Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I have stayed at 160 for several days now and am on my TOM. I won't weigh now until maybe Sunday (I really don't like surprises at my "official" weigh in). Getting into the 150's is a big goal because I haven't seen it for at least 3 years. How does TOM affect weight? Is week 3 a normally smaller loss? I only had 5lbs the first week, but was pleased with another 5 the next.
I've noticed that the weight loss cycles... I have 2 bigger weeks, one slower and one "you have got to be kidding me, the scale hasn't budged" week.... The 1st couple weeks were my biggest weeks as far as loss was concerned. It will come off steadily though - just stay on plan! Best of luck!!
Old 05-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

NSV - my blood pressure went from stage 1 high blood pressure to the lower end of normal!!! So happy!
Old 05-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #78  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I had an interesting NSV the other day... I was walking with a friend and our shadows were in front of us... I used to hate that cause I was always sure the shadow wasn't showing an accurate silhouette cause I wasn't really that fat.. even though the person beside me had a normal shadow... lol! I was so surprised to see that my shadow was about the same size as the person beside me!! I know this sounds funny but I always hated looking at that fat shadow!!
That is a great NSV! Now I'm going to be watching for mine!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 265/231/170

Height: 6'0"

Hi all, IP newbie here--I started on the plan a few weeks ago, but just found this awesome space this week! Just wanted to say 'thanks' to everyone for all the support and advice I've read through!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Exercise question

I talked with my coach about starting exercise again and he was on board with it and told me to eat an extra unrestricted packet about 45 minutes after exercising. But I am a bit confused about that. My plan is to ride my stationary bike for 20 min. at a speed of 9mph at least 3x/week. This works up a sweat but by no means am I out of breath. I am in the 70% heart rate zone. Two days a week I plan to do body weight exercises for strength and these also do not get me out of breath. My question is do I eat the extra packet every time I exercise? How will I know if I "need it"? Since I have discovered that I am so carb sensitive should I pick the lowest carb packet to eat or just have some extra protein at dinner?
Old 05-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #81  

Height: 5' 11"

Day 5, so far so good. I did have a terrible time last night though, I'm getting certified for adoption and have a 3 hour class on Thursday nights. Everyone brings treats.

It's always chips, dip, and all that jazz.....it was TORTURE!!! SO need to be sure I have my puff packet with me next time. But yeah I just wanted to yell "I WANT A CHIP!!!" lol!

Anyway I'm sure it will get easier as I go. Can't wait til Monday to weigh in....hopefully it will be good news!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #82  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miholmes View Post
Day 5, so far so good. I did have a terrible time last night though, I'm getting certified for adoption and have a 3 hour class on Thursday nights. Everyone brings treats.

It's always chips, dip, and all that jazz.....it was TORTURE!!! SO need to be sure I have my puff packet with me next time. But yeah I just wanted to yell "I WANT A CHIP!!!" lol!

Anyway I'm sure it will get easier as I go. Can't wait til Monday to weigh in....hopefully it will be good news!
Good luck on the adoption. My DH and I adopted our daughter. And it will get easier!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I talked with my coach about starting exercise again and he was on board with it and told me to eat an extra unrestricted packet about 45 minutes after exercising. But I am a bit confused about that. My plan is to ride my stationary bike for 20 min. at a speed of 9mph at least 3x/week. This works up a sweat but by no means am I out of breath. I am in the 70% heart rate zone. Two days a week I plan to do body weight exercises for strength and these also do not get me out of breath. My question is do I eat the extra packet every time I exercise? How will I know if I "need it"? Since I have discovered that I am so carb sensitive should I pick the lowest carb packet to eat or just have some extra protein at dinner?
I had extra protein at breakfast, but if you exercise in the evening, yeah maybe a bit more. Also, you will know you need it if you get really, really hungry. Otherwise, don't add it and see what happens. Maybe you only add it a couple of times a weeks, but are working out 5 times a weeks.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #84  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Good Morning All TGIF I had my 2nd weigh in this morning and down 3 more lbs, that makes 9 lbs in two weeks!! I am so proud of myself for sticking to this for 15 days. Hope every one has a great weekend
Good job! Those are three pounds that you'll never see again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
NSV - my blood pressure went from stage 1 high blood pressure to the lower end of normal!!! So happy!
Yay! Awesome NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennDee_11 View Post
Hi all, IP newbie here--I started on the plan a few weeks ago, but just found this awesome space this week! Just wanted to say 'thanks' to everyone for all the support and advice I've read through!
Howdy! You will love it here - such a great source of information!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #85  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

How many ounces of water on average is everyone drinking a day?
Old 05-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #86  
Started IP 4/19/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by miholmes View Post

High five for staying OP! And good job planning for next time. Does everyone bring snacks? Could you bring a veggie platter to share? It would give you something to crunch, especially if you brought some WF dressing as a dip. Surely you can't be the only one who would eat veggies!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #87  

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
High five for staying OP! And good job planning for next time. Does everyone bring snacks? Could you bring a veggie platter to share? It would give you something to crunch, especially if you brought some WF dressing as a dip. Surely you can't be the only one who would eat veggies!
Everyone takes turns, so I've already had my turn. So now we're at the mercy of what others bring. I will just bring some puffs and bell peppers next time. That will help tide me over.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #88  
Started IP 4/19/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerin2014 View Post
Congrats!! That is a GREAT way to start the weekend!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Hard to say... At least 116, but most days it is probably closer to 160.

I drink a 20 oz glass right when I get up, and then I switch to my big 48 oz water bottle. I try to drink one full bottle by lunchtime, and one during the afternoon. That alone gets me to 116, and then I usually have a few glasses during the evening. I don't really count my water once I finish the second big bottle, but I always have a glass of ice water nearby!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Weighed in this morning, 4.1lbs down! Great way to start the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Good Morning All TGIF I had my 2nd weigh in this morning and down 3 more lbs, that makes 9 lbs in two weeks!! I am so proud of myself for sticking to this for 15 days. Hope every one has a great weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
CONGRATS!!!

Quote:
I usually aim for 100-120 every day since I loooove 1-3 cups of coffee every day
Old 05-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I had extra protein at breakfast, but if you exercise in the evening, yeah maybe a bit more. Also, you will know you need it if you get really, really hungry. Otherwise, don't add it and see what happens. Maybe you only add it a couple of times a weeks, but are working out 5 times a weeks.
Thanks. That helps. Looking forward to working out again. Even though the weight is going down, it seems harder to go up the stairs. Muscles are not where they used to be.

Quote:
Between 112 and 128 oz every day.
Closed Thread