3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #106
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Today I begin my final class towards completing my MBA. Very excited to be done at the end of June. I have several trips lined up in July and August so it will be a nice treat once it's over.

I have talked to my coach about phasing off during July and August. I will be traveling for over 3 weeks total, and am pretty sure I won't be able to stay 100% op. I will try to eat healthy and exercise on the trips, but don't want to be paying for IP food if I'm only halfway sticking to it. I could use a little mental break from it as well. The only thing that scares me is reading how difficult it is for people to start a second time.
All successful people, men and women, are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.
-Brian Tracy
Old 05-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #107

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi,

Want2b, when I met with the coach, we talked about where I am weight wise. I am wearing either a small or medium top, a size 10 dress and size 10 pants. I would really like to get to 155, but she asked me how I feel about my body and health now and to be honest- I feel great. She said that she is more than comfortable suggesting phase off now, because my % of fat is well within the healthy range. So I am hoping that the whoosh fairy arrives soon and that I continue to lose in the phases. I start phasing off this Fri. I will be away for two days for my nephew's graduation. I am planning on two eggs in the morning, but beyond that I will have to figure out my food at the restaurants. I am sure it will be fine. As for the rest of the time on Phase 2, I think I will make double portions at dinner and take leftovers for lunch. I am a bit overwhelmed about the idea of separating fat and carb meals at lunch and dinner in Phase 4. It is becoming very clear to me that there is no end, this is a life choice. So, I guess I am not really excited about it. Phase 1 is easy, but I am looking forward to a glass of wine at the end of June.

My two cents about phasing off for summer. If you are not happy with where you are now, do not do it. Summer is full of temptations and we Newbies have fallen for them before. Having read quite a bit of info. on maintenance, it seems like there are more food choices but lots of planning and structure to keep the weight off.

Jig, good luck with your last class

Hiker, a yard takes time to develop. My veggies are done in raised beds and containers. I planted zucchini, cucumbers, tomatillos, a variety of tomatoes, spaghetti squash and peppers. I also grow a lettuce bowl with a spicy mix.

Started maintenance: June 14, 2014
Old 05-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #108

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hiker: You are so right, we don't get enough summer and it goes by so fast. I have decided to not buy any flowers this year, too hard to look after when we camp almost every weekend.

Jig: 3 weeks vacay will be a nice reward for all the schooling you have done! Enjoy it!

Slip: You are so right, this needs to be a life choice not a "diet" where we finish. Of course I think that is easier said then done. I have been thinking about this a lot and I think part of the success will still be in the planning of what we eat. For me I am still going to have to say "no" to things and ONLY have a cheat meal once in a while. I am sure you will do great.

I too have thought about phasing off for summer and then get back on track in Sept. Glad to know I am not the only one having these feelings. I know for me it was not an easy decision, but I have decided to be super strict from now until July 1st and see what happens. I have 16-21lbs left to get to where I want to be, so I think I will be fairly close to that come July 1st. I am going to keep going until I get to goal, I feel if I phase off now I have "given up" and not sure I would ever get back OP. This time I really want to get to goal, I figure I NEED to keep going while the motivation is still there. LOL.
Today a friend and I went golfing for the first time this season. The difference I felt in my body walking the course from last year was huge! I guess it is the little things I notice that still amaze me, and keep me motivated to keep going!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #109
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I was an October newbie and was doing so well. Some emotional crap hit me and off I went, on a complete free fall eating and drinking all I wanted. I am back up to where I started and felling so huge. I am really uncomfortable and cant quite believe what I am seeing in the mirror. Anyway, I am ready to restart, have bought a couple of Eas packs and now just need to do it. I know I can it's just that mental thing I do to myself thinking I will fail so why start. I just gotta go for it. Please tell me I can do this!!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #110
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I was an October newbie and was doing so well. Some emotional crap hit me and off I went, on a complete free fall eating and drinking all I wanted. I am back up to where I started and felling so huge. I am really uncomfortable and cant quite believe what I am seeing in the mirror. Anyway, I am ready to restart, have bought a couple of Eas packs and now just need to do it. I know I can it's just that mental thing I do to myself thinking I will fail so why start. I just gotta go for it. Please tell me I can do this!!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #111

Jemma, welcome back! Just jump right back on and the weight will be gone in no time at all. Take it one meal at a time, but get started

Old 05-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #112

Jenna, you can do this. The first week will be hard but after that it will be better. Get started today, you will feel so much better about yourself. When I first started IP I never thought it was going to work, but almost 70lbs later I am a believer. Stick to the plan and the weight will come off.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 AM   #113

Height: 5 '6

I had a long comment written out and I lost it!! Grrrrr..

