Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #46  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Listening to a cbc radio programme today about Mayor Rob Ford and overcoming alcoholism. The guest on the programme is a recovering alcoholic who used to be the Attorney General of Ontario.

He says the breakthrough comes only when one is finally willing to surrender.

I think that's true for weight loss, too.

Last edited by Annik; 05-04-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #47  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
A pretty big NSV for me. I have always admired how fresh short hair can look, but always felt that my face was too round or I hid behind my hair. Not anymore! Yesterday, I cut off a LOT of my hair. I like it
Very cute! You look great with short hair! I've been thinking too of chopping my hair off once I hit goal. Once upon a time I had a pixie cut, but I've been trying to grow it forever. My hair has never seemed to want to grow past my shoulders.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #48  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Okay I have to share today is break through the slumps day! As of this morning I am officially slightly more than halfway to my goal!!!!!! I finally lost some weight and I ony have 10lbs till onederland, well 9.7 technically lol!!! I am so excited. I also noticed that my newly acquired 16's are already a little baggy... Feeling pretty darn good today to be out of the 2teens and into the 2singles... can't wait for onederland! I am going to make it to my onederland goal by my trip darn it!!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #49  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Okay I have to share today is break through the slumps day! As of this morning I am officially slightly more than halfway to my goal!!!!!! I finally lost some weight and I ony have 10lbs till onederland, well 9.7 technically lol!!! I am so excited. I also noticed that my newly acquired 16's are already a little baggy... Feeling pretty darn good today to be out of the 2teens and into the 2singles... can't wait for onederland! I am going to make it to my onederland goal by my trip darn it!!
Way to go! It's amazing how similar our losses are! At this point I have chosen to go a little lower than you so I am still waiting for the balance to shift where I have lost more than I have left but I also see onederland on the horizon! Weighing I two days early this week so not expecting a huge change but hoping I will be past the 40 pound mark. I have to have at least lost .5.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #50  

Quote:
That is awesome!! Congrats
Old 05-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
A pretty big NSV for me. I have always admired how fresh short hair can look, but always felt that my face was too round or I hid behind my hair. Not anymore! Yesterday, I cut off a LOT of my hair. I like it
Very cute!!!

Quote:
Congrats!

For me, the last few days have been a demonstration of weight loss being non-linear: I've lost more in the last five days than I did the entire 10 days before. My scale puts me in the 220s, and I suspect my official WI on Thursday will, as well. I might even be down 50lbs total this week, which is halfway to my "official" goal.

Last edited by Fearciuil; 05-04-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Thanks to IP! 83 pounds ago, not so much, lol. Thanks Ruth Ann, cutting it off was kind of liberating. Letting go of another thing that I wouldn't do because of my weight. More than just my body feels lighter!
I used to wear mine short when I was young. Then when I was heavy, I just felt round and dumpy. It was nice to get it cut again and not feel that way.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #53  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Way to go! It's amazing how similar our losses are! At this point I have chosen to go a little lower than you so I am still waiting for the balance to shift where I have lost more than I have left but I also see onederland on the horizon! Weighing I two days early this week so not expecting a huge change but hoping I will be past the 40 pound mark. I have to have at least lost .5.
I think I'm going to change my goal too, but I want to see how hard this next 40lbs is, this first 40 was pretty simple but I know the lower you get the harder you get. Plus I am taking my vacation in June and I suspect I will gain some weight as I plan to eat P3 but I also plan to have some cocktails on the beach. So I will be starting over P1 on June 15 and we'll see how it goes. My new goal will be 150 if all goes well and I'm hoping to reach it at the same time I finish student teaching so end of November will be a huge celebration! LOL Of course I will be happy if I get to 160 by then cause I expect there will be some slowing. There are 29 weeks between now and when I'm done with school, and I'm taking a week off so I'll gain some I'm sure. 2lbs a week will put me close in 29 weeks!
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #54  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Congrats on everyone's NSV's AND scale victories, too! I was excited to hear that my hubby (who is doing more like a Phase II alternative IP) is down 12 lbs in 3 weeks (same as me...but no surprise since he's a guy and can lose weight MUCH easier). I'm so proud of both of us for making healthy choices and for being good role models for our kids.

