3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I'm Struggling (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295368-im-struggling.html)

jendilly 05-02-2014 10:30 AM

Thank you Ruth Ann, for that quote. So true...one day at a time. I can't think about the stuff I have coming up, I need to focus on staying OP today. Tomorrow will come on it's own, get through today. This was all so easy for me the first 3 months. I just cruised along without even thinking about it. I want to get back to that mindset and am doing my absolute best to get there.

jo4applerose, you can do it. Get your mind in the game now and just set it at 100%. IP works...there are many of us that are testament to that.

I'd appreciate as many good thoughts as possible sent my way this weekend. I will be tested the next 3 days as I spend it away at our orientation weekend. Temptations will be fierce, but I am stronger.

karkrazy13 05-02-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4996359)

Somewhere along the line, something clicked and it became easier and easier to stay OP. Maybe just getting in the habit of it? Maybe the fact that I was doing great and really starting to like seeing the numbers go down? Maybe feeling so much better in general? I don't know, I just know it got easier most of the time. Was still hard sometimes, but I got through it.

:hug: to everyone!

This is exactly what has happened to me! Since I am the kind of person who can eat the same thing every day and not get bored, I have my weekly menu down pat, and I don't even have to think about it! :dancer: I measure everything out on Sunday so I am ready for the entire week. It's SO nice not to have to think about what I'm going to eat! And what's even better... I'm losing weight and I'm not starving!! :D

This is the first plan I have been able to follow because it has structure. If it didn't have that, I don't think I would be able to do it.

Don't get discouraged in the beginning, because it really does get easier and easier! Good luck to everyone! :hug:

Bellamack 05-02-2014 01:40 PM

The "One Day at a Time" thing shows that it is an addiction. I find, just like Ruth Ann, that I can't think of the "Big Picture", I get too overwhelmed with the volume I need to lose. I must deal with it One day at a time and I don't think of any more than 10 lbs at a time.

I am so happy you came here for support jendilly :)

Sully1961 05-03-2014 09:18 AM

I loved reading all these posts. I find myself in many of them, especially the ones about accountability and needing support and connection with others going through the same experiences.
One of the differences with this experience for me has been my ability to be accountable for my weight and actually share my experience. In the past, I would be too embarrassed or ashamed to reveal my true weight or talk about my progress ( or lack there of) because I feared both failure AND success. I thought for sure when I told my husband that I weighed 203 pounds that the number would be shocking and he would be disgusted. Instead, he has been supportive and proud of my courage and willingness to be open, work hard and stay focused on my eating plan.
I really believe I can do this (most days) and by sharing my experience I stay accountable to myself and my loved ones. I recognize my "addiction" to sugar and carbs to give me a "high" but the clarity of mind (no brain fog) and the lack of ups and downs during the day have me reevaluating my relationship with sugar in the long run. It is a "good time friend" that takes more than it gives so I am not interested in having it in my life right now.
One day at a time!

Yayalaine 05-03-2014 01:29 PM

I needed to read this thread, also. I cheated for the first time on Wednesday and it snowballed... It started with just one "taste" of cake icing. I avoided this forum since then because I felt so guilty. And, I kept eating every carb I had available to me. (This was "teacher appreciation week" at my school and our parents just poured out the sweets and treats. So, I had way more "available" than usual.)

Anyway, I decided to take this weekend to get my head back together and refocus my energy. I logged back on the forum to help with the refocus effort and saw this thread.

I don't want to do my usual negative self-talk of "I'm just a failure and there's no use trying, so I might as well eat what I want and enjoy it." (And, THAT sure hasn't worked!)

So, I hold up my protein shake in "Cheers!" to the rest of you and re-commit!

