3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   October Newbies-magnificent motivation in May! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295392-october-newbies-magnificent-motivation-may.html)

want2bskinnyagain 05-11-2014 11:52 AM

Steph: I live 2.5 hours from Calgary. We don't come to Calgary very often, too far for day trips...and we spent too much money! LOL

KookySuki 05-11-2014 12:09 PM

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm just enjoying my coffee and IP drink. Since my mom is far away, I'll be calling her later, but other than that, no definite plans for the day. My friend who is visiting is in San Francisco today and tomorrow, so I'm not hosting today.

I'll probably relax by the pool and read, get some laundry done, go for a walk, and go grocery shopping. I also need to go buy some fans because it's supposed to be in the 80's here this week and my apartment is not air conditioned because it rarely gets above the 60's here. I have a feeling we're going to have a hot summer.

What is everyone up to today?

stephascope 05-11-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain (Post 5002122)
Steph: I live 2.5 hours from Calgary. We don't come to Calgary very often, too far for day trips...and we spent too much money! LOL

Haha, I live in Calgary and I always spend too much money here.

Finally was nice enough to go for a bike ride. Took our dog in a trailer hooked up to my husband's bike and she cried and freaked out the whole time. :mad:
It was still nice to get out though.

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms with real kids and also fur kids. ;)

Slipfree 05-11-2014 07:22 PM

Hi everyone,

The veggie patch is planted, herb box is planted (except for the basils), 3 deck rail boxes and two containers are done. Also sowed some seeds in the perennial area of the garden(this does not usually work). It was glorious to be outside in this beautiful weather. Lot's of work still to be done, but I feel good about what is done.

After 7 and it is still warm with the sun shining brightly. Maybe spring is finally here.

Jig 05-12-2014 12:18 PM

Happy One day late mother's day to all the mother's on here. I smoked an 8 lb brisket for my family on my Traeger and spent mother's day with my parents and both sets of grandparents. It was hard to stop at only a few ounces of the brisket because it tasted so good, was careful to eat around the fat too.

I really enjoyed my weekend. I bought my first house in March of 2013. I've had several different areas of the house that I started painting and decorating but got busy along the way and they've sat unfinished for months now. Finally got some reinforcements over the weekend and we knocked out a ton of jobs. My "man cave" is almost complete. Decked out with my Seattle Mariners/Seahawks memorabilia. I have a guy coming to work on my sprinklers in a couple weeks and then I'll start doing a bunch of landscaping. Taking out some of the boring grass and putting in flower and rock beds, and hopefully installing a fountain. Excited for the transformation.

KookySuki 05-12-2014 01:57 PM

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share this article I read about maintenance today. I thought I'd share because we're all either there or will be at some point, and this seems to break it down in a simplified format.

http://www.idealhealthcenter.com/1/p...-nutshell.html

Hope everyone's having a good day!

LUCCILOVE 05-12-2014 03:45 PM

Hello! Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

JIG--Congrats on your own house. You will have to send us photos when u are done with your man cave sounds fun!

Slipfree-Cant wait to see photos of your new veggie garden. I would like to have that one day

Did some house hunting this weekend - nothing yet.

Saw my IP Dr today for liver and IP check up. My liver results are totally normal but we both think it was because I was off IP on the cruise the levels are normal but it proves to us it is the diet so I am ok with all of that now. My latest problem is my hair is following out. I have very fine and thin anyways and I have started to use in the last month colored hair powder so you don't see my bald spots. It is annoying to me. Dr. said I can start to use biotin to see if that helps a bit but it takes several months before it works. Anyone else on a biotin supplement? Curious what you use and if you have seen any results? Let me know. Thanks

I did a lot of prep and cooking this week for IP-much easier when I do this for during the week. Even my hubby helps me which is very nice. He does a lot of the measuring of the pickles and salad. Any help I can get is great.

I need to get back in my zone to get rid of the extra 30-40lbs and then I will see what goal I want to be at.

Have a great day!!!

Slipfree 05-12-2014 04:52 PM

Hi Y'all,

Tired after a Monday. Only 26 school days left, Yay! Need to head outside to plant some more stuff and water.

Jig, your DIY sounds great. I would love to have a fountain, but it does not suit the landscape.

Luccilove- I will take picture when the garden starts to flourish. As for hair, I was definitely losing a lot. Thankfully, I have a lot of fine hair. Hairdresser said that she can already see re-growth. I did read other posts about using biotin. Also glad your tests were good.

Kooky, thanks I will read the article later tonight.

Steph, sorry that the puppy did not enjoy the ride :( but, Thank goodness for the weather.

Hiker88 05-12-2014 05:07 PM

Hi everyone... I wanted you to know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!! Life was sooo crazy last week! Then the weekend was busy with buying, planting my flowers.. and having friends over for dinner...

I had a two tough days last week with exhaustion and high stress but my IP food order is in and all is good... I'm fighting a cold so gave myself the the afternoon off... I need a nap and considering the hours I put in the last month.. no guilt!!

want2bskinnyagain 05-12-2014 05:19 PM

Slip: How are the muscles from all the planting?

Jig: The reno's sound awesome. Always nice to have help.

Kooky: Thanks for the article. I love reading stuff on weight loss and maintaining. Keeps me focused.

Lucci: Glad the liver results were normal, and things will get better once on maintenance.

Worked today, which is normally my day off. Got my weight workout in and got to sit in the sun. All is good. :D

Slipfree 05-12-2014 05:52 PM

Want2b, you are so right,lol! My legs are hurting from all the squats. Need to move some perennials, but do not have the umph after working all day. Will have to do it next weekend. It is so nice to have sun and warmth. We are back to rain tomorrow.

Hawaii69 05-12-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KookySuki (Post 5002710)
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share this article I read about maintenance today. I thought I'd share because we're all either there or will be at some point, and this seems to break it down in a simplified format.

http://www.idealhealthcenter.com/1/p...-nutshell.html

Hope everyone's having a good day!

Great advice! Thanks!

Slipfree 05-13-2014 06:43 AM

Good morning,

Hope that you have an easy OP day.

want2bskinnyagain 05-13-2014 09:57 AM

You too Slip. How are you feeling about starting maintenece? Do you have a plan? Are you mentally preparing yourself? Just wondering since this will be a new step.

Hiker88 05-13-2014 11:16 AM

I planted my flowers but only picked up two tomoatoe plants this year. I still have to plant sod and landscape the back yard. Next years project will be a raised garden... then I'll venture into the vegetables!

As usual its going to be a crazy busy summer... the nice weather here in the north is so short lived, I feel like we try to squeeze in as much stuff as possible before we see the white stuff fly again... I'm trying to decide if I should phase off for the summer or just muscle through and finish my weight loss... I lean towards just getting to goal but I just don't feel as focussed as I used to be and wondering if a I need a little break... I'm going to give it a couple of weeks to decide since the last few weeks were so stressful... I don't think I should make up my mind based on how I feel today... I'll see how I do now that life is returning to just normal busy instead of crazy busy!