Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Measuring question for all of you very knowledgable folks: when you use store-bought salsa, how much do you use? I found some with no sugar in the ingredients, 2g carbs and 1g sugar (presumably from the tomato.) My coach said that sounds fine, but I forgot to ask how to measure it. I used 2Tbsp with my fajita chicken last week because I wanted to be conservative in the measure, but I might have shorted my veg that day as a result. I want to stay under the equivalent of 1c. I have no problem weighing it if that's the best measure. Thoughts?
Old 05-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #32  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

FearciuilI didn't even know we could have salsa! Sorry, wish I could help!

I went to carnival today and regret it big time. I'm usually a huge fan of any ride!! I don't turn anything down. However I went on a ride that went side to side, really high, while spinning you and I instantly felt sick. It had been over an hour since I ate so I thought it would have been fine. Then.. because there was no line (slightly raining), the man decided to let us go again. I mean, it was nice of him I guess, but he didn't ask and I really wanted to get off. This was about 5 hours ago and I still feel nauseous and my head felt like it was under extreme pressure. I'm guessing rides are not great while OP. It was weird for me, never experienced that after ride. I hope I feel better in the morning!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

MellyIP, yep. Count it as part of your tomato ration.

Sorry your ride made you sick, and hope you feel better in the morning!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Measuring question for all of you very knowledgable folks: when you use store-bought salsa, how much do you use? I found some with no sugar in the ingredients, 2g carbs and 1g sugar (presumably from the tomato.) My coach said that sounds fine, but I forgot to ask how to measure it. I used 2Tbsp with my fajita chicken last week because I wanted to be conservative in the measure, but I might have shorted my veg that day as a result. I want to stay under the equivalent of 1c. I have no problem weighing it if that's the best measure. Thoughts?
You might want to compare with fresh tomato at nutritiondata.self.com and just count an equal carb amount of fresh tomato. That shouldn't be too much - it shows as a little less than 1/2 cup of fresh tomato chopped or weight of 2 oz (56g) when I looked it up. I used fresh salsa as I felt I got more bang for my buck and more veggie for the carb count. Very easy, you just need fresh tomato, a bit of onion white or green, a tiny bit of fresh chilies or chili powder, a bit of lime juice and cilantro if you have it. Just a minute to chop up and mix but tastier if it sits for an hour.

Liana
Old 05-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 7 of reboot with coach. Feeling motivated and full of energy. Looking forward to being able to get back into my smaller size clothes. Refuse to buy a bigger size.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #36  

Going back to my coach has really motivated next. I did really well the first time around because i felt like I was in control. I was accomplishing something. It gave me a feeling that I was over coming my excuses of not being able to lose weight. I wanted my weigh in to be positive. I wanted to show my coach that I can do this. I will be 60 this year. I thought I could lose the weight on my own since I knew the diet. My excuse there is always tomorrow to start. I can see where that got me 20 pound gain over the last 4 years. Until last year I was able to stay within 5 pounds and then I do not know what happened. Tuesday is my weigh in and I want to walk in the clinic with my head held high and know I am in control.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #37  

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been "lurking" on these threads for the past six weeks, as this forum has been such a huge wealth of information and encouragement! Everyone here is so supportive, honest and encouraging. I started IP at the clinic 8 weeks ago, due to my MIL losing quite a bit of weight through this diet. 3 weeks in, I had to leave the clinic and go to alternatives, due to a change in income. Ever since then, I have seriously struggled. OP for a few days, then off...then back on...ugh. I finally identified my issue, I am not even hungry, I am emotional...and I eat. I'm talking happy, sad, angry, bored, depressed...you name it. So, thanks to all the wonderful advice here...I have started reading the Beck Diet Solution book, so I can effectively deal with emotional eating and get rid of this weight, forever.
One of the suggestions in this book is to utilize a diet coach. I don't have anyone to ask, so I have decided to be accountable to this forum. This is the best group of "coaches" anyone could ask for. Today, I start am starting fresh and looking at this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. Thank you to everyone for sharing your honesty, struggles, and rewards by changing your life through Ideal Protein.

