3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

MAY starters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #106
Started IP 5/6/12
 
srbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77

Default

Weigh-in today. Another 3.8 pounds gone forever!

srbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #107
IP start date May 6, 2014
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 26

Height: 5 ft 7

Default

Congrats!
HeatherFeather54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #108
Started IP 5/16/14
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 571

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Day 4 and I'm feeling great!! Had a horrible headache yesterday, was dreading today but woke up full of energy!!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #109
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,640

S/C/G: 163/134/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Day 4 and I'm feeling great!! Had a horrible headache yesterday, was dreading today but woke up full of energy!!!
Your body is getting used to the idea... sounds like things are starting to work for you!!
__________________


At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #110
Started IP 5/16/14
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 571

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Smile I found the smileys!!!!



Ok that's enough!! Lol

I definitely feel better than I have in a long time!! Less sluggish, not bloated, etc... I always knew food affected me negatively, I just couldn't stop eating!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #111
Started IP 5/6/12
 
srbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Day 4 and I'm feeling great!! Had a horrible headache yesterday, was dreading today but woke up full of energy!!!
Great!
srbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:47 AM   #112
Started IP 5/1/14
 
12Anniepoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bountiful, UT
Posts: 110

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Default

Hi everyone! I started IP on May 1 and while I've been perusing these boards for a while, this is my first post! Woohoo! I go in for my third WI tomorrow. My scale broke earlier this week, so I really have no idea where I stand. I'm 100% OP. My overall weight loss at WI 2 last week was 11 lbs. Unfortunately, a lot of it was muscle and not fat... That's okay! I'm still convinced that this is the right plan for me, and I'm hoping for great things tomorrow! Good luck to all of you! We can do this!
12Anniepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:24 AM   #113
Started IP 5/6/12
 
srbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Hi everyone! I started IP on May 1 and while I've been perusing these boards for a while, this is my first post! Woohoo! I go in for my third WI tomorrow. My scale broke earlier this week, so I really have no idea where I stand. I'm 100% OP. My overall weight loss at WI 2 last week was 11 lbs. Unfortunately, a lot of it was muscle and not fat... That's okay! I'm still convinced that this is the right plan for me, and I'm hoping for great things tomorrow! Good luck to all of you! We can do this!
Welcome to the group and good luck at WI.
srbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #114
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,750

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Hi everyone! I started IP on May 1 and while I've been perusing these boards for a while, this is my first post! Woohoo! I go in for my third WI tomorrow. My scale broke earlier this week, so I really have no idea where I stand. I'm 100% OP. My overall weight loss at WI 2 last week was 11 lbs. Unfortunately, a lot of it was muscle and not fat... That's okay! I'm still convinced that this is the right plan for me, and I'm hoping for great things tomorrow! Good luck to all of you! We can do this!
Great losses so far! Just remember that the machine your coach is using to measure what you have lost isn't really measuring muscle. It's measuring lean body mass vs. fat. Lean body mass includes skin, water, organs, connective tissue, etc., etc. - basically everything that is not fat. So, especially when you first start and have the big losses, you probably had a large water weight loss. Depending on when you use the machine, your hydration levels, etc. you could see wildly different results. Those machines are not, in my experience and opinion, terribly accurate for measuring muscle v. fat.

That said, they can point to trends so can be useful. Just remember to just take it as another interesting bit of data and go by how your clothes fit, how you feel, etc., etc. rather than putting a bunch of faith in the machine.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #115
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 61

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default Started May 19

Hello Ladies! I started IP on monday! I am looking forward to the weight coming off. I am definitely ready for this headache to be gone!! I am looking forward to this journey with everyone!
dnthomas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #116
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Blue Hill, NE
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 230/205/150

Height: 5.2

Default

I started 3 weeks ago but am a reluctant poster. I have been lurking just reading posts. I have dropped 16.5 pounds in that 3 weeks and for the first time in my life don't want to eat all the time. it is a real novelty for me and I am not sure how to deal with it. I even laughed at my coach when he told me that I would likely not be hungry... I even said, I don't eat because I am hungry silly! I am an emotional eater. But whatever stimulation that I used to get from the carbs to my brain has stopped working in the same way and I LOVE it. I feel like I am free from this albatross that has drug me down for most of my life. I am not sure if this is a short term feeling or not. I hope not! It has been over 2 weeks like that. I feel like my life doesn't revolve around food. I have been planning my meals and being proactive so I will stay OP, but not like I am constantly thinking about what I am going to eat next. I wonder how much of my life I have wasted doing that? I have not set a definitive goal for myself. I think that is my next step
mmjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #117
Started IP 5/16/14
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 571

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjenny View Post
I started 3 weeks ago but am a reluctant poster. I have been lurking just reading posts. I have dropped 16.5 pounds in that 3 weeks and for the first time in my life don't want to eat all the time. it is a real novelty for me and I am not sure how to deal with it. I even laughed at my coach when he told me that I would likely not be hungry... I even said, I don't eat because I am hungry silly! I am an emotional eater. But whatever stimulation that I used to get from the carbs to my brain has stopped working in the same way and I LOVE it. I feel like I am free from this albatross that has drug me down for most of my life. I am not sure if this is a short term feeling or not. I hope not! It has been over 2 weeks like that. I feel like my life doesn't revolve around food. I have been planning my meals and being proactive so I will stay OP, but not like I am constantly thinking about what I am going to eat next. I wonder how much of my life I have wasted doing that? I have not set a definitive goal for myself. I think that is my next step
This only my 6th day OP but I feel the same way. It's wonderful! I actually forgot to eat my lunch today! Normally if I bring my lunch to work I am digging into it by 10am! Food has always controlled my life, I was out of control. It feels good to be in control. I'm like you, I hope this feeling stays with me. Of course I know that some days are going to be difficult, but it's not ALL CONSUMING that's the wonderful part.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #118
Started IP 5/6/12
 
srbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
Hello Ladies! I started IP on monday! I am looking forward to the weight coming off. I am definitely ready for this headache to be gone!! I am looking forward to this journey with everyone!
Welcome to the group. You will find lots of great info here.
srbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #119
Started IP 5/6/12
 
srbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjenny View Post
I started 3 weeks ago but am a reluctant poster. I have been lurking just reading posts. I have dropped 16.5 pounds in that 3 weeks and for the first time in my life don't want to eat all the time. it is a real novelty for me and I am not sure how to deal with it. I even laughed at my coach when he told me that I would likely not be hungry... I even said, I don't eat because I am hungry silly! I am an emotional eater. But whatever stimulation that I used to get from the carbs to my brain has stopped working in the same way and I LOVE it. I feel like I am free from this albatross that has drug me down for most of my life. I am not sure if this is a short term feeling or not. I hope not! It has been over 2 weeks like that. I feel like my life doesn't revolve around food. I have been planning my meals and being proactive so I will stay OP, but not like I am constantly thinking about what I am going to eat next. I wonder how much of my life I have wasted doing that? I have not set a definitive goal for myself. I think that is my next step
Great start. Keep up the positive attitude.
srbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #120
Started IP 5/16/14
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 571

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
Hello Ladies! I started IP on monday! I am looking forward to the weight coming off. I am definitely ready for this headache to be gone!! I am looking forward to this journey with everyone!
I got a horrible headache on my 3rd day but was fine by the 4th day. Hopefully yours will be gone tomorrow.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2