Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #106  
Started IP 5/6/12

Weigh-in today. Another 3.8 pounds gone forever!

Old 05-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #107  
IP start date May 6, 2014

Height: 5 ft 7

Congrats!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Day 4 and I'm feeling great!! Had a horrible headache yesterday, was dreading today but woke up full of energy!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Day 4 and I'm feeling great!! Had a horrible headache yesterday, was dreading today but woke up full of energy!!!
Your body is getting used to the idea... sounds like things are starting to work for you!!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #110  

Smile I found the smileys!!!!

Ok that's enough!! Lol

I definitely feel better than I have in a long time!! Less sluggish, not bloated, etc... I always knew food affected me negatively, I just couldn't stop eating!!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #111  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Great!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:47 AM   #112  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I started IP on May 1 and while I've been perusing these boards for a while, this is my first post! Woohoo! I go in for my third WI tomorrow. My scale broke earlier this week, so I really have no idea where I stand. I'm 100% OP. My overall weight loss at WI 2 last week was 11 lbs. Unfortunately, a lot of it was muscle and not fat... That's okay! I'm still convinced that this is the right plan for me, and I'm hoping for great things tomorrow! Good luck to all of you! We can do this!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:24 AM   #113  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Hi everyone! I started IP on May 1 and while I've been perusing these boards for a while, this is my first post! Woohoo! I go in for my third WI tomorrow. My scale broke earlier this week, so I really have no idea where I stand. I'm 100% OP. My overall weight loss at WI 2 last week was 11 lbs. Unfortunately, a lot of it was muscle and not fat... That's okay! I'm still convinced that this is the right plan for me, and I'm hoping for great things tomorrow! Good luck to all of you! We can do this!
Welcome to the group and good luck at WI.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #114  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Great losses so far! Just remember that the machine your coach is using to measure what you have lost isn't really measuring muscle. It's measuring lean body mass vs. fat. Lean body mass includes skin, water, organs, connective tissue, etc., etc. - basically everything that is not fat. So, especially when you first start and have the big losses, you probably had a large water weight loss. Depending on when you use the machine, your hydration levels, etc. you could see wildly different results. Those machines are not, in my experience and opinion, terribly accurate for measuring muscle v. fat.

That said, they can point to trends so can be useful. Just remember to just take it as another interesting bit of data and go by how your clothes fit, how you feel, etc., etc. rather than putting a bunch of faith in the machine.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default Started May 19

Hello Ladies! I started IP on monday! I am looking forward to the weight coming off. I am definitely ready for this headache to be gone!! I am looking forward to this journey with everyone!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5.2

I started 3 weeks ago but am a reluctant poster. I have been lurking just reading posts. I have dropped 16.5 pounds in that 3 weeks and for the first time in my life don't want to eat all the time. it is a real novelty for me and I am not sure how to deal with it. I even laughed at my coach when he told me that I would likely not be hungry... I even said, I don't eat because I am hungry silly! I am an emotional eater. But whatever stimulation that I used to get from the carbs to my brain has stopped working in the same way and I LOVE it. I feel like I am free from this albatross that has drug me down for most of my life. I am not sure if this is a short term feeling or not. I hope not! It has been over 2 weeks like that. I feel like my life doesn't revolve around food. I have been planning my meals and being proactive so I will stay OP, but not like I am constantly thinking about what I am going to eat next. I wonder how much of my life I have wasted doing that? I have not set a definitive goal for myself. I think that is my next step
Old 05-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjenny View Post
I started 3 weeks ago but am a reluctant poster. I have been lurking just reading posts. I have dropped 16.5 pounds in that 3 weeks and for the first time in my life don't want to eat all the time. it is a real novelty for me and I am not sure how to deal with it. I even laughed at my coach when he told me that I would likely not be hungry... I even said, I don't eat because I am hungry silly! I am an emotional eater. But whatever stimulation that I used to get from the carbs to my brain has stopped working in the same way and I LOVE it. I feel like I am free from this albatross that has drug me down for most of my life. I am not sure if this is a short term feeling or not. I hope not! It has been over 2 weeks like that. I feel like my life doesn't revolve around food. I have been planning my meals and being proactive so I will stay OP, but not like I am constantly thinking about what I am going to eat next. I wonder how much of my life I have wasted doing that? I have not set a definitive goal for myself. I think that is my next step
This only my 6th day OP but I feel the same way. It's wonderful! I actually forgot to eat my lunch today! Normally if I bring my lunch to work I am digging into it by 10am! Food has always controlled my life, I was out of control. It feels good to be in control. I'm like you, I hope this feeling stays with me. Of course I know that some days are going to be difficult, but it's not ALL CONSUMING that's the wonderful part.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #118  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
Hello Ladies! I started IP on monday! I am looking forward to the weight coming off. I am definitely ready for this headache to be gone!! I am looking forward to this journey with everyone!
Welcome to the group. You will find lots of great info here.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #119  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjenny View Post
Great start. Keep up the positive attitude.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
I got a horrible headache on my 3rd day but was fine by the 4th day. Hopefully yours will be gone tomorrow.
Closed Thread