Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #46  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Hey all, hope you're doing well! I didn't buy any food two weeks ago at my weigh in because I had a cupboard full of IP food that I've tried but didn't like because my old clinic would only let you buy in boxes and then last week my weigh in was canceled so I didn't buy any new IP food again. I've almost gone through all the bad Ip food I've had. Ready to get back into some of the better tasting options.

I was going through my closest and dresser last night and filled bag after bag of old clothing that is now way too big for me! I'm hesitant to buy any new clothes though because I still have a ways to go before hitting maintenance so everything I wear is slightly baggy. Not so professional but good for the wallet.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Mine are the same way...grr! At least bras help lift and shape, but I'm really hoping they don't look like this permanently or I might get a reduction or lift. I'm just happy not to have to special order my bras online anymore due to the size.
Kooky,

You know, I thought that losing weight would fix that problem for me. I still have 107lbs to go till I get to goal, but I'm now in a 36 band size bra. Went and had a professional bra fitting. It was glorious (as if bra shopping could be glorious).. Downside is even though I went down in band size, I still have to get specialty bras because the girls are well.. shall we say robust (pun intended). I went from a 50DDD to a 36HH.. *mind boggles*
Old 05-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig View Post
Hey all, hope you're doing well! I didn't buy any food two weeks ago at my weigh in because I had a cupboard full of IP food that I've tried but didn't like because my old clinic would only let you buy in boxes and then last week my weigh in was canceled so I didn't buy any new IP food again. I've almost gone through all the bad Ip food I've had. Ready to get back into some of the better tasting options.

I was going through my closest and dresser last night and filled bag after bag of old clothing that is now way too big for me! I'm hesitant to buy any new clothes though because I still have a ways to go before hitting maintenance so everything I wear is slightly baggy. Not so professional but good for the wallet.
Jig,
I've still got a ways to go buddy, but as I learned, you really do need to spend something on yourself. I buy most of my stuff at goodwill or thrift shops. I went down from a size 24 to a 20 in about a month and a half, so buying brand new is not an option!!! That being said, even if you are buying via thrift shops the "new to you" clothing in a smaller size is going to show off all the hard work you're doing!! BE PROUD OF YOUR CHANGES!!! Show off the "new and improved Jig"

Maddy
Old 05-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #49  

So,

Here's motivation for you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Faces.jpg (23.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I survived relatively unscathed!

Want2b- congrats on your loss! Each pound is moving in the right direction. Congrats on the size 10!

Jig, maybe one new outfit?

Kooky- I do think getting rid of the clothes is a cathartic. Good for you.

Luccilove, how are you doing?

Hawaii and Hiker, hope you are having a good day.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Kawaii1002--wow. you look and are a different person - AMAZING. I think it is great to see the changes. Keep up the great work!!! Great motivation.

JIG--Clothes wise--Are you still a "big and tall" guy in clothes - I ask cause my Dad is. We found really inexpensive clothes at Kohls (especially when they have a sale and coupons-best options online), kmart, and walmart. (I have been going to these places as well for me because I dont feel bad if I ruin then or they get too big on me). Kohls also take most clothes back for any reason.

I am not having a good week. I find this round is a little harder for me to stay OP. Not sure why. I have been super hungry and just not wanting to do IP. Which is not good since I have another 30-40lbs at least to go. It is just frustrating. Need to get focused again. Have my WI in tom. I feel like I only reply when I whine, complain or *****. I dont mean too. It is just frustrating.

Just wanted to vent. Dont know what my prob is this week. I am also pre-TOM could have alot to do with it. FUN!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #52  

Luccilove, feel free to vent. Otherwise, we do not let out the emotions. I think you just have to focus on one bite at a time to get back OP. And... Posting more keeps me focused too. I don't think that any of us "want" to do IP, lol. I think that we want the results and the freedom that comes with losing the weight.

I am struggling this week with veggies, because of C. I just do not want to eat them. Already feel all backed up, but I am going to make myself eat them. I want goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And each darn veggie is a step toward getting there.

I know you can get your groove back, I believe in you.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree-hug right back. thanks for the support - it is appreciated. Will try to get back in the zone!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Jig: Great job on getting rid of some of the larger clothes you will not need again! That is a great thing and feels so good.

Kawaii: Your pics are inpirational for sure. You look amazing and so much happier.