Sarah
Old 05-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #38  

Slsnow82
You have come to the right place. So much support and knowledge on this forum. You can do it. Stay strong
Old 05-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #39  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Going back to my coach has really motivated next. I did really well the first time around because i felt like I was in control. I was accomplishing something. It gave me a feeling that I was over coming my excuses of not being able to lose weight. I wanted my weigh in to be positive. I wanted to show my coach that I can do this. I will be 60 this year. I thought I could lose the weight on my own since I knew the diet. My excuse there is always tomorrow to start. I can see where that got me 20 pound gain over the last 4 years. Until last year I was able to stay within 5 pounds and then I do not know what happened. Tuesday is my weigh in and I want to walk in the clinic with my head held high and know I am in control.
Congrats on restarting coffeebean! I totally understand you on the "always tomorrow to start." I used that excuse for many, many years - "I will lose weight after X Y Z happens" "I can start eating healthier when the weather's better" - I'm sure I'm not the only one who came up with a gazillion reasons why I couldn't do it right now. Funny how we trick ourselves into thinking that X date would be a better time to start!

Having a good, motivating coach is essential for some people. I needed the accountability and support (I have a wonderful coach). I admire people who do it on their own, that is true determination!

You'll do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slsnow82 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I have been "lurking" on these threads for the past six weeks, as this forum has been such a huge wealth of information and encouragement! Everyone here is so supportive, honest and encouraging. I started IP at the clinic 8 weeks ago, due to my MIL losing quite a bit of weight through this diet. 3 weeks in, I had to leave the clinic and go to alternatives, due to a change in income. Ever since then, I have seriously struggled. OP for a few days, then off...then back on...ugh. I finally identified my issue, I am not even hungry, I am emotional...and I eat. I'm talking happy, sad, angry, bored, depressed...you name it. So, thanks to all the wonderful advice here...I have started reading the Beck Diet Solution book, so I can effectively deal with emotional eating and get rid of this weight, forever.
One of the suggestions in this book is to utilize a diet coach. I don't have anyone to ask, so I have decided to be accountable to this forum. This is the best group of "coaches" anyone could ask for. Today, I start am starting fresh and looking at this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. Thank you to everyone for sharing your honesty, struggles, and rewards by changing your life through Ideal Protein.

Sarah
Hooray Sarah for figuring out the emotional eating! One thing I love about IP is that it really made me look at the reasons I was eating. Had conversations with myself that went:

Little voice: I want to eat something
Me: I'm not hungry, I just ate - drink some water
Little voice: No, I want to eat some XYZ
Me: Why do you want to eat? you're not hungry.
Little voice: But it's cold, rainy and I'm tired and cranky. Food will make it better.
Me: Food won't make it better. Let's go take a bubble bath and then go to bed with a good book.
Little voice: Well, okay. But can we take some food to eat in the bathtub?
Me: No, but if you don't shut up I'll drown you!

You get the idea!

Using this board for accountability and support is a great tool in your IP arsenal - best bunch of people you could hope for! Looking forward to watching your progress.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #40  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!
Just hopping in to quickly mention a deal that I found. I didn't see it mentioned yet, so please excuse me if this is old news.

I know that some others use Premier Nutrition shakes from Sam's Club as a soy-free alternative RTD. I just noticed that they have a $3 coupon for use in grocery stores, and a $4 mail-in-rebate for use at Sam's or Costco posted on their website. Link is here.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited by mainemum; 05-04-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #41  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone! The sun is finally shining after 4 days of straight rain. I'm hoping to get out for a nice walk today, maybe I'll even bring my kitten outside for a bit - last time she loved it!

Congratulations on getting through yesterday, and good luck for today One day at a time! One meal at a time! (I think I should just make a t-shirt with that quote!)
Old 05-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

A pretty big NSV for me. I have always admired how fresh short hair can look, but always felt that my face was too round or I hid behind my hair. Not anymore! Yesterday, I cut off a LOT of my hair. I like it
Old 05-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #43  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
A pretty big NSV for me. I have always admired how fresh short hair can look, but always felt that my face was too round or I hid behind my hair. Not anymore! Yesterday, I cut off a LOT of my hair. I like it
That is cute! You look great with short hair!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
That is cute! You look great with short hair!
Thanks to IP! 83 pounds ago, not so much, lol. Thanks Ruth Ann, cutting it off was kind of liberating. Letting go of another thing that I wouldn't do because of my weight. More than just my body feels lighter!
Old 05-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #45  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
You look great. I love short hair, but with my weight so high, I haven't felt like I can do it. I actually grew it really long for a bit but felt that almost made me heavier. I do think when I hit my goal it might all get chopped off.
Closed Thread