Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #121  

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
As of today, I am officially just "overweight" and not obese!!!

WoooHooo! Way to GO!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #122  

Did I slip today?

So I was SOOOOO hungry for REAL food today. So I swapped my dinner to my lunch had 2 1/4 pound hamburger patties with lettuce, sweet peppers, and pickle on it. No bun or anything else added.

It was at work, and I just NEEDED it (wanted to eat lunch with some co-workers) I believe this was an okay choice right? I mean it hit the spot and tasted REALLY good (so I assume it must be bad).

Anyway just looking for some reassurance.

~Michael
Old 05-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #123  

Quote:
Originally Posted by miholmes View Post
Did I slip today?

So I was SOOOOO hungry for REAL food today. So I swapped my dinner to my lunch had 2 1/4 pound hamburger patties with lettuce, sweet peppers, and pickle on it. No bun or anything else added.

It was at work, and I just NEEDED it (wanted to eat lunch with some co-workers) I believe this was an okay choice right? I mean it hit the spot and tasted REALLY good (so I assume it must be bad).

Anyway just looking for some reassurance.

~Michael
Michael: If you have your "lunch" shake for dinner, you're good. Make sure to get all 4 c. of veggies today!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #124  

PERFECT! I was nervous, there. Yes the 4 cups of veggies is a struggle some days! Thanks for the reply and re-assurance.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Friday,

From reading the posts it looks like everyone has been working so hard this week. Lots of great NSV and loses.
Amber- I hope things slow down for you, it sounds like the end of some of the stress is in sight.
Dcs- love the hair cut!

My weight has bounced around this week, frustrating but going to relax and make sure I am OP and now that it is most likely post TOM weight. I had to self talk to not go eat off plan after my weigh in. It is hard to change habits and scary to think that after 7.5 mnths on IP old habits are stil there. I guess changes those negative thinking habits is the real work for the rest of my life.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
To find out Nutrition info you can go to www.nutritiondata.self.com and plug in any food you can think of - most of them are there and will give you the breakdown of nutrients just like on the side of a prepared food box. Just watch the serving/measurement size to make sure you have the correct amounts.

1/2 cup chopped broccoli cooked (boiled) is 6g minus 3g fiber so 3g NET carb.

1 cup chopped (quite a bit of pepper) sweet red pepper raw is 9 g carb minus 3g fiber so 6 g NET carb.
Sweet green raw is 7g minus 3.

Just remember that red peppers have 50% more vitamin C than green and other nutrients that come from that red/orange colour group of veggies - and we aren't using carrots or orange squashes - keep the nutrients in mind too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Thanks Liana! I am usually a colored pepper GURU! They are my treat!!! But today will use them sparingly. Luckily...have lots of other options.
Let's start with comparing the proverbial "apples to apples" (broccoli was compared at a different amt and cooked, above)

1 c. raw broccoli is 31 calories, 4 net grams of carbs
1 c raw red bell pepper is 46 calories, 6 net grams of carbs
1 c raw green pepper is 30 cals, 4 net grams carbs
Conversely
1c raw celery has 18 calories and 2 net grams carbs
1c. cucumber has 16 calories and 4 net grams carbs

ALL are on the select veggie list.
So, if we're following P1 and choose to have the more colorful peppers, they ALL fall into an appropriate P1 selection. The nice thing about P1 is that we don't have to micromanage. We can just eat on the sheet and have as much or little variation as we want, along the way.

Evemomma: If it is working, it ain't broke and nothing needs to be fixed.

As far as having 2 restricteds one day (one-time mistake), remember that IP works on blood sugar and insulin. Trying to "make up" for a mistake one day isn't really the way ketosis works. I'd just stick to the plan today, knowing you are doing everything to head in the right direction. You're doing great!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #127  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Let's start with comparing the proverbial "apples to apples" (broccoli was compared at a different amt and cooked, above)

1 c. raw broccoli is 31 calories, 4 net grams of carbs
1 c raw red bell pepper is 46 calories, 6 net grams of carbs
1 c raw green pepper is 30 cals, 4 net grams carbs
Conversely
1c raw celery has 18 calories and 2 net grams carbs
1c. cucumber has 16 calories and 4 net grams carbs

ALL are on the select veggie list.
So, if we're following P1 and choose to have the more colorful peppers, they ALL fall into an appropriate P1 selection. The nice thing about P1 is that we don't have to micromanage. We can just eat on the sheet and have as much or little variation as we want, along the way.

