Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 11:39 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Well, another day is done. Only two more days of Phase 2, yahoo! My observation went fine. The kids were really good and focused-our summative assessment for the entire 7th grade SS curriculum is tomorrow. It will be an interesting day!

Want2b- I am glad that your motivation is strong. I have been reflecting on a lot on this experience as I get closer to goal. I am amazed at how much has changed. Tonight I had a 4:30 meeting at a restaurant. Everyone munched down on apps, pizza, and drinks- I had coffee. What has changed most-is that I do not even pay attention to the food. I do not NEED food. That is stunning to me still.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #257  

Good morning Sunshines,

Hope that you have a great OP day!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Congrats on the 150's Want2B!!!

My WI was yesterday and I lost 2.4 lbs putting me at 168.2, so I just made it into the 160's! Went out to dinner with a friend last night. Had ahi tuna and an arugula salad with lemon and olive oil. I don't think I got the full amount of protein or veggies, but I'm glad I stayed OP with the food.

Slipfree- I'm glad your observation went well!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: great job at the restaurant, that is amazing progress.

Kooky: Excellent work, making it to new numbers on the scale. Seeing new numbers is exciting for me, I love when it happens.

Hope everyone has a strong OP day.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Its great to see the success you are all having and the numbers going down! Makes me want to continue successful in maintenance. And its so true about all that food Slip, it tastes different after you have been off of it and have been eating healthy for so long.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #261  

Hi everyone,

Class average for 77 students- 91%! I am totally wiped out. Did not know how stressed I was about this test, The results count as 40 % of my evaluation. Time to relax a little
Old 05-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #262  

Hawaii: Hope you are right about the food not tasting the same after you have not had it for a while...I have been craving nachos and chocolate for 2 days!

Slip: Wow, your kids did great. Relax a little, you have earned it.

So I am having a few cravings the last couple of days, JUST had TOM so not sure what is up with that. Just upping my water and tea intake to get thru. I had cravings at the beginning but not lately, anyone else?

Going camping tomorrow and may not be able to check in, not sure if there will be wifi where we are going. If not I hope everyone has a sunny weekend, stay strong!!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #263  

Want2b- I had two non restricted oatmeal packets for dinner instead of my 8 ounces of real protein. I just could not face cooking. I am already in bed. Need to do better with "real" protein. I am not having cravings, but def. go through hungrier times. I just tell myself that I will not die from having a growling stomach. So like you, I make another cup of tea. Good luck with camping, stay strong!

Going to a retirement party tomorrow night. Sat. is my Phase 3 meeting and start. Have read that some people feel a little sick after eating the breakfast, so I want start it on the weekend. My clinic has brownies back in stock
Old 05-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #264  

Height: 5 '6

Yay! I also ordered brownies with my last shipment.. sadly they won't be here until I'm back from my trip in 10 days or so.

Crazy busy at work this week... someone in head office had the bright idea to schedule a conference the first week of a month and no... we don't get an extension to get our month end done!!

Very tired too slip! Fighting a bug going around but so far it hasn't caught up with me! Sweet dreams and I hope you get a good night's rest!

Have a great camping trip want2b! have to enjoy the great outdoors while we can!!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:41 AM   #265  

Hiker, hope that you stay healthy and make it through all of this work stress.

Hawaii, thanks for the support and encouragement.

Missing the rest of the Newbies. Hope all is well.

Happy, happy, happy Friday!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:34 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Slipfree- Congratulations on your students' test scores! That just be a relief, especially going into the weekend. I say treat yourself you something special this weekend.

Want2B- Have fun camping! I bet you can make dome really good P1 meals on a grill- steak or chicken and grilled veggies. I haven't been getting many cravings, but I notice I get hungrier during PMS and TOM. My clinic says a hardboiled egg or two is fine to eat when I'm hungry. I also eat the crisps if I'm craving something salty and Chocolate Soy Puffs or Chocolate Drink if my craving chocolate. It seems to do the trick.

Hiker- hope you can fight off that bug and feel better! I hope you can get some rest this weekend before your trip.

I bought my first pair of designer jeans the other day AG's in a size 29 and wore them yesterday. They felt great and looked good. I love them.

Happy Friday Everyone!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #267  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning, I downloaded the audio book 'the Beck Diet Solution' last night. Hoping its a good motivator to stick to plan while I'm away! I'll let you know what I think...

I saw a a friend I hadn't seen in awhile last night so that was fun... she has also lost a lot of weight on another plan and has been on maintenance for over a year but is struggling right now. We are going for lunch on Saturday so I'm looking forward to catching up and talking maintenance.

Have a great day.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #268  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Hey all, sorry for my absence. Been a very busy boy! Only 3 and a half weeks till I get my MBA! Looking forward to being done and enjoying my summer.

Another reason for my absence is because I've been hesitant to tell you all that I have phased off Ideal Protein. I very much appreciate what Ideal Protein has done for me in this short time. I've learned so much about portion control, healthy eating and have developed some very good habits. I think phasing off has a negative connotation to it, as if I'm giving up. I haven't given up at all. In fact, I'm focused on challenging myself further. My entire reason and goal for doing IP was to give myself a chance at a healthier life. While I haven't yet lost the entire amount of weight I want to lose, I have made it to a point where my outlook on eating, exercising and life has changed. I am going to start working with an old high school friend of mine. She does personal nutritional and exercise training. I am focused on taking what I've learned through IP and applying it to balanced, healthy and normal eating habits.

For those of you who are currently struggling with IP, I hope my decision to phase off doesn't negatively affect you. We all have different goals and reasons for doing IP. I accomplished far more than I ever dreamed I could in 7 months. I know a lot of you feel the same way. Focus on whatever helps you. Keep pushing through the bad times. I really appreciate the fact that I've found a group of strangers who are going through the same struggles as myself. At the beginning, it was difficult to talk about my weight issues with people in my life, not because they weren't supportive, but because of my own embarrassment. It was nice to be able to "hide" behind a keyboard and just talk about issues without fear of embarrassment or being singled out. Thank you all so much for that. I will definitely still be dropping in, and supporting you all, as you have supported me. This definitely isn't a good bye.

I'm going to give myself the summer and see how I'm doing. If I'm at a better place at the end of the summer than where I'm currently at, I will stick with what I'm doing now. If I'm in a worse place, I will very likely resume IP.

Sorry for the length of this but sometimes, you just have to lay stuff out there!
Old 05-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #269  

Kooky: new jeans are great. Enjoy them!

Hiker: I have read lots of good thing about the Beck book. It is on my list of books to purchase...when I can get to a book store!Lol. The joys of living in a small town.

Jig: don't feel bad, everyone has to do what is right for them. If your friend can help you get to where you want to be then great. I wish you lots of success with your new approach to weight loss. Please keep checking in with us, we would love to know how you are doing. And if you need some encouragement and support we will be here for you. Just because you chose a different path doesn't mean we can't be friends.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:59 PM   #270  

Jig, I wish you a successful and happy journey toward good health, no matter what path you take to get there.

Kooky, I love having jeans that fit! I am glad that you feel great in them.

Hiker, your friends perspective will be interesting and helpful. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Tomorrow is focus on IP day. Phase off meeting and WI. Shopping for Phase 3. Have done more of a Phase 1 during the second week of Phase 2- I have not been great about the 2nd 8 ounces of real protein. I pledge to be better this coming week!
Closed Thread