Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 227.7/187.3/145

Hey there...I was just thinking how great it would be if my clinic had a clothing exchange/trade. Going through a lot of clothes and can not afford to buy new one all the time!! I was just wondering if any clinics do this?? How does it work??
(Just wanting to get some info before I bring it up to them

TIA!
Old 05-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #47  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriswoo View Post
Hey there...I was just thinking how great it would be if my clinic had a clothing exchange/trade. Going through a lot of clothes and can not afford to buy new one all the time!! I was just wondering if any clinics do this?? How does it work??

TIA!
My old gym had a place where you could tack up notecards with things for sale or trade. Sometimes it was "For sale or trade: half of a box of Brand Y bars that I bought and hated, seeking $8 or a new in packaging shaker bottle" or " I really need ladies size 8-10 polos and khakis, can pay $5 per item, let me know what you have " or "Free to a good home: All of my mens 44w jeans. Finally in 42s!"

People would usually leave an email address for contact, with their name. It was a small gym, and most people knew one another. It was up to the individuals to work out details, and the gym wasn't responsible in any way. Sort of like a smaller, private Craigslist. People would leave penciled-in notes and smiley faces on the other members cards "glad you're down a size" etc.

I'm not sure if it could work in a IP clinic.

Last edited by mainemum; 05-01-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #48  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

TIA!
My clinic has a pants exchange - really came in handy when I was changing sizes every week it seemed. Unfortunately, it appeared most of the women were significantly taller than I am. An inch or two I could fake, but not 8!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 227.7/187.3/145

Darn huh! lol So how did they do that? Was it just bring in a pair, get a pair type of thing??
Old 05-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #50  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Darn huh! lol So how did they do that? Was it just bring in a pair, get a pair type of thing??
Just brought in pants that no longer fit and grabbed some that did if there were any available. Didn't do a strictly exchange like "you can't have any if you don't bring some in." Some pants I wore for a couple of weeks and then gave back because they were too big.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoiamus View Post
So not what I wanted to hear but pretty much what I expected.

I am in the process of getting certified as a personal trainer through NASM so this is a critical time for me to be working out with my trainer to better apply the concepts I am studying and will be tested on next month. Guess we need to scale back the intensity even further.

Can you clarify your statement about 3lb being top of range and losing more than I think.... more muscle? I have not set a firm weight goal but need to lose at least another 35lbs. I'm at 165 now, down from 205 overall but started IP at 182. Thank you so much Liana!!!
I actually went a lot by how I felt. Something that you need to learn when you are working with people as a trainer. Our bodies will tell us a lot if we listen to it. Those of us who are avid exercisers tend to ignore things like fatigue, out of fuel, soreness because we have to get our work-out in. The first 4 weeks on IP I was very limited on what I did. My swims were all what I called easy pace work, not even breathing hard. It is funny, most people eat a bunch before going on a diet. I knew I would not be able to work out so I went to the pool and had a lengthy kick butt work-out!

After about 4 weeks I could tell my body was adjusting, but I still could not go all out. For weights I focused more on endurance work, and circuit training with lighter weights. It is hard to ask someone on here what size weights because everybody has a different starting fitness level. For me, scaling down to 12 and under pounds, and 30 pound barbell is light. For some one else, that is what they would want to get to (or not) when they are done dieting and can add more exercise.

Some days I felt tired, or really, really hungry. So I took a rest day and stretched out real good. Other days, if the tiredness was not there but the hunger was, I added extra protein. I feel I did not lose muscle mass. For a woman in her 50's, I was surprised how cut this diet actually made me once the fat dropped.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 214.4/206.8/160

Height: 5' 4"

Today on a scale of 1-10 was a 7. Stayed on program but had to wait an hour to get into my Dr. office and left with a list of bloodwork to get done (nothing serious just no TOM since Jan 24), over cooked my steak at dinner tonight, baked an apple pie for DH and DS and it looks and smells soooo good (but I will not cave in ). Going to go to bed early to get to the end LOL
Old 05-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Well. After being so cranky yesterday, my personal morning WI was down 2.2lbs this morning, which (only just) dropped me out of the "morbidly obese" category. My official WI this afternoon was down 2.7lbs AND my coach had both lemon and chocolate wafers, AND I finally got around to signing myself up for kosho ryu kempo. First class will be Monday. Pretty good day!

