Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi everyone;
It sounds like diet fatigue is happening. And I think we all have felt that along the way! I know that I did, especially as I got closer to goal. But, I'm glad that I reached my goal, and that I got through those more challenging times. Maintenace is work too. I just went camping for the weekend and ate too much, now am on a P1 day and will do that for the week. It feels great to get rid of the bloat and the yucky feeling that eating bad food gives you. Maintenance is easier than I thought. A person learns how to eat healthy while on the plan and our bodies all react differently to carbs, so a person learns how much they can or can't have. But, its not that difficult. A person does have to continue to make good choices and work hard at being healthy but its worth it. And planning ahead always works! My coach gave me great advice when I got into maintenance. She said, you've already proven that you can follow healthy eating, remember that sugar is the devil, drink your water, and have protein at every meal. Its all good. You're all doing great! Whatever you decide, I know that you'll succeed! Have a great day!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the encouragement, Hawaii! I needed to hear that.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, Hawaii! I needed to hear that.
You are so welcome!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kooky: Glad you are feeling better today. I think having a phase off date will also keep you motivated to keep going, you now have an end of P1 goal. And mid July is less then 2 months away, time will fly by. Keep working hard.

Hawaii: Glad maintenance is going well for you. You are right about making the good choices most of the time, I think that will keep the weight off for most of us.

Anyone else notice a difference in their posture and how they walk? Lately I have noticed a difference, I now walk taller with more confidence, and more spring in my step. Kind of weird to suddenly notice these things about myself.
I was reading on the boards today about how people before they lost weight would just blend into the background and try to not get noticed, I can so relate to that. Now I don't care if people notice me or not, I am not trying to hide either, which is a strange thing to get used to. I know I am not at goal yet but I think I have a long ways to go to get my mind on seeing myself as a "normal" size women. Anyone else not seeing themselves as a normal size yet? Anyone read any books on this, have any advice or websites that may help?
Hope everyone is having a great OP day today and that the motivation returned! Stay strong Oct. newbies!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Want2b- I definitely went through this stage. It is called phantom fat. Strategies from my clinic: stand in front of a mirror, close your eyes, put your hands out to what you believe is the size of your waist. Open your eyes. Were you correct? Also, make up a before and after picture, post it where you can see it often. Focus on the good parts of your body, not the problem areas. Accept compliments. Shut off negative self talk, turning it to positive self talk.

My motivation is here! But the 5 pounds, they are not budging! TOM, next week maybe.

Hawaii, it is reassuring to hear that you find maintenance doable. Do you follow the whole fat/ carb separation at lunch and dinner? Glad that you had fun camping!

Kooky, today is a better day! Glad that you are over the bump.

Luccilove, Hiker, Jig, Kawaii, Dlr, Sweetness, Jemma and Kelly- how are you doing today?
Old 05-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #156  

Slip: yes, in the beginning especially I followed the fat/carb separation and I believe it's a great idea. But honestly, I don't do it all the time. But, I am picking healthy carbs on most days, drinking my water and trying to stay away from sugar and too much fat. I feel best when sticking with lots of vegies and protein and have everything else in moderation.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:47 PM   #157  

Hi all,

I am so tired! Just finished my book for book club, dinner is all set to take with me for tomorrow night.

The children are getting squirrelly. Keep telling myself 21 more school days. By the time it is done, I will be on IP maintenance. Day 4 of Phase 2 done, yay!

Keep taking it one meal at a time, Newbies!
Old 05-21-2014, 01:04 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm still treading water here. I don't mean to whine, I've been MIA because I am still sick. My liver values are high (barely), I've been having trouble with blood pressure dropping really low, and the surgeon is pretty sure that I got a hernia from the gallbladder surgery.. Yay!! And to make matters worse, this past Sunday my daughter had a biking accident and she's got a concussion, and tons of road rash/bruising. Her trip that she was supposed to go on was cancelled. That's what's been going on here in my world. Stress has me feeling like I can't maintain keeping this up.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:50 AM   #159  

Kawaii, I'm so sorry to hear about the complications from your surgery. Can the surgeon fix the hernia? I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and hugs your way.

That's terrible about your daughter. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

You can do this. Going off program won't make the stress go away. You've come too far to give up now. You probably want to punch me for saying that, but you've done amazingly well and are seeing great results. I totally understand feeling like it's too much to worry about sometimes, but I think the health benefits and confidence we're getting make it worth it.

Wishing you strength and comfort during this difficult time.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:04 AM   #160  

Kooky,

I'm still going to keep on being OP. I ended up being put on phase 2 in an attempt to figure out why my BP is dropping.. Last check it was 80/54. All in all, I'm still losing, down 130+lbs in 7 months. Sticking on program as best as I can.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #161  

Kawaii,

Kooky already said what I was going to say . I am around this weekend, if you need a shoulder to cry on. Coffee? For now, big for both you and dd.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Kooky,

I'm still going to keep on being OP. I ended up being put on phase 2 in an attempt to figure out why my BP is dropping.. Last check it was 80/54. All in all, I'm still losing, down 130+lbs in 7 months. Sticking on program as best as I can.
I'm sorry...I didn't mean to sound drill Sargent on you. I just wanted to encourage you not to give up, but didn't realize at the time that your doctors might need you change your diet to get your health back. I'm sorry for being insensitive. I hope the doctors work together to get your health back on the right track. That's the most important thing.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #163  

Height: 5'2

Happy Hump Day!

Sending love your way Kawaii!

My Vancouver weekend was great. Ate too much but did a lot of walking too. Trying to get back on track this week. The weather is finally spring-like. My little doggy Dee and I have been walking quite a bit in the evenings. Almost 4k last night.

My husband sent me beautiful flowers yesterday for our anniversary. He's such a lovely guy!

Hang in there October noobies. We can do it!

-Steph
Old 05-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

stephascope --Happy Anniversary!!! How many years are you together? Congrats!

Kawaii1002 - hang in there!!! Feel better first. We are here for u!

KookySuki - we knew what u meant don't worry.

I am here - have been reading the forums trying to stay OP. Really getting fatigue. I have weigh in tom. Met with primary dr. She said I was doing really well and I need to start exercising and lifting some weights so I will not get so flabby. I also started to take Biotin 5000mcg 1x a day and some vitamin D solution on my bald spots to help my hair grow back. It is used for people with psarosis (sp?) on the scalp. Dr said when I am off the diet hair should grow back but I have very thin hair to begin with.

I have been busy with house hunting no luck yet - not much on the market.

We are hanging out this weekend since my hubby has to go to Singapore next week he didn't want to do anything or go anywhere.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
I'm sorry...I didn't mean to sound drill Sargent on you. I just wanted to encourage you not to give up, but didn't realize at the time that your doctors might need you change your diet to get your health back. I'm sorry for being insensitive. I hope the doctors work together to get your health back on the right track. That's the most important thing.
Oh Kooky, I never thought at all in any way that you were being a drill Sargent or that you were being insensitive. thanks everyone. I appreciate the support! I have a regular dr appt tomorrow, surgeon appt on the 29th, then overnight test for my heart coming up next week.
Closed Thread