I am the weight I was last summer, so it's been wonderful to fit back into my summer clothes. I'm really noticing my body shifting with fat loss, so my clothes are fitting more complimentary than they did last year. Next goal will be for these clothes to get TOO BIG...but for now I'm happy to just be able to breath when I button pants again.

Nothing makes you feel fatter than your belly being seared in two by too-tight pants!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 164/148

Height: 5'8.5''

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I look forward to this journey. Although my goal is to lose weight, the only absolute thing I want to accomplish is to make it on this plan for 3 months without cheating as I only have about 20 pounds I want to lose. I know I can do this, and look forward to chatting with you all
Old 05-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #56  

I got a migraine this afternoon. I suspect (hope) that it's just the layer of fat I'm burning through; I haven't had a migraine in a couple of years. Suggestions? I know I still need to eat my dinner when I feel up to cooking it.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #57  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegestudent123 View Post
Hi everyone....

I want to start Ideal Protein, but in no way can afford the diet. Do you think this is an ok modified version?

2 Quest Bars/Day
8 oz of lean protein
4 cups of veggies
Lots of water throughout the day
Multi Vitamin
Welcome! I have followed the IP protocol using alternatives and "real food". I definitely do not recommend two bars daily, and with Quest bars, you need to be really careful with which types are compliant. Not all varieties are. Here is what a typical phase one day looked like for me:

B: EAS AdvantEdge shake OR ProtiDiet dry cereal
L: three oz cooked lean protein and two cups veg OR ProtiDiet soup
D: 8 oz lean protein (usually 6 oz cooked-measure raw) and 2 cups veg
Snack: a Quest or Detour (lower sugar) bar OR ProtiDiet pudding, bar, or wafers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
You CAN do this at a significant cost saving!!!

FYI - SOMEONE with the SUPPLEMENT INFO jump in here as I don't have it at hand... You will need more than just a multi-vitamin because you will not get everything you need from the packets, veggies and meat.
Amen to that! And yes, supplements are vital. IP recommends omegas, calcium, magnesium, and potassium to start. Check the protocol sheet for the supplement info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hooray Sarah for figuring out the emotional eating! One thing I love about IP is that it really made me look at the reasons I was eating. Had conversations with myself that went:

Little voice: I want to eat something
Me: I'm not hungry, I just ate - drink some water
Little voice: No, I want to eat some XYZ
Me: Why do you want to eat? you're not hungry.
Little voice: But it's cold, rainy and I'm tired and cranky. Food will make it better.
Me: Food won't make it better. Let's go take a bubble bath and then go to bed with a good book.
Little voice: Well, okay. But can we take some food to eat in the bathtub?
Me: No, but if you don't shut up I'll drown you!
Ha! Love this!

Quote:
Adorable! Your cut is fantastic!

Quote:
Excellent! Glad you pushed through it!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #58  
AmberLS

Thanks, I was beginning to feel pretty stuck in the teens... I've been up and down and up and down for a couple of weeks, always ending down, but only a pound or so it was getting discouraging... but ALAS I have made it one step closer to wonderland, it makes me very excited!
Old 05-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 217/215/135

Height: 5'0"

Not sure if this is the right place. But I have been reading this site for about two weeks now to get started on the alternate ip plan. I think I have everything listed. Checked. Organized. Printed out. Favored. Tagged. You name it I researched it EXCEPT the vitamins. Can anyone direct me to an exact list of what I need to buy/take? I have searched everywhere but I haven't found the right post. TIA!!

Ok just read above about a protocol sheet? Can I get a copy of that please? Or a point in that direction.

Last edited by WJMONTE; 05-04-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJMONTE View Post
Ok just read above about a protocol sheet? Can I get a copy of that please? Or a point in that direction.
Check out the links in the first post in this thread. The protocol sheets will be there.

Welcome!
Closed Thread