October Newbies-magnificent motivation in May!

You're on Page 14 of 19
Go to
  • Way to go Kawaii! Someone brought home made cookies to work today and today was a day they actually tempted me... didn't have them though... before IP, I wouldn't have been able to resist... sugar addiction is a terrible thing!
  • Good morning my Newbie friends,

So I wake up at the crack of dawn check our weather, New York City's weather and both say high % of rain throughout the day. Wait until 7, call mom and cancel. Now, the sun is shining!!! Gardens are no fun in the rain.

Down another pound, 3 away from goal. Just can not believe it! One week of Phase 2 done, hurray! Things are just moving forward. It is amazing how quickly the time from Oct. has passed. Together, we have have made it through joys and struggles. We have accomplished as a group-amazing weight loss. I am so proud of all of us.
  • Happy Saturday everyone!

Want2B- Hope you feel better soon!

Slipfree- Have fun at the botanical gardens!

Kawaii & Hiker- Great job of resisting the temptations of sweets! I agree with you Kawaii that IP changes your body chemistry and tastes- stuff that used to seem appealing is not at all (ie donuts, cake, etc). I know if I ate it, I wouldn't feel well. It all seems like it would be way too sweet and like a Hiker said, we don't want to become addicted to sugar again.

I'm planning on doing some shopping this weekend. My pants and bras are too big and I need to buy a couple of dressier outfits for work. I would be. More excited, but I just started TOM, so I hope I'm not too puffy to shop. I only gained about half a pound since my Weds weigh in, so I don't think that will affect the fit of the clothing. Getting an entire new wardrobe is fun, but expensive. I'm looking forward to being in maintenance to save money on food and not spend the $$ on IP every week.

I had the weirdest weight related insult set work this week. A male coworker walked into my office without knocking (rude) while I was on my lunch break. I was eating my lunch and preparing some items (including workout clothes) to sell on eBay. This coworker asked me if I felt bad selling clothes to overweight women, since in his mind I guess this promotes obesity somehow. I was stunned and didn't have much to say back, but got pretty offended once I thought about it. Then he proceeded to ask if my ex-boyfriend was a chubby chaser because my ex is dating someone who is heavier than I am now. What a jerk (I'd call him something else, but don't want to get kicked off of the boards for using explicit language)!

I'm glad his rudeness was so extreme that it left me speechless or I probably would have said something I'd regret. I'm also not surprised that this person degrades overweight people because he's a closeted bigot and racist. More of a reason this guy needs a high five in the face with a chair.
  • Kooky, I have no words for this idiot! What did you say to him? We can lose weight, he is stuck with his deficient personality.
  • Good morning! Holy cow Kooky! Some people are so terrible!! I think I would have lost my cool and said some inappropriate things!!

Enjoy the sunshine Slip.

I will be catching up on laundry today... there is a terrible odor coming from the washer or dryer but its not in the drums... something wet must be stuck somewhere so we'll see if I can find it.

My storage shed was built over the long weekend so I can now empty my 'office' that has been a storage room over the winter. Lots of work to do and not much energy... I'll plug away and see what I can accomplish.

Have a great day everyone!
  • I basically said I didn't understand why I should feel bad about selling my larger clothing and also pointed out that some of the items were workout clothing. I just really don't care enough about this person to waste my time arguing with him. About the chubby chaser thing, I just shrugged that one off. If this person wasn't leaving the company in the next two weeks, I'd report him to HR. He seems to check me out often and comments about my weight loss a LITTLE too much. It's very ironic that this guy considers himself a good Christian and a moral person when he makes awful comments and judgments about people and is married and checking out a coworker his daughter's age. I can't wait until he leaves the company...good riddance!

Good thing I'm getting acupuncture today and that helps me flush out negativity and makes me relax. There's also a brand new yoga studio they just opened in my neighborhood this weekend they I'm going to check out. Hopefully the acupuncture and yoga will help me chill after a tough week.
  • Hiker, I have tons of work too! Laundry, planting, weeding and brush wrangling. I am going to fortify myself with a couple cups of coffee and hope for a burst of energy and motivation. Getting started is half the battle. Good luck finding the smelly culprit in the washer.

