3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

October Newbies-magnificent motivation in May!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #76

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/235.4/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

Much better day today. OP so far Heading to my Aunt's at 5:30. Need to focus on the visit, not the hassle of figuring out everything I need to take with me.

Want2b- glad you made it through the party. What concert?

Kind of glad that my slip is out of the way. I have been nervous about phasing off and going on vacation the first week of Maintenance. Knowing that I can get back on track is a relief.
Slip,

We've all had those moments, and you've graciously helped us through them. As you said yesterday, "Tomorrow is another day", and look at what you've done today! Keep on keeping on. Proud of you for coming through it and realizing that you can redirect yourself!

Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #77

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Nice visit with my family. Amazing how I do not pay any attention to the food anymore. Could not even tell you what they ate. Preparation is the key to success. I actually remembered to bring everything.

Started maintenance: June 14, 2014
Old 05-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #78

Anything fun planned for today, Slip?

Old 05-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #79

Hi,

My day: flower market, Weigh In , baseball game up at UCONN (cousin's son from Houston is playing against UCONN), dinner at Aunt's house with family here from Georgia, Texas and MA. Just a little busy!

How about you?

Old 05-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #80

Quote:
Hi,

My day: flower market, Weigh In , baseball game up at UCONN (cousin's son from Houston is playing against UCONN), dinner at Aunt's house with family here from Georgia, Texas and MA. Just a little busy!

How about you?
Dental cleaning, gym, horse time with Luke, if it clears up maybe some gardening/weeding. Have to finish picking up all the brush from the trees.. And mow the lawn too...

Old 05-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #81

S/C/G: 241.6/160/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Nice visit with my family. Amazing how I do not pay any attention to the food anymore. Could not even tell you what they ate. Preparation is the key to success. I actually remembered to bring everything.
Great NSV/complete mind set change from the beginning of IP! I remember when all of us were so freaked out all of the time about food being at an event and white knuckling it to get through. It seems like that time has passed for us. I'm sure there will be times when some particular food will look AMAZING, but I think we've got our "eyes on the prize" and realize that there will be other times to eat these foods in moderation when in maintenance.

Have fun at all your events today!

I'm headed to Big Sur today to go to lunch then the beach with my friend and her family who is in town. It's a beautiful day and I'm so relieved not to be freaking out over what I can't have at lunch. I'm just going to enjoy the day and focus on having fun and making sure my guests do the same.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #82

So baseball game is off. Parents do not want to risk driving over an hour and sitting in the rain.

Went to my phase off meeting. The owner said she thinks the time is now. In the normal range for everything except BMI and that is in the healthy range. Will begin Phase 2 next Sat. Talked to her about my nervousness regarding vacation and she was very down to earth and realistic. Let it go, don't go crazy but enjoy. She said most people gain on vacation, but dealing with that result is what makes the difference. She said she just gained 6 pounds on vacation, so she is doing a week of phase 1. My take away was that this life long process is about realistic expectations. Talked to her about the slip and the C too. Very helpful conversation.

Kooky, have fun. Glad that you have reached IP Zen. Enjoy your lunch and the beach!

Off to buy plants for the garden. It will be nice to have some me time.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #83

S/C/G: 193/155/155

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
So baseball game is off. Parents do not want to risk driving over an hour and sitting in the rain.

Went to my phase off meeting. The owner said she thinks the time is now. In the normal range for everything except BMI and that is in the healthy range. Will begin Phase 2 next Sat. Talked to her about my nervousness regarding vacation and she was very down to earth and realistic. Let it go, don't go crazy but enjoy. She said most people gain on vacation, but dealing with that result is what makes the difference. She said she just gained 6 pounds on vacation, so she is doing a week of phase 1. My take away was that this life long process is about realistic expectations. Talked to her about the slip and the C too. Very helpful conversation.

Kooky, have fun. Glad that you have reached IP Zen. Enjoy your lunch and the beach!

Off to buy plants for the garden. It will be nice to have some me time.
Sounds like you have a good coach with good advice. My coach told me to be realistic on my holiday as well and to enjoy myself. I enjoyed myself but didn't go too crazy. We also did a lot of walking and I drank lots of water. Then I went right back to phase 1 when I returned and lost the rest of the weight. My coach was excellent and I appreciated her good advice along the way, sometimes we just need reassurance.

