Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 12:30 AM   #166  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermom View Post
Hi everyone.
I have restarted today after a few years off trying other things (unsuccessfully weight wise, though my fitness is now much better).... I've learned once and for all that carbs are not my friends.
I've been meaning to get back OP for awhile now - just hadn't quite made the leap - so, today is the day. Period. End-stop...IP is the one program that worked well for me in the past. ....looking forward to surviving the first week headaches & the joy of that first whoosh!!
Awesome, weathermom! You can do this! Welcome! (Or welcome back, as the case may be. )
Old 05-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #167  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnygirl5997 View Post
I started May 6! 12 pounds down after two weeks and doing great! 100% OP. So far, I haven't been impressed with my coach. She doesn't seem to get where I am coming from. She's tiny and when she went on the diet it was only for a month and she mentioned she lost too much in a month and had to go off. She is lucky, yes. But she has made several harsh comments about how much I have to lose. That being said, I am just not really counting on her for much help! I have 2 great co workers who were on it and had much success and I have learned SO much here! Glad to be on IP and feel that it IS working and there is hope!!
This is a great place to find support and encouragement. You are doing great!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arich View Post
I would just like to say that I forgot my lunch today and just about had a melt down. I ended up going to panda which is the only thing close enough to get it done in time I had to spend. The plan was to have steamed veggies and string bean chicken and just think of the sauce on the chicken as a bump along the road. well I get there and they don't have any steamed veggies. [cue horror music]. I waited for them to steam some fresh. Even with the Off Plan sauce on the string bean chicken, I am basically throwing myself a NSV parade for persisting even when I really just wanted to say ___ it! I just started Monday so I am still in a place where (even though I feel phyiscally fine) I would punch you in the throat for a cookie.
Haha, have definitely been there, and even though it's not 100% OP, we've got to figure out the best possible option when sometimes we forget to bring lunch/ran out of time to cook/etc. I thought that was a great alternative and kudos to you for not giving up!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather54 View Post
Had my first weigh in today. I started 5/6 and I am down 12.2 pounds! So excited and I have so much energy!
That's great! I started the same day, and down 8 pounds. Keep it going!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduff View Post
Just started 5/14 first weigh in 5/20, 7 lbs. down started to cheat a little getting back on track today!!! Stay strong everyone!!
Good to see another Austinite on the forum! Wow, 7 lbs down is great progress! Stick with it!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 232/217.5/170

Height: 5'3.5''

Hi I am new year, Started on IP om may 20th- consultation was the 19th. May 21, had a very bad heachache, but I stayed on the course, looking for some encouragement. First weigh in wed may 28th.. fingers crossed
Old 05-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 232/217.5/170

Height: 5'3.5''

anybody exercising with this? I know you it does not recomend it, but Its hard for me not to.. Its my de stressing go to activity
Old 05-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #173  
IP start date May 6, 2014

Height: 5 ft 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
anybody exercising with this? I know you it does not recomend it, but Its hard for me not to.. Its my de stressing go to activity

You can do low impact exercise like walking. I went kayaking on this this last weekend. I confirmed it with my coach.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #174  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Started May 8. Lost 11.6 week 1 and 5.4 week 2. Sticking to plan 100%. I've been out to dinner a few times with no problem. I did take a pass on going out to breakfast this morning, couldn't think of good choices and did not want to blow my 8 oz of protein at 8 am!
Old 05-26-2014, 11:20 PM   #175  
KMainprize

S/C/G: 303/292/180

Height: 5'10

How is everyone's month going? Seeing as we are going into June (Crazy hey!)
Old 05-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #176  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnygirl5997 View Post
I started May 6! 12 pounds down after two weeks and doing great! 100% OP. So far, I haven't been impressed with my coach. She doesn't seem to get where I am coming from. She's tiny and when she went on the diet it was only for a month and she mentioned she lost too much in a month and had to go off. She is lucky, yes. But she has made several harsh comments about how much I have to lose. That being said, I am just not really counting on her for much help! I have 2 great co workers who were on it and had much success and I have learned SO much here! Glad to be on IP and feel that it IS working and there is hope!!
Can you find another coach in your area to go to? My coach is tiny as well and I mentioned that I wanted tiny calves like her and her response was, "remember, I was on Ideal Protein to,they didn't always look like this, your will soon too". Very much a cheerleader. I've on,y met with her once but so far so good. You should feel cheered on by your coach, not chastised.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:52 AM   #177  
Start date 05.21.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
I want so badly to run but I'm still feeling very weak just walking up my stairs. My coach said after two weeks we will adjust the plan to include running, once my body adjusts.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:42 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! I started IP today. I'm doing the official IP protocol with a local coach. I had gastric bypass in 2009 and it was amazing--I went from 376 to 256. But then I got pregnant with my son 9 months out from surgery and then got pregnant with my daughter 9 months after my son was born.

I have been KILLING myself ever since my son was about 8 months old. I have tried so hard to lose weight. Running, paleo, super clean eating, more exercise--and no results. Long story short, after working with a nutritionist for months, she sent me to a naturopath. Tests there found that I have hypothyroidism and that I am very insulin resistant. My doctor doesn't normally recommend prepackaged foods but she loves this diet and has seen it heal people in situations like mine. I'm just really grateful to finally have an answer to why, no matter what I do, I just don't lose weight.

So...yeah! Started today! I have a bit of a headache but so far I feel like it's going ok. Because of the gastric bypass it's really hard for me to eat enough food but I'm working on it.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #179  
Start date 05.21.2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
I have a bit of a headache but so far I feel like it's going ok. Because of the gastric bypass it's really hard for me to eat enough food but I'm working on it.
Welcome fellow Washingtonian! The headache will be gone by day five..ish.

Good luck on your journey!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default Anxiously waiting for weigh in

I weigh in tomorrow, wed the 28! I am so ready for it and need confirmation on the scale that this is working. I started last monday so first weigh in will be a little over one week of starting. I know I have to lose right??? but I don't feel any difference yet in clothes....patience is sometimes hard! I sat and cried, for about 5 min in my closet sun, when i was trying to pick out clothes to wear and only thing that fit me is my one pair of jeans and one shirt that barely fit in 93 degree weather! I am so desperately ready to have more than just one outfit to wear!

I have been sticking 100% OP and celebrate when i pass a chance up to cheat but then that feeling quickly leaves and my mind jumps back to the "I wish I could have that" and once again I am tortured! Just ready for signs that I am on the right track! Uggh!

If I am like this in week 1, how will i survive the other weeks??? Hope it gets easier! So mental!!!
Closed Thread