I just realized: I need some new mini-goals! I met both of mine: my concert black (presently) fits, and I'm (unofficially, but I bet it'll be official next week) no longer Obese Class III. Dropping into Obese Class I is obvious, I suppose, but I'd like another ... I'll have to think about that.

Last edited by Fearciuil; 05-01-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Honey wants to go out on a date where we have drinks, eat stuff we shouldn't eat and enjoy some time away from the kid... I'm feeling guilty saying no. It makes me realize just how many social activities revolve around food... The thought of going off plan puts me in a panic... Don't get me wrong-I would looove a glass of wine and dinner in a kid free space. Just not now
Old 05-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #55  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Honey wants to go out on a date where we have drinks, eat stuff we shouldn't eat and enjoy some time away from the kid... I'm feeling guilty saying no. It makes me realize just how many social activities revolve around food... The thought of going off plan puts me in a panic... Don't get me wrong-I would looove a glass of wine and dinner in a kid free space. Just not now
You can still go out for a beautiful dinner. And stay on plan. And it will be a lot cheaper without the alcohol.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #56  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Well. After being so cranky yesterday, my personal morning WI was down 2.2lbs this morning, which (only just) dropped me out of the "morbidly obese" category. My official WI this afternoon was down 2.7lbs AND my coach had both lemon and chocolate wafers, AND I finally got around to signing myself up for kosho ryu kempo. First class will be Monday. Pretty good day!

I just realized: I need some new mini-goals! I met both of mine: my concert black (presently) fits, and I'm (unofficially, but I bet it'll be official next week) no longer Obese Class III. Dropping into Obese Class I is obvious, I suppose, but I'd like another ... I'll have to think about that.
Hooray for you! Changing categories is exciting!

I set kind of silly goals for myself along the way - weigh less than my driver's license says (reminds me, I need to get a new license, I keep getting funny looks), weigh less than my dh, stuff like that. And, of course, change clothing sizes! When I started I was aiming for a 12 but didn't realize how much my body would change so ended up quite a bit smaller than that.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
Wow, this week is hard with all the social events I have going on in the evenings which makes dinner time a challenge. I am learning that I have to plan, plan, plan in order to stay on track. Yesterday I missed dinner all together and by the time I got home it was 11 p.m. and I was so tired I just wanted to crawl into bed. I certainly did not eat enough food and I can see the lack of sleep and lack of food on my face today. Dark circles under my eyes and general feeling of fatigue. I made sure I ate a really good breakfast today (herb and cheese omelet with lots of asparagus) and packed an extra food packet today. I may need to slide into a vacant boardroom and have a little nap this afternoon - seriously - or I will be worn out tonight. Having an active social life while IP is hard!
Sully it can be hard...but I suggest you keep some RTD alternatives or IP products on hand. You can stash one in your bag or car...you're usually able to drink something ..right? I was taking an evening class (6-9) at the local Univ last year and we got a break most weeks....but sometimes NOT. I made sure I drank one at break or in the car on the way home when necessary. There was a fruity IP drink that I used for that because I could put in a travel mug with ice so no one knew what it was.
(it was the only RTD IP made that I knew of at the time, that was Gluten Free...)it was $$$ but worth it. EAS makes GF carb control drinks in several favors, but I don't like them cold very much. Using a RTD simplifies a busy day. Take care of you!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hooray for you! Changing categories is exciting!

I set kind of silly goals for myself along the way - weigh less than my driver's license says (reminds me, I need to get a new license, I keep getting funny looks), weigh less than my dh, stuff like that. And, of course, change clothing sizes! When I started I was aiming for a 12 but didn't realize how much my body would change so ended up quite a bit smaller than that.
Thanks!

I've got another 25lbs to go to weigh less than my driver's license says, so that's not quite as "mini" as I need ATM. Dropping clothing sizes, OMG yes. (CR@P ... my 40s are already almost big enough to pull off without unfastening! They need to last another 3 weeks! )

Last edited by Fearciuil; 05-01-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Are you concerned about eating out? Because you CAN have a romantic, candlelit, kid-free, adult only dinner with your hubby in an amazing restaurant and stay completely OP. I think it would do you a world of good to do just that. If you need ideas, we can easily help you figure out a great meal at the restaurant you want to go to.

Hey, maybe get your nails done, or hair, or have a massage before you head out with hubby!

Don't say NO... Say, HOW SOON CAN WE GO? !!

Last edited by JLUS; 05-01-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM   #60  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

So glad today is over! What a week, I'm so glad school is almost over!
Closed Thread