Maintenance since March 2014
Old 05-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #84

Hawaii, I have a different coach almost every time, it is a large clinic. This time and next, I have the owner. The conversation was very reassuring. I have been stressed about making that goal number by the phase off date and that has just felt like pressure all the time. I have a tendency to have very high expectations of myself and I think that I just need to chill. Definitely feel better, thank you for sharing that you lost more after your holiday

So... I just spent a fortune on plants! Mainly herbs, tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper, spaghetti squash and annuals. They were sold out of Zucchini. Plan on spending tomorrow planting, since I have been with my Mama two days in a row.
The weather is warm and the sun is actually shining.

Hope you are all having a great day!

Old 05-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #85

Slipfree- Sounds like you're meeting went well. I'm glad you got the advice you needed and thanks for sharing it. Congratulations on finishing P1!! Also, it sounds like your garden is going to be full of yummy veggies!

I had a great day today. I went to Big Sur for lunch with my friend, her mom, and daughter, and had a salad with seared ahi. I made my own dressing at the table with lemon juice, Dijon, and olive oil and it tasted good. I was shocked that my mouth wasn't watering at the burgers, fries, and beers/wine, but nothing triggered me. I'm set on phasing off in mid-July even if I don't hit my goal of 140 which may be overly aggressive (coach approves), and I'm 100% now and have been for about a month. No cheats, not even for my friend's wedding in July. I am phasing off in July for my vacation in August. If I'm not happy with my weight in August after vacation, I'll go back on P1 and then phase off again later.

We went to a beach I had never been to before and it was SUPER windy. We only stayed for 10 minutes or so because there was basically sand blowing all over us. I got some good pictures and found a new beach to go when it's not as windy.

Last edited by KookySuki : 05-10-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #86

S/C/G: 235.6/150.2/145

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: We went to see Luke Bryan, great concert, he puts on a good show. Glad you talked to a coach and got some good advice. I think feeling confident going into maintenance will help us be more successful. Congrats on sticking with IP and getting to this phase.

Kooky: Great job not drooling on the burgers and fries! LOL. Nice to have a good visit and not focus on food.

Our weekend was good, ate some things I shouldn't have. I told DH that I have been having little bites of things I shouldn't have and I think that is part of the reason I am losing slower as well as getting closer to goal and the weight being harder to come off. I also told him from now until July I am going to be as strict as I was in Oct. I want to lose these last few pounds before summer so I can phase off.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Slip: We went to see Luke Bryan, great concert, he puts on a good show. Glad you talked to a coach and got some good advice. I think feeling confident going into maintenance will help us be more successful. Congrats on sticking with IP and getting to this phase.

Kooky: Great job not drooling on the burgers and fries! LOL. Nice to have a good visit and not focus on food.

Our weekend was good, ate some things I shouldn't have. I told DH that I have been having little bites of things I shouldn't have and I think that is part of the reason I am losing slower as well as getting closer to goal and the weight being harder to come off. I also told him from now until July I am going to be as strict as I was in Oct. I want to lose these last few pounds before summer so I can phase off.
Glad you had fun at the concert! I think summer being almost here is a good motivator to be strict OP, as to not prolong P1. P1 is great 90% of the time because I like how easy it is to put meals together, but I'm looking forward to more flexibility in maintenance. Let's hope we all get lots of whoosh fairy visits soon! Tonight would be nice timing for one- whoosh fairy, if you're listening!
Old 05-11-2014, 12:18 AM   #88

Hi everyone,

My jam filled weekend with family is done. It was nice to see all of them. I am tired though. Hoping to be motivated enough tomorrow to get some things planted.

Kooky, phase 2 does not begin until next Sat. So glad that you are having fun with your friend. Great pictures!

Want2b, sounds like a fun concert. I don't know, other than my slip the other night- I have been OP and my average is now 2.3/week. The body can so be temperamental. You are right about maintenance too. Feeling confident and planning will= positive results.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:36 AM   #89

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Slip: We went to see Luke Bryan, great concert, he puts on a good show.
Do you live in or near Calgary want2be? I had a bunch of FB friends posting about going to that yesterday night. Glad you enjoyed it!

Old 05-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #90

Good morning,

It is a beautiful day here in CT! The sun is shining and the temperatures are warm. First real spring day so far this year. I am enjoying my coffee now, but am determined to get the veggie patch and the herb box (lots) planted today.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you. Hope that your plans are full of fun.

Dlr- what's going on with you?

Sweetness- hope you are doing well.

Wine4me- are you around?

Luccilove- any luck with the house?

Hiker- are you finished with your crunch time at work?

Still miss Airportchick.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.