? I see there is a great thread for those who don't cheat and 100% but I see people there using other products as well. I get that some need to use alternatives—my friend does it. It is great you figured a way to avoid purchasing IP products. I wish IP would put up a message board for their products. For some of us newer folks it can be overwhelming to see so many variations of the plan. It makes me second guess myself for investing in the true IP products.
    Jo - WELCOME TO YOU!!!

The MAJORITY of people on this board closely follow the IP protocol, so don't let the product name throw you. Someone may refer to a ProtiDiet XYZ bar in a post, but all that means is they ate a bar, just like you may post you ate an IP XYZ bar.

You will probably NOT find an IP only product users message board that would be free of a few people who change up the principles of the program on occasion. The best way to avoid that is the 100% thread right here.

Otherwise, ignore what someone calls the packet they ate... We all use the same Phase Sheets and eat three packets per day no matter where we buy them or what the names are!!

If you see something specific that seems to not fit with what you know of IP, ask about it... Or if you are clear it is not pure IP, just pass over it.

Is there anything specific we can help you with or answer??

The benefits of investing in IP packets are the coaching, guidance and support your coach/clinic should be giving you. Some found they only got weighed and sold products but no real support so they went to alternatives. Others started with coaches until they felt they knew the program and were string enough to fly solo.