Hiker88 05-03-2014 09:21 PM

You can do it Yayalaine!! Just find that stubborn streak inside and congrats on your recommitment!! We are here for you! It might take a few days of white knuckling it but it will get easier again...

zephyr1973 05-03-2014 10:10 PM

Financially, it was too much for me to continue with IP. I also learned that Quest bars are a trigger for me - which sucks, but at least I know. I am doing alternatives and just placed my first Nashua order. Hoping to climb back onto that proverbial horse very soon!

jendilly 05-05-2014 05:10 PM

Well, I survived my weekend away...barely. It was an extremely busy weekend and then I had the added stress of finding out that a boy that graduated high school with my daughter about 2 years ago committed suicide on Friday. I know the family, but not super well. It's an incredibly sad situation as he has younger siblings (same ages of my other kids and they've played sports together and are in classes together). This boy was incredibly well liked, was funny and the "class clown", but recently suffered from a mental illness. Anyway, I got to be the one to tell my daughter. That was hard. This weekend was different than I expected.

All that to say, I did just okay on following IP. Yes, I cheated and had some dessert at the dessert auction...that was following listening to my daughter cry after telling her and asking why, why, why...over and over again and not being able to give her answers. Not using that as an excuse for eating the dessert, but I was distracted and emotional. Didn't have my head in the game at all, probably was about 90% on plan. Hard to also be in charge of setting out all of the snacks in various rooms...nothing that I could have, by the way.

However, I will say that I did well the rest of the time and it was nice to get so many positive compliments from people that hadn't seen me since I've lost any weight. They helped boost me and their support was helpful.

Onward. Today is a new day. A day of 100% effort towards being 100% on plan.

ChipnDip 05-05-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yayalaine (Post 4997271)
I needed to read this thread, also. I cheated for the first time on Wednesday and it snowballed... It started with just one "taste" of cake icing. I avoided this forum since then because I felt so guilty. And, I kept eating every carb I had available to me. (This was "teacher appreciation week" at my school and our parents just poured out the sweets and treats. So, I had way more "available" than usual.)

Anyway, I decided to take this weekend to get my head back together and refocus my energy. I logged back on the forum to help with the refocus effort and saw this thread.

I don't want to do my usual negative self-talk of "I'm just a failure and there's no use trying, so I might as well eat what I want and enjoy it." (And, THAT sure hasn't worked!)

So, I hold up my protein shake in "Cheers!" to the rest of you and re-commit!

Way to get back on track. Next time, make this the first place you go! There is always someone online to talk you out of that cheat.

evemomma 05-05-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendilly (Post 4998545)
Well, I survived my weekend away...barely. It was an extremely busy weekend and then I had the added stress of finding out that a boy that graduated high school with my daughter about 2 years ago committed suicide on Friday. I know the family, but not super well. It's an incredibly sad situation as he has younger siblings (same ages of my other kids and they've played sports together and are in classes together). This boy was incredibly well liked, was funny and the "class clown", but recently suffered from a mental illness. Anyway, I got to be the one to tell my daughter. That was hard. This weekend was different than I expected.

All that to say, I did just okay on following IP. Yes, I cheated and had some dessert at the dessert auction...that was following listening to my daughter cry after telling her and asking why, why, why...over and over again and not being able to give her answers. Not using that as an excuse for eating the dessert, but I was distracted and emotional. Didn't have my head in the game at all, probably was about 90% on plan. Hard to also be in charge of setting out all of the snacks in various rooms...nothing that I could have, by the way.

However, I will say that I did well the rest of the time and it was nice to get so many positive compliments from people that hadn't seen me since I've lost any weight. They helped boost me and their support was helpful.

Onward. Today is a new day. A day of 100% effort towards being 100% on plan.

I'm so sorry your that family's loss or their son and your daughter's friend. I will be traveling soon and KNOW it is going to be a big challenge. Probably doesn't help that I will be with extended family which is an emotional challenge (of goods and bads) all its own! Now you are home and can buckle back in!

gnalosit 05-06-2014 10:55 AM

I fell off the wagon as well for the last 10 days. Not sure what happened but it started with allowing myself some low carb cheats that I knew wouldn't throw me out of ketosis, then a piece of dark chocolate, then well I got ran over by the wagon!

Anyway, regardless of what happened we just have to get back on track and moving in the right direction! What was done is done and all we can do is move forward!

Jendilly and TexasChick LET'S DO THIS!!!!