Baby Romaine Lettuce

• Went to a Wegmans and they had baby Romaine Lettuce leaves. They were green and purple. Is this the same as eating Romaine lettuce or leaves?

Can they be a free food as well? I forgot to look at the label.

Wondering if anyone knows the answer. Thanks in advance.
  • Quote: Went to a Wegmans and they had baby Romaine Lettuce leaves. They were green and purple. Is this the same as eating Romaine lettuce or leaves?

Can they be a free food as well? I forgot to look at the label.

Wondering if anyone knows the answer. Thanks in advance.
    Yep, lettuces are free - enjoy. The more colour in your lettuce, the more nutritional value so go for the dark green/brightly coloured ones if possible.

Liana
  • I've had that question too... Since field greens are considered a select vegetable, what can be the difference between baby greens and field greens to make one a select and the other unlimited lettuce?
  • Quote: I've had that question too... Since field greens are considered a select vegetable, what can be the difference between baby greens and field greens to make one a select and the other unlimited lettuce?
    The word lettuce is the difference. I learned on this diet to just follow the rules.When you spend a lot of time questioning it you just make it harder on yourself
  • It says on the package baby romaine lettuce - it is not spring, field, or mixed salad or lettuce. The ingredients say baby romaine lettuce..so I am not sure.
  • Quote: It says on the package baby romaine lettuce - it is not spring, field, or mixed salad or lettuce. The ingredients say baby romaine lettuce..so I am not sure.
    If it says lettuce, it is lettuce, otherwise it's false advertising, lol.

Liana
  • I am not on IP but it's a sad day when anyone questions eating any form of lettuce as a diet food.

Sob.
  • Quote: I am not on IP but it's a sad day when anyone questions eating any form of lettuce as a diet food.

Sob.
    Asking for clarification on something is a good thing. IP is a fairly restrictive diet and I applaud anyone who ask questions when they aren't sure - wanting to follow the diet to a T is something to be encouraged, not cried over.

And congrats on your success however you are doing it.