3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   MAY 2014 starters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/295296-may-2014-starters.html)

Rayze 05-09-2014 10:38 PM

End of day 2...so far so good! I have pretty simple tastes, so the simplicity of the real food is ok. I'm trying to ignore the metallic taste of most of the Ideal food. Focused on success!

Mandus 05-09-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo4applerose (Post 5000893)
Hello Mandus...we have the same start date and same height and similar start weight 219 We are twins. haha:D I started last Friday as well. Good luck on WI tomorrow. :hug:

Awesome I have a twin :P
How did your weigh in go? I actually had mine last night and I was down 8lbs! I know the first couple of weeks see a lot more loss but I'm still super excited as that's more than 10% of my goal in one week!

How is everyone else doing? My coach only measures inches every month so I think I'm going to measure myself and see how I progress week to week. I don't own a scale though so I hope if I stay OP each week I'll get a nice surprise at each weigh in :)

srbj 05-10-2014 07:13 AM

This is my first weekend on IP and I'm a little worried. Weekends have always been struggle for me because a I am at home more and tend to snack. Plus my sweet daughter (10 years old) told me she was going to bake me cookies for Mother's Day. I managed to convince her not to bake the cookies since I am trying to stick to the plan and improve my health. Also, we are eating at a family members house on Mother's Day but I think I will be ok. Any suggestions for making it through the weekends?

srbj 05-10-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandus (Post 5001495)
I actually had mine last night and I was down 8lbs! I know the first couple of weeks see a lot more loss but I'm still super excited as that's more than 10% of my goal in one week!

Congratulations on the loss! :bravo:

ChipnDip 05-10-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srbj (Post 5001564)
This is my first weekend on IP and I'm a little worried. Weekends have always been struggle for me because a I am at home more and tend to snack. Plus my sweet daughter (10 years old) told me she was going to bake me cookies for Mother's Day. I managed to convince her not to bake the cookies since I am trying to stick to the plan and improve my health. Also, we are eating at a family members house on Mother's Day but I think I will be ok. Any suggestions for making it through the weekends?

Have her shake you drink instead, pour it in a fancy glass for you. I'm going to have my older one do some of my veggie chopping for the week.

Try spacing out your IP and your veggies and your salad throughout the day so it feels more like snacking.

GlitterSlayer 05-10-2014 11:29 AM

Day1-Down

Hi Everyone,
Well yesterday was Day1 for me. The first part of the day went great. I was thinking oh wow this is going to be easy. But then late afternoon came and things started happening. I got pretty crabby. Felt very light headed. For some reason I thought I'd go out and dink around on bikes with my 7 year old. She is just learning so I did a little ride with her. Course I had to stop I started feeling really really faint. I ended up eating two snacks yesterday. I pounded way more water then the min. So I feel good about that. Has anyone felt faint? Reading through this site has helped me keep myself busy. Plus very encouraging .

lisa32989 05-10-2014 11:38 AM

I'd like to invite everyone to join the Daily Chat. The more we separate out into separate threads the less supportive the community is as a whole.
In my time here, it was more important to learn from those who came before me than to attempt to reinvent the wheel with a group of newcomers.
Join the whole community!

regrvk 05-10-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo4applerose (Post 5001441)
Congratulations let us know how it goes. We May IPr's are rocking it. :carrot:

thanks had the weigh in - my home scale says 8 - weigh in says 5 -

no biggie - it can be a lot of things making the difference. I am just glad it is going down in the right direction!! :hug:

How is yours going?

regrvk 05-10-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srbj (Post 5001564)

I know the Mother's Day thing is tough - my husband always takes me and his mom to an all you can eat buffet! *every year!)

So when he asked me this year what i wanted to do - is I said i don't want Mother's Day to revolve around food. Lets get the family (son JUST got home from college) and go for a long walk along a canal near our house. We can talk and catch up.

So tell your daughter you would really like to go for a walk? with her? and look for butterflies and buttercups? maybe make you a buttercup bouquet?

That is what we are doing.

But then bless his heart, my hubby then said - "but we do have to eat...."
So he is making salmon on the grill for dinner (instead of a restaurant buffet)

I think that works!!

Michelle36lbs 05-10-2014 03:29 PM

Sooooo I started on Wednesday and have followed to a tee. I went to check in with my coach early and it haven't lost anything. Feeling a little discouraged. Anyone else experience this?? Did you finish the week with a weightloss?

Fearciuil 05-10-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle36lbs (Post 5001791)
Sooooo I started on Wednesday and have followed to a tee. I went to check in with my coach early and it haven't lost anything. Feeling a little discouraged. Anyone else experience this?? Did you finish the week with a weightloss?

So, you've been on the program for four days? You might be just getting into ketosis. Breathe ... relax ... let the program work. There's a reason the weigh-ins are weekly. Your weight will fluctuate throughout the week, but in the long-term (again, give it a few more days!), the trend will be down. Remember that any loss is a loss, and that a loss of 0 is a maintainance success.

momotrips3 05-10-2014 06:58 PM

I had my first weigh in and I lost 10 pounds! About half fat, half water or so says the fancy scale. I have never lost more than 8 on a first week of anything. I'm excited to keep going and see what happens! Of course, I could have the big loss then nothing, but it's still 10 gone! Amazing. I had almost given up on losing weight. I can't believe it worked so well so quickly!

HeatherFeather54 05-10-2014 08:52 PM

ketosis

Out of curiosity today I bought the ketosis strips and I am in the moderate range. Pretty stoked. I hope that means I will loose a pound a day.

Kat360 05-10-2014 10:41 PM

Doing a 360!

Today I went in for my first consult. Tomorrow May 11 will be my first day on the program and I:D am so excited!!!! I hope I will like the food and am going to keep an open mind on modifying it to my tastes so I will stay on track! Bring on the Ketosis! :D

HeatherFeather54 05-10-2014 10:52 PM

I like all the food but the Leek soup. The puddings are amazing!