Evemomma: If it is working, it ain't broke and nothing needs to be fixed.

As far as having 2 restricteds one day (one-time mistake), remember that IP works on blood sugar and insulin. Trying to "make up" for a mistake one day isn't really the way ketosis works. I'd just stick to the plan today, knowing you are doing everything to head in the right direction. You're doing great!
Thanks Lisa, you always give good practical advice and you explain it so it's easy to understand and follow. You would make a great coach!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Lisa: I wasn't actually comparing broccoli & peppers - just showing where you could find that info if you wished. I WAS comparing green & red peppers though, lol. But yes, we need to use a wide range of allowed veg otherwise we risk nutrient deficiencies, the big C, and sheer BOREDOM!! lol
One day with an extra restricted and it won't matter, make it a habit and it could . I like nutritiondata.self.com since there are lots of options: raw, boiled, roasted, with salt/wo salt, etc. You can find whatever there.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 200/194/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks Mainemum and Liana, there is a scientific explanation then. I would not have guessed that . You made me laugh with the kicking emoticon!!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #130  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday everyone! I haven't been on in a while, but it would have done me some good after my experience on Tuesday. I went out with the DH's and his aunt and lets just say, by the end of the night, the whole bar/restaurant knew about my diet. "She's on a diet! She can't" to the waitress, and everyone constantly discussing why I wasn't eating the platters of pub food. One of the most uncomfortable situations I've been in, I kept saying "seriously! stop, I'm fine, it's been a while, I'm used to it". but nothing worked. Thankfully my weigh in the day after was almost 4 pounds and made it all worth while
Old 05-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #131  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
Has anyone here experienced having the TOM twice at the beginning? I was thinking it might have something to do....
I hadn't had TOM for four months before starting IP and in 12 weeks I have had it four times and the last one was for more than a week! The first two were very close together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
You have a great plan to get through this one. Go get 'em!
I am glad I did plan. Other than celery sticks there was absolutely nothing else there for me to have at the potluck. Luckily I ate a bar before going. My coworker did point out that I had nit eaten very much. I just said I was off wheat. It really is the easy way out.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #132  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Today must be official NSV day for me, it's like the universe knows I need a boost... 1st this morning I still have 18's because they still work even though they are baggy, well this morning I put a pair on to go to work and they are way too baggy and won't stay on. Then I get to work and the 3 girls at work at separate times were like, wow you look really amazing today, you look slimmer since yesterday (one of them says). Then I run into a friend I haven't seen in awhile as I was headed into a restroom at the central offices she stops and says you look fantastic. Then my hair dresser cause I went for new hair, same thing. Then I got home and was trying to decide what to wear out with friends for dinner and I pulled out this shirt that I bought a few years ago and couldn't ever wear without looking terrible and constantly having to pull it down and adjust well it looks fantastic on me!!! Today has been a pretty good day!!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #133  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Today must be official NSV day for me, it's like the universe knows I need a boost... 1st this morning I still have 18's because they still work even though they are baggy, well this morning I put a pair on to go to work and they are way too baggy and won't stay on. Then I get to work and the 3 girls at work at separate times were like, wow you look really amazing today, you look slimmer since yesterday (one of them says). Then I run into a friend I haven't seen in awhile as I was headed into a restroom at the central offices she stops and says you look fantastic. Then my hair dresser cause I went for new hair, same thing. Then I got home and was trying to decide what to wear out with friends for dinner and I pulled out this shirt that I bought a few years ago and couldn't ever wear without looking terrible and constantly having to pull it down and adjust well it looks fantastic on me!!! Today has been a pretty good day!!

Yay! You have earned a good day!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Default Amber

YAY for your NSVs!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #135  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Melted off over 5lbs this week! TOM I think was making me retain water last week.
Super Excited! I graduate on Sunday! I got 3 new dresses from a friend all in my size, so I have some fancy dresses!
I also got a job! Super exciting week... All perfect birthday gifts to me for today!
Closed Thread