3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   MAY 2014 starters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295296-may-2014-starters.html)

cass2ander 05-23-2014 08:09 AM

who has their plan in place for this weekend? Without a plan,,,,, we could be in trouble. Share how you are handling other's drinking, treats and yummies fro the grill?

:)

Kellyc14 05-23-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cass2ander (Post 5008964)
who has their plan in place for this weekend? Without a plan,,,,, we could be in trouble. Share how you are handling other's drinking, treats and yummies fro the grill?

Thank you, I needed that reminder! Especially since my parents and daughter are going to be in from out of town and alcohol will be flowing freely!!

My daughter is my cheerleader though, so I know she will help me. We are going to go through recipes tonight and try some new ones.

I WI today, so I know that I will be stoked and WILL not even be tempted to deviate from my path to skinny!! :)

12Anniepoo 05-23-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyc14 (Post 5008993)
Thank you, I needed that reminder! Especially since my parents and daughter are going to be in from out of town and alcohol will be flowing freely!!

My daughter is my cheerleader though, so I know she will help me. We are going to go through recipes tonight and try some new ones.

I WI today, so I know that I will be stoked and WILL not even be tempted to deviate from my path to skinny!! :)

Good luck at WI today!

I've realized that my kids are my cheerleaders too. I didn't even realize it until last night when I made them spaghetti. I got a little bit of sauce on my finger and started to lick it off. They all freaked out, "MOM! You don't want to eat that!!! It's not on your diet!!!" Hilarious, because it was just one drop of tomato sauce. But I love that they're paying attention and determined to keep me OP. So cute!

Good luck to everyone this crazy weekend!

Kellyc14 05-23-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo (Post 5009059)
Good luck at WI today!

I've realized that my kids are my cheerleaders too. I didn't even realize it until last night when I made them spaghetti. I got a little bit of sauce on my finger and started to lick it off. They all freaked out, "MOM! You don't want to eat that!!! It's not on your diet!!!" Hilarious, because it was just one drop of tomato sauce. But I love that they're paying attention and determined to keep me OP. So cute!

Good luck to everyone this crazy weekend!

I find myself doing that and I freak out! Lol I made Mexican rice last night and I usually taste test it- not this time- I was like, I hope it tastes ok!!

That's great that our kids cheer us on! My daughter is a health nut, she is very into nutrition and exercise and so proud of me for taking this step. She is at grad school in Alabama and calls me every day to see how I'm doing, cheer me on etc... She'll be here today and is staying until Monday, she's excited to try some recipies with me.

arich 05-23-2014 02:42 PM

I would just like to say that I forgot my lunch today and just about had a melt down. I ended up going to panda which is the only thing close enough to get it done in time I had to spend. The plan was to have steamed veggies and string bean chicken and just think of the sauce on the chicken as a bump along the road. well I get there and they don't have any steamed veggies. [cue horror music]. I waited for them to steam some fresh. Even with the Off Plan sauce on the string bean chicken, I am basically throwing myself a NSV parade for persisting even when I really just wanted to say ___ it! I just started Monday so I am still in a place where (even though I feel phyiscally fine) I would punch you in the throat for a cookie.

srbj 05-23-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cass2ander (Post 5008964)

I've decided to be the designated driver so I have two reasons not to drink while we are out.

HeatherFeather54 05-23-2014 11:32 PM

WI today down 4.8 pounds!

12Anniepoo 05-23-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherFeather54 (Post 5009483)

Woohoo! Way to go, Heather! :carrot::carrot:

Missduff 05-24-2014 07:15 AM

IP support

Just started 5/14 first weigh in 5/20, 7 lbs. down started to cheat a little getting back on track today!!! Stay strong everyone!!:carrot:

srbj 05-24-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Way to go:woohoo:

weathermom 05-24-2014 11:17 AM

Hi everyone.
I have restarted today after a few years off trying other things (unsuccessfully weight wise, though my fitness is now much better).... I've learned once and for all that carbs are not my friends.
I've been meaning to get back OP for awhile now - just hadn't quite made the leap - so, today is the day. Period. End-stop...IP is the one program that worked well for me in the past. ....looking forward to surviving the first week headaches & the joy of that first whoosh!!

dnthomas83 05-24-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missduff (Post 5009550)
Just started 5/14 first weigh in 5/20, 7 lbs. down started to cheat a little getting back on track today!!! Stay strong everyone!!:carrot:

7lbs!!! Woot! Woot!! Keep it up!

dnthomas83 05-24-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

That is so awesome!!! 4lbs gone forever!!

Skinnygirl5997 05-25-2014 09:26 PM

New with a long way to go!

I started May 6! 12 pounds down after two weeks and doing great! 100% OP. So far, I haven't been impressed with my coach. She doesn't seem to get where I am coming from. She's tiny and when she went on the diet it was only for a month and she mentioned she lost too much in a month and had to go off. She is lucky, yes. But she has made several harsh comments about how much I have to lose. That being said, I am just not really counting on her for much help! I have 2 great co workers who were on it and had much success and I have learned SO much here! Glad to be on IP and feel that it IS working and there is hope!!

Ruth Ann 05-25-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinnygirl5997 (Post 5010270)
I started May 6! 12 pounds down after two weeks and doing great! 100% OP. So far, I haven't been impressed with my coach. She doesn't seem to get where I am coming from. She's tiny and when she went on the diet it was only for a month and she mentioned she lost too much in a month and had to go off. She is lucky, yes. But she has made several harsh comments about how much I have to lose. That being said, I am just not really counting on her for much help! I have 2 great co workers who were on it and had much success and I have learned SO much here! Glad to be on IP and feel that it IS working and there is hope!!

Congrats on your losses - you're doing awesome.

On your coach - if she is saying things that make you uncomfortable you need to tell her to stop. You pay her for coaching, not rudeness. If there's an owner, tell them and ask to switch coaches if possible. You are paying a great deal of money for a service, you deserve to be treated with respect.