IP daily chat

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Ok, well, according to my IP official beginning weight, I have .4 pounds left.... BUT my WI a week before starting IP was 336, so I'm calling it....

I have melted off 100 pounds since the beginning of September!!

I am so proud to say that I will have achieved my NSV of being able to wear a normal sized gown to graduation (It's hanging on my closet door currently) AND when I was nearing 100 lbs gone, I decided it was my goal to be able to have two of the biggest, life changing accomplishments being fulfilled at the same time, and I will reach them both!
  • Quote: Ok, well, according to my IP official beginning weight, I have .4 pounds left.... BUT my WI a week before starting IP was 336, so I'm calling it....

I am so proud to say that I will have achieved my NSV of being able to wear a normal sized gown to graduation (It's hanging on my closet door currently) AND when I was nearing 100 lbs gone, I decided it was my goal to be able to have two of the biggest, life changing accomplishments being fulfilled at the same time, and I will reach them both!

So happy for you!
  • Quote: Ok, well, according to my IP official beginning weight, I have .4 pounds left.... BUT my WI a week before starting IP was 336, so I'm calling it....

Congrats Deana! That is just awesome!

Amazing!! Congrats!!

Congratulations!!! How exciting!!
  • Deana - congratulations! I have read all of your blog posts and I am so rooting for you. Well done!

As for myself, I have revised my goal today. Initially I set my goal for 140. I changed my goal to 150 today for several reasons. At the weight I am currently at I feel good. I can fit into all of my clothes and because I gain and lose weight evenly, I think I look pretty good. I was talking to my husband, who is just excited about my success as I am because in his words I am too miserable when I gain weight and my weight loss is good for the entire family. I so agree with that statement. He thought that going down to 140 lb would be too much for me, and after I pointed to him that I was between 130-135 when I got married, he stated that I am no longer 25 and it would not look the same. I did notice with my friends that if they are too thin when they hit 40 they start to look a little worn out. I have struggled the last two Sundays, but now that the goal is so close, I am determined to stick this through and properly phase off.

Amazing! Way to go!!
  • So I just had a complete blonde moment. I was reading the packet hack thread and got inspired to make my afternoon vanilla pudding snack into a shake but make it with Chai tea which I absolutely love. I made the tea, poured it in my shaker bottle and added the pudding. Bad mistake. I know that you can't put hot liquids in a closed container and shake it up or it will explode. It just started bubbling out of the edges. Ugh. So then I added some cold water and shook it real slow to try to salvage it and now here I sit, chewing chunks of vanilla powder in my chai flavored tea. Yummo!
  • Quote: So I just had a complete blonde moment. I was reading the packet hack thread and got inspired to make my afternoon vanilla pudding snack into a shake but make it with Chai tea which I absolutely love. I made the tea, poured it in my shaker bottle and added the pudding. Bad mistake. I know that you can't put hot liquids in a closed container and shake it up or it will explode. It just started bubbling out of the edges. Ugh. So then I added some cold water and shook it real slow to try to salvage it and now here I sit, chewing chunks of vanilla powder in my chai flavored tea. Yummo!
    Do you have a blender?
    you might try that.

And next time you'll need to cool the tea first, mix it and then reheat
    OR just mix the vanilla pudding mix with some cold water first and then add to your chai tea. I just use the RTD & mix it in.

We've all probably had one of those hot liquid moments that we quickly learned from!
  • Lisa,

I'm at work, so no blender. I have a Vitamix at home and have done them with cold water and ice with flavorings and they are fantastic. Live and learn.
  • Quote: today is my mom's birthday and I am treating her to crabs and shrimp for dinner. I havent had crabs in forever and am very excited that they are an approved p1 protein. Instead of baking her a cake, I am getting her a slice of cake from her favorite bakery..no reason to a) tempt myself and b)have an entire cake for one person!
    What a great idea!

Quote: I talked with my coach about starting exercise again and he was on board with it and told me to eat an extra unrestricted packet about 45 minutes after exercising. But I am a bit confused about that. My plan is to ride my stationary bike for 20 min. at a speed of 9mph at least 3x/week. This works up a sweat but by no means am I out of breath. I am in the 70% heart rate zone. Two days a week I plan to do body weight exercises for strength and these also do not get me out of breath. My question is do I eat the extra packet every time I exercise? How will I know if I "need it"? Since I have discovered that I am so carb sensitive should I pick the lowest carb packet to eat or just have some extra protein at dinner?
    I usually have an orange drink, a lemonade, or the peach/mango for my extra.
    All are 80 cals and the lowest carbs.

Quote: Ok, well, according to my IP official beginning weight, I have .4 pounds left.... BUT my WI a week before starting IP was 336, so I'm calling it....

Congrats x2!
  • Day 5 of my reboot with my coach. Another cold and raining day. It would be easier not to think about food if I could go outside and so yard work. Determined that I can lose the weight I have gained thru the long cold winter
  • Deana503 Congratulations!! That's amazing!!!

I have a question for everyone. I made celery root fries tonight and noticed that they get really tiny. I weighed the two cups before I put them in the oven - is this right? I felt like I didn't eat a lot but they were very yummy!
  • Quote: Deana503 Congratulations!! That's amazing!!!

I have a question for everyone. I made celery root fries tonight and noticed that they get really tiny. I weighed the two cups before I put them in the oven - is this right? I felt like I didn't eat a lot but they were very yummy!
    Yep, measure/weigh your veggies raw.

ETA: If you weighed them, it should have been 200 grams - is that what you started with?
  • Deana, those are fantastic gifts you have given to yourself, knowledge and health. Congratulations.