Kooky, shopping is fun, but I agree-expensive. I just ordered my third pair of Levi boyfriend capris- size 12, then size 10, now an 8. Going to consign the 12 & 10s soon. Hope you find lots of cute stuff!
  • Hiker & Slipfree- Sounds like you've got busy, active days planned! Hope you get some time for relaxation mixed in.
  • Amazingly, I have accomplished a lot! Planted half the plants. Removed many weeds with a hoe from the shade patio. Sad, because that means that I need about 20 bags of pea stone. My flower garden is on the 2nd level of the yard( a bit like Tuscany),carrying 25 pea stone bags up stairs and 100 feet is not my favorite thing to do. Excited that the yard is looking better.

It is going to rain soon here, so canceling the Botanical garden was a good call.

Hope that you are all having a great day!
  • Kawaii: Congrats to your son, that is awesome! Great job to you as well, resisting all that food is so hard.

Slip: Glad you are still losing in P2, and so close to your goal!! Yahoo! We have all accomplished a lot, and changed a lot too!! Makes me smile.

Kooky: I can't believe that guy said those things to you, some people have no brains I swear! Hope some retail therapy will make up for his rudeness.

Hiker: Hoping you get all your 'chores' done today! At least you will have an office back.

Today I was picking up DD#2 and ran into a women I haven't seen since Oct. She asked me if I have lost weight, I told her I have. She asked me how, so I told her I cut out carbs. She looks at me and says "really?" Like she doesn't believe me! LOL. I guess I could have told her I cut carbs, eat less, exercise, drink tons of water, white knuckle thru occasions etc. but I am sure she didn't want to hear it. Some people are so rude. Makes me VERY thankful I have all of you to support me, and understand when things like this happen. The compliments are nice to hear but things like this drive me crazy!!
  • Hello All--

Just a quick check in. Busy look at houses today-nothing out there. The weather is really nice here. Just got some nice clothes from J Jill-they are having a big sale on their sale and outlet items 30% off and free shipping. I have to return everything though as it was all too big. I got XL maybe I need L. I am happy and bummed at the same time. Might make a run to my local J Jill to see what they have first. The sale is in the store as well this weekend only.

Did a lot of prep and cooking of items. Just got a waffle maker and experimented with that this AM. Waffle was ok. I will tweek stuff now that I know what I did wrong. Has anyone else made waffles? I feel I could also try Potatoe Puree and Crispy cereal in there as well to make like breads or tortilla-ish stuff.
  • Hi Luccilove! Sorry about the frustrating home search. I have made waffles. Pudding packet, egg or egg whites, just a couple ounces of water. I think I used a little baking powder too. Will have to check out JJill. Larges are awesome, but I understand the hassle of sending things back.

Want2b, I am grateful for you too! You have lost over 70 pounds! Have you lost weight?!! She was most likely implying that you had WL surgery. People can be ridiculous. Good thing that we are not doing this for them!

I am excited to be losing a little in phase 2. It is TOM, so I should get a good idea next week of where I will end. I am lucky to be 5'7. I have not worn a size 8 since 7th grade! So happy with this life change and progress. I think my weight will continue to drop over the summer, it does every year. I am much more active in the summer. One of the benefits of summers off! No stress
  • Awwe..... Busy day... didn't get everything done but when do we ever get everything on the weekend list done!! Laundry is pretty much done, house cleaned, dog walked (he rolled in mud so will be bathing later!!) Groceries bought. I have asparagus, turnip, cauliflower, onion & peppers smothered in garlic and roasting in the oven. Halibut is ready to go on the George Foreman grill... Maybe I'll hit the rest of my list tomorrow morning!!

Over the winter I quit drinking the fruit drink mixes... I have older packets sitting around and you can no longer read the label on some so I surprised myself and opened one for my afternoon snack today... forgot how much I like the orange drink... will have to get busy using some of those packets up! I've spent too much money this spring so will have to use up ALL my food... I'm also using the premier protein shakes a few times a week to save a few bucks!
  • Hiker, way to be productive. I did the outside stuff, so laundry is left for tomorrow. I had seared tuna and zucchini noodles for dinner. Must be fish night. Just ordered from Nashua nutrition, free shipping and I really like the Proti unrestricted maple oatmeal. Trying to save some cash for my Maine trip next month.

Enjoy your dinner!
  • So... After doing some phase 3 investigating, I came to the sad realization that I will have to continue eating 8 oz. of protein at lunch and dinner in addition to the breakfast. Oy!