Slip, I agree with you... turns out I was PMS'ing.. between hormones and recovering from last week's stress.... definitely not time to make a decision on whether I should phase off or not!!

want2b, I like your strategy! Giver till July!! I always love my flowers but by the time August roles around I get real tired of watering!! LOL!

Its a long weekend coming up for us Canadians so tomorrow I'm taking off early from work.... buying a little rv trailer and headed to my parents cabin!! Yay!! I'm looking forward to some destress time and a good laugh with 3 or 4 of my sisters who will be there.

My mom is on a strict low carb plan and Hawaii69 is on maintenance so I shouldn't be tempted to cheat.. helps to have eyes watching!! LOL!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #114
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Its a long weekend coming up for us Canadians so tomorrow I'm taking off early from work.... buying a little rv trailer and headed to my parents cabin!! Yay!! I'm looking forward to some destress time and a good laugh with 3 or 4 of my sisters who will be there.

My mom is on a strict low carb plan and Hawaii69 is on maintenance so I shouldn't be tempted to cheat.. helps to have eyes watching!! LOL!
Oh, that sounds like fun! Have a great weekend with your family!

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Old 05-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #115

Hiker we could be sisters! LOL. I don't water in August either! And we are going camping this weekend too. Hopefully the weather will be better where you are, it is supposed to rain most of the weekend here.
WI day for me down 1.8lbs this week. Feels like I am back on track again.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #116

Hi everyone,

It is cold here again. Seems weird to be the middle of May with raw temps in the 50s. Very tired of feeling cold.

Hawaii, Hiker and Want2b- have fun camping. Happy long weekend!

Jemma, how was your day?

Luccilove and Steph, how are you?

Rain expected here too. I am headed up to New Hampshire for my nephew's college grad. Even took a personal day and now it is going to pour rain. Oh, the best laid plans....6 people, 4 tickets if it is an inside grad. Have to go anyway because the $300.00 hotel room in non refundable. At least I will see him receive his award on Friday.

This is a tired week for me. I am pms-ing too and retaining water as usual. It will be interesting to see if my puffy ankles go away in maintenance. That would make me happy

Old 05-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #117

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree--I am here plugging along. Weird weather here kinda of cold and about to pour for tom and Friday. Stuggling with IP. I just dont feel like doing or I should say I have been cheating more-like tasting or having a bit of something I shouldnt. I also have my TOM so who knows. I have my WI in tom. feel I either gained or stayed the same.

What college in NH?

Jig--Where are you going to travel too? Sounds found. Kohls has a new sale with 30% off.

Question for everyone. Went to a Wegmans and they had baby romaine lettuce it was green and purple leaves-is that the same as eating regular romaine lettuce? I didnt look at the label so I dont know if it was the same. Just curious. Thanks
Old 05-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #118

Hi Luccilove,

Sorry that you are struggling. I have been fighting extra restricted temptation too. I think we are at a pivotal point. We just need to white knuckle it through this period, because we have come way to far to crash and burn now. I keep thinking about all the people that gain it all back. No way in h*ll is that going to be us. I am getting a little bit freaked out about the rules of maintenance, it seems almost as restrictive as phase 1.

Nephew came through and got an extra ticket for grad. Yay! He goes to Plymouth. I went to Keene.

Not sure about the lettuce question.

Do not give up my friend! We are worth all the effort it is taking. Our health is the prize. Plus I love fun clothes shopping.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #119

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree--U are totally right. We have come to far. I have friends that went to both of those colleges but along time ago! hahahah
Old 05-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #120
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Lucci-I'm going to San Diego in June for my buddy's wedding and golf for 4 days. In July I'll head over to our family's beach house for 2 weeks or so of fishing, crabbing and relaxing on the beach. In August I'll fly to Idaho for a few days for my cousin's wedding and then a bunch of family is meeting in Denver for a week. I also have some friends that live in Denver. Not to mention I love taking weekend driving trips to Seattle, Portland, Spokane to see relatives/friends and hopefully catch a few Mariners games.
All successful people, men and women, are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.
-Brian Tracy
Closed Thread