Slip: Glad you are still alive to tell the tale! LOL. I bet you are tired now.

Lucci: I agree with Slip, complain away. We know what you are going thru, we have been there. We also are here to support each other not just in the good times, in the bad/hard times as well. I like to read some motivational weight loss stuff on the web, pinterest is good for stuff like that. Keeps me away from the food and makes me keep going.

It is my DD's b-day party tomorrow, she is 10. I told her I will make her a cake but I won't eat any of it. She got all pouty and said "but I only turn 10 once"! I will not have any cake, even for that guilt trip! LOL.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Kooky,

You know, I thought that losing weight would fix that problem for me. I still have 107lbs to go till I get to goal, but I'm now in a 36 band size bra. Went and had a professional bra fitting. It was glorious (as if bra shopping could be glorious).. Downside is even though I went down in band size, I still have to get specialty bras because the girls are well.. shall we say robust (pun intended). I went from a 50DDD to a 36HH.. *mind boggles*
I like the pun! Bra fittings actually do take the pain out of bra shopping. They do all of the work for you. I'm glad you treated yourself to that. I've heard that most women are wearing the wrong bra size. I think it's best to just let someone measure you and help you pick the best styles fir your size/shape.

Your progress pictures are amazing! You've come so far and look great!

Last edited by KookySuki; 05-07-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #56  

Jig- Congrats on getting rid of your bigger clothes! I just did that and it felt great.

Slipfree- I'm glad you made it through the day. I'm getting tired of eating veggies too and I have had problems with the big c too. I need to start making some new dishes so I'm not as bored/force-feeding myself the same stuff.

Lucci- I'm sorry you're having a tough week on IP. I have weeks like those and it's usually when I'm pre-TOM. Hang in there and keep going and you'll start feeling good again. My doctor and coach said it's ok to eat an extra HB egg or two when you're starving. I've done that in the past and it did not ever affect my losses. I know HB eggs aren't tbsp exciting, but you can jazz them up with truffle salt or I like just sea salt and back pepper. Hope you get your mojo back soon.

Want2B- Congrats on your loss this week! My coach said her losses got a lot smaller when she got closer to goal.

My loss this week SUCKED! .6 lbs...not even a whole pound and then less than 2 inches from the measurements. Blah...I've back better losses eating pizza one time. I wonder what threw me off. I was 100% OP. I think I maybe sensitive to the crisps, so those are going to be a 1-2 times per week snack for me. I also tried Sparking Ice and had it twice (rhyming not intentional) because I read on another clinic's FB Page that it was ok, but maybe it's not. It's 0/0/0 with sucralose as the sweetener, so who knows?! I'm a little annoyed and hope something stupid like crisps (an IP product) or a 0 calories drink didn't screw me up.

I'm starting to get concerned about getting to goal before two big events this summer: a friend's wedding here in July and I'm going on a mini-vacation/retreat to a Buddhist Zen Center in Big Sur in August. Surprisingly, the Zen Center has really good food and is known for their bread and vegetarian food. I don't want to be there worrying about meat because I don't think they serve meat. I want to be in maintenance for those, but according to Model My Diet, I won't hit goal until August. I'm thinking of changing my goal to 150 instead of 140 and just busting my *** to get there and see how it goes.

Last edited by KookySuki; 05-08-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #57  

Thought I would join Maddy in some picture motivation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (40.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Beautiful pics kawaii and slip free! You both look great! I hope everyone can keep going even though it's challenging at times! It's so worth getting to goal and you'll be so happy to be a healthier you! You can do it!!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:30 AM   #59  

Kooky, love the new pictures!

Keep the momentum going forward today. Many small choices add up to great change. We are doing this!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #60  

Slipfree- Thanks for the encouragement!

Yesterday my friend from OH got into town. We went to a Hawaiian tiki bar/restaurant for dinner. This is one of my favorite restaurants in the area and a great happy hour spot where I used to go with friends to get fun cocktails and appetizers (amazing sweet potato fries). I did not have a drop of alcohol nor was I tempted by the non-OP food which was strange, but good. We share ahi sashimi and seaweed salad as an appetizer and I had blackened salmon with an arugula salad for my entree. I think I did pretty well and I take it as a good sign that my urge to drink/eat off plan was not triggered. I focused more on catching IP with my friend, enjoying the food I could have, and the fun atmosphere.

Last edited by KookySuki; 05-08